The Six Million Dollar Croc

3/20/2009 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meet RoboCroc -- a living, breathing, chomping crocodile cyborg!

RoboCroc: Click to watch
After this Florida croc's skull was crushed by a car, a team of plastic surgeons jumped in and rebuilt its face using four metal plates and 41 screws.

Because that's just what Florida needs, more crocodiles.

Wanda W.

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE MORONS, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! NOW TRY AND KEEP WITH ME HERE , THERE ARE ALLIGATORS AND CROCODILES IN FLA. PEOPLE. THAT ANIMAL SHOWN IS A CROCODILE! NOW, STAY WITH ME FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER.................. ALLIGATORS HAVE A ROUNDED SNOUT.................... CROCODILES HAVE A MUCH MORE TAPERED NARROW AND POINTED ONE. THAT ANIMAL IS A CROCODILE BECAUSE, NOW STAY AWAKE FOR A LITTLE BIT MORE, IT HAS A P-O-I-N-T-E-D S-N-O-U-T. GEEZ PEOPLE, LIE DOWN TILL THE LUDES WEAR OFF WILL YOU!

love it!

Mama needs to shut up and get the hell off of here. and for someone who supposedly has a degree in psychology, could you maybe explain why you are so obsessed with proving yourself? just screw off already, nobody cares about where you went to school, it doesn't make you any better than anyone who didn't go to college! and as for the debate on whether or not it is a croc, just get in front of it and start running from side to side and watch what it does. if it only runs straight, it's a croc. and maybe mama can head that experiment!

Wanda W.

Cassie.............. DUH................... read #90 honey, then..................... hope you marry a rich man because other wise you will end up being taken care by the state !

JackieMichele

parents?

It is hard to believe that there are so many peolpe out there threatened by someone with an education, and by the way, someone with a master's degree from Harvard is MUCH better than someone with no degree at all. If that weren't so you wouldn't be so riled up. I have to admit that this is fun. Kinda proves a theory of mine. The most overused defense mechanism is, well, being defensive. It's funny how idiots band together. This is the first time that I have done this...posting on a story, and I think I like it. You people are nuts!

biggerstaff

People, people, people...

It DIDN'T cost 6 million dollars to fix the croc. The title is a play on the Six Million Dollar Man. He was a cyborg.

Nice knee jerk reactions. A+.

Sharona

93. I'm rethinking my decision to pressure a young friend to attend Harvard. If this is what they truly produce, she can accomplish all that she needs at an in-state university and save herself some money.

Posted at 7:16PM on Mar 20th 2009 by Jackiemichele

================================================================================================

Funny! I wasn't going to comment ,but the ingorance demonstrated here is too much. I have lived in Australia, where the salt water crocs are huge, extremely dangerous, and wise to avoid. I have in winter home in South Florida, and we do indeed have crocs. The American croc is an endangerd species. I have only seen one in the wild. It was much smaller than it's Aussie counterparts, and quite timid. I do not believe that our tax dollars were used this procedure. There are vets who do pro bono work, expecially on a species of which there few left. Just as there are physicians who do pro bono on victims of severe trauma.

Re: Harvard - I would tell your friend not to waste her money. Depending upon her intended major, some State U's offer a fine education. I chose a Seacost University, with a suberb Marine Biology program, an affilition with Wood's Hole, and an excellent equine program.

stupid women & the religious right

mama- I love how you decided to quit beating the dead horse that was your point, and abandon your argument to just post about how smart you are..again. Unfortunately the people who boast intelect on the TMZ website are about the dumbest cross-section of people in our lovely country, so I think you'd be better off sticking to the topic at hand, especially given the fact that you are having some hardcore grammar issues.

LOL as well at the people who thought this croc's procedures actually cost 6 mil. People are awesome.

Sam

Actually TMZ, Florida does need more crocs.
It is because the american crocodile population is very small. It's the american alligator that you are probably mistaking with robo-croc. Alligators number in the hundreds of thousands here, where as the american crocodile has numbers estimated to be less than 2,000 in the US. They are two different types of reptiles.

parents?

Liz, my grammar is perfect. Actually, only about 10% of Americans understand and can use grammar correctly. You are obviously not one of them. I did not abandon my arguement. The Einsteins on this post did. The instant I mentioned my Alma Mater everyone got really defensive and that's all they could talk about. Why does it bother everyone so much? You are right about one thing (it's a miracle-I know) the people who post on TMZ are fairly stupid. I'm surprised any of them know what Harvard is. They actually thought that the croc cost 6 million to "fix". I wish they would have just turned it into accessories. I need a new bag and shoes. Oh wait, I forgot, most bags and shoes are made of alligator...cause that's what we have here in FL...gators!
This is fun!

