Erykah Badu's

'Tucan'-Toting Stalker

Arrested

3/22/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0322_erykah_badu_bn-1Most singers miss performances by using the lame "exhaustion" excuse. But not Erykah Badu -- she still made a SXSW gig last night in Austin even though an alleged stalker had barricaded Erykah inside her home.

Badu used the all-powerful Twitter to update fans, saying "Police just apprehended a stalker in front of my house. Stay tuned to details."

Erykah went on to say the woman had been outside of her house multiple times -- and she had "several misc. items spread out in the grass. Blue shutters, a rabbit, a tucan and a sketch book."

The lady was "pepper sprayed and cuffed" by cops -- and filling out the police report made Erykah late for the gig.

xcalibur

DAYUMMM MAYBE THE STALKER WAS TRYING TO SAVE THE PAYING PUBLIC FROM ANOTHER REPEAT PERFORMANCE! HAHAHAHA. JUST SAYIN.

ERYKAH WHO???

2044 days ago

CHiNA

RIP the BAG LADY

2044 days ago

Princess

Why would anyone want to STALK those inmoral fake famous people. They all suck to me and is not worth the time of anyone's day let alone someone trying to keep up with their fake low life asses, that think their better than the rest of the world. Now to fugly Badu, why would anyone care what her ugly old sagging face do? she is such a loser Has-Been.

2044 days ago

BaldOuting.blogspot.com

what does a stalker expect will happen? that they will trap and threaten the person they are obessed with and that person will see the light. that the stalker is what is missing in their life? then again, tr ying to give logic to a crazy person is just a waste of time.

2044 days ago

Equal justice?

Was it really necessary for a couple of cops to pepper spray a delusional woman? Did she resist or pose a threat to the officers, or is this another case of taxpayer money subsidizing "loon goons" for celebrities?

If I called the cops about someone was sitting on my lawn, they'd pepper-spray and bust me if I didn't buzz off fast enough.

2044 days ago

Dick Gardner

I heard that when she wants to take it easy she watches the "Stupid Mario Brothers" on youtube.

2044 days ago

Wow

Glad Eryka's safe.

2043 days ago

RS Tipton

Can anyone say...people like Princess who posted below are a little bitter? dag! LOL They think Theyre better? did they Say That? pssssst princess heres a tip for you

get a life of your own so you wont have to misdirect your bitterness at others for having one

just a thought

2043 days ago

huh?

Were did that picture of her come from, National Geographic????

2043 days ago

hh

"4. Learn to spell, TMZ. It's TOUCAN...

Posted at 12:49PM on Mar 22nd 2009 by texastexas"

well, yes, texastexas, TMZ is very often guilty of horrible spelling mistakes, in this case, I believe it was Erykah Badu herself who misspelled 'toucan' in her twitter-ing...read the post again. not like it matters,

THIS STORY IS POINTLESS ANYWAY. POST A NEW STORY OTHER THAN THE STUPID 'BUFF REPUBLICAN' OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT'S BEEN UP ALL DANG DAY...LLLAAMMMMEEE

2043 days ago

Twelve

This is ridiculous. Hundreds of fans showed up to see her, and all we got was two songs. She wasn't even in Dallas. She was there...on stage...with a mic in her hand. Finish the show. This is a shame that here, in the live music capital of the world, during SXSW. She gives a lousy performance. Then does a private party with Kanye West. She must have not been that freaked out by the incident. I will not buy another album. Plus, I think she was just there to get pregnant by Kanye West to add to her collection of Hip-Hop babies.

2043 days ago

kirk

I told my mom to leave the chick alone, now I have to go and bail her ass out of jail.

2043 days ago

Princess

fugly Tipton and fugly Badu are both jealous of hot Princess. I agree with #1 , she does look like a ragly haggly bag lady.
Plus she can't sing worth a dame. UGLY creature

2043 days ago

superman

it is so telling to read the comments on this board.

erykah who, you ask? erykah badu who has more talent in her pinky than most "musicians" on the radio now have in their entire collective body. you dare compare rihanna to her?? are you nuts?? but, then again, you probably buy the jonas brothers - rolling stones comparison too....

i reckon that this is what society has come to. so sad (and pitiful).

2043 days ago

JH

She is a lovely girl. Too bad she is a racist. " Time is for white people." was the quote that put me off her.
It's really a stupid thing to say. She is someone who is obviously only famous for her looks, not her voice. Nobody deserves to be stalked. She is lucky to have celebuspawn.

2043 days ago