M.I.A's

Real (Crazy) Baby Name

3/23/2009 3:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We got our hands on singer M.I.A's new baby's birth certificate and, as she disputed on her blog, the baby's name is not Ickitt. That's just ridiculous, who in their right mind would name their baby that? The real name happens to be Ikhyd.

M.I.A.According to the document, Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam officially named her son Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman, common spelling.

Another interesting fact -- baby faced M.I.A's birth date is listed as 7/18/75 which makes her real age 33.

fuuuuck u peeps (:

nah. her real kid's name is John. go on, make a fuss over that.

Jose

KWA

O yeah #37,

HOW DARE SHE name her own child something without our approval first?! She totally went "behind our backs." The nerve of her...

Anyway I think there's a major difference between "Ikhyd" and "Ickitt" if Ikhyd is actually a meaningful name that happens to originate from somewhere else. "Ickitt" just sounds like a condescending thing an American would say out of intentional ignorance

Debbie

Why don't you try finding Barack Obama's birth certificate? I mean the REAL one. Now THAT would be NEWS!

misty4u

Good for her!! Why should her child have a name that everyone else on Earth has. Sounds like she threw in Grandpa's name too. Leave her alone to enjoy her Son and find better things to do with your own life.

Otis

Never mind the goofy name, I was thinking that mouth is almost big enough to fit around my........

RedBird

Ignorant BS posted by some useless POS

Posted at 5:43AM on Mar 21st 2009 by noyankhere

Go f*ck yourself. This is America and we can talk about whatever we like. If you're not happy about it then by all means go back to your disease ridden cave and STFU.

Womb for one

How do you pronounce that?

KWA

in response to #40...

"To those of you who are alleging xenophobia ... is Ikhyd a normal name in any culture or country ? I can't find any evidence of it, and I'll bet you can't either."

First of all, did you even look? (or did you just google the name and see how many results came up?) and I doubt that in the full 5 minutes of your "research" you can know what's normal in EVERY Culture in EVERY Country in the ENTIRE WORLD. I think you just further proved my point about Americans thinking they know EVERYTHING while comfortably sitting in their bubble of ignorance all at the same time. I love my country but I think some of us need to wake up!

Mr.Jones

""38. That's the thing about non-Americans, every time an American gives an opinion about something, non-Americans get bent out of shape and think that Americans are better that them. All you non-Americans should get thicker skins and maybe things like this wouldn't bother you.

Posted at 2:33PM on Mar 21st 2009 by Jose""

Im American and I still think your an idiot.

Mr.Jones

""29. why she came to america to have this paki baby,---i so sick of these nasty pakis and indians and their filthy ass restaurants in america, they have crazy looking terrorist eyes and they dont bathe, she is ugly and manly looking

Posted at 12:12PM on Mar 21st 2009 by steelers6""

I am so sick of these nasty rednecks and hillbillys and their filthy ass trailers in America. They have crazy lookin hillbilly eyes and they dont bathe, they are ugly and manly looking.

pink floyd

there should be laws against stupid names .the poor kid is going to have alot of problems growing up with a name like that...the mother should change her name to stupid..

BaldOuting.blogspot.com

that "poor kid" is going to grow up stinking rich.

Bobp

These people who name their children these ridiculous names should change their own damned name and not subject their kids to a lifetime jokes.

family girl

"i have a baby, cool! so I'll just type randomly on the key bored and name him whatever will come up!"

that's what it looks like she was thinking about when she named her baby gbdfjgfkl
that or she's on some serious drugs
poor kid...