Crocodile Informanat

Mama - I see that writing comments to rile others is a game for you. I get that your education at Harvard has helped you in many areas but biology was not one of them. How had is it to google crocodile? Did the article say freshwater crocodile? Just because there are 1,000 of gators in Florida does not mean there are not crocodiles. There are reasons there are signs posted on the beach in Southern Florida for surfers.....salt water crocdiles...Beware.! Since you seem to be a true believer try swimming and see how lucky you get. Best Wishes for the Harvard Grad who tried figuring out biology....

stupid women & the religious right

oh mama... I don't understand how someone who is supposedly so educated could really not know about the American crocodiles that live in our state. Granted, we ARE known for our impressive population of alligators.. but to be so staunch in your ignorance to say there are absolutely NO crocodiles living in the wild in Florida is, well, ignorant! Obviously Harvard failed you somewhere along the way, my dear. Also I am impressed at the fact that somebody who majored in psych could be such a closed-minded twit, how'd u manage that?!?

parents?

First of all to Stunned-the study of animals is Zoology not Biology. I did not need any Zoology courses for my degree in Psychology, but I did need Biology, and since I finished in the top 10% of my class it would be easy to see that Biology did not fail me. And yes, this is a rather fun game...riling people up. It is a fascinating look at human nature. Take LIZ for example; She presumes that I am a closed minded twit, when actually she is quite wrong. She is so blinded by her jealousy about my education that she presumes to know how a psych major would think or feel. She can't possibly understand my point of view or my very open mind. We are not equals.
Oh and Liz, Harvard did not fail me. Just ask my housekeeper, nanny, Mercedes repairman, or gardener if my education failed me. I think they are all happy that Harvard helped me to attain such an impressive income. By the way, do you need a job? I have an opening for dog walker.

parents?

Mama-you rock! I love this witty banter and your smart ass attitude. You are great with the comebacks. You are right, the people on here are jealous haters. Be proud of your degree. It takes a lot of hard work. It does seem like a waste of your time to debate with these drop out. I bet you are hot too! Hmmm...sweet dreams of mama tonight.

JackieMichele

Mama, your grammar is far from perfect. You misused a hyphen (-) in your parentheses. Hyphens are to join words, among other things, not to signify a natural pause. In your instance, a comma is the best choice. As for your 10% theory, I would love to know how you formulated that number. As of October 2006, the U.S. population was 300,000,000. Now, I'm no mathetician but that would mean that 30,000,000 people can use grammar of the English language correctly. Now maybe I am doing my math incorrectly but that number seems a little high. There are so many minute aspect of our language which are difficult to learn, let alone master, so forgive me when I say I don't believe you without proof.

As for your earlier argument, I don't remember it nor do I care to backpeddle through assinine comments only to read yet another assinine comment. (Did you notice I spelled asinine incorrectly? There's a hidden message there.) What I do remember of your argument was that it was wrong and disproved, so the only reason I believe you are loitering and continuing to post is because you are a pathetic individual who cannot concede defeat.

So let me help you out. Follow my directions carefully and you will see the light.

1. At the top of your browser you will see a place for the world wide web address. Type in the following: Ask.com (It's a favorite of my 5th graders.)
2. Ask this question exactly: Do salt water crocodiles live in Florida?
3. Scroll down to your web results and click on the fourth link. It will take you here: http://www.southalley.com/croco.html.
4. You will be presented with a lot of text (I know it's hard) but keep scrolling down and you will see pictures, I promise.
5. Stop at the second picture and read the title (some call it a caption) and here is the text that goes along with it.

"Crocodiles live along the coast of south Florida in salt water.
The only place that I have seen crocodiles is in Buttonwood Canal in the vicinity of the Marina Store in Flamingo. Go down by the Marina Store and ask anyone where to look for crocodiles.

The Marina Store is a place to eat when you are at the south end of Everglades National Park. They sell soda, chips, ice cream, and junk food in plastic wrappers which you heat-up in their microwave. "

If you continue your research you will find that crocs do indeed live in Florida. Now, Mama, I must insist that you sit back, take a breather, and have a snack before you go into shock. :)