M.I.A's

Real (Crazy) Baby Name

3/23/2009 3:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We got our hands on singer M.I.A's new baby's birth certificate and, as she disputed on her blog, the baby's name is not Ickitt. That's just ridiculous, who in their right mind would name their baby that? The real name happens to be Ikhyd.

M.I.A.According to the document, Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam officially named her son Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman, common spelling.

Another interesting fact -- baby faced M.I.A's birth date is listed as 7/18/75 which makes her real age 33.

Jessica

That woman makes me laugh! I guess her "rap" angle is related to some sort of Pakistani political cause which is supposed to make her seem "cool" and "militant"? Funny then that her baby's father is Jewish and very very wealthy. What a poser, lol. Nobody in the western hemisphere really has an interest in her, though. And why is it that whenever Asians (especially S. Asians) try to appear cool, they just end up looking even dorkier? Funny stuff.

1951 days ago

Mega Jimmy

How come TMZ has'nt said anything about M.I.A.'s support of Terrorist groups like the Tamil Tigers, of which her father was a known member

1951 days ago

moi

If TMZ staff members can't even pronounce Delhi right, you think they could possibly bring up the Tamil Tigers for discussion?

1950 days ago

R.Zimmerman

Ikhyd Bronfman?? How treyf.

1950 days ago

????????????

Who is this b*tch anyway? I've never even heard of her, nor do I care about her sh*tty little kid. Post real news TMZ, not spotlights on half @ssed celebrities whom nobody gives a sh*t about. Ok?

1950 days ago

lancelot

Edgar Bronfman?? WTF he' was or is the heir to the Seagrams whiskey company!!!

1950 days ago

AnnoyedByStupidity

To all you little whiners crying "Oh what a weird name! They should stick with 'TRADITIONAL' names!" grow up!
Just because you think the majority of America is comprised of Anglo-saxon/British names doesn't make it true. Go to babynames.com and see how many of you actually have an English name.
Also go somewhere else on this vast globe and tell them to name their kids something else...see how far that gets you.
All kids get teased, part of growing up- yes even the "Tradtionally named" ones. Instead of gripping about their kids getting teased, why not pop the foul mouthed little twit carrying on the teasing? Worry about that instead of what someone has the freedom granted by the lovely US constitution to do.

1950 days ago

Anon

Stop giving this attention-crazy ding bat publicity. No body cares about her.

1950 days ago

molly

I'm sure growing up with a name like Ick-Hide will not cause her kid any emotional problems.

1950 days ago

kwa

#66,

where you under the impression that I was really going to look up the name Ikhyd to confirm that it's not the same as callin someone "Ickitt"?

Well I didn't. I just heard the name, put racism and prejudice aside, accepted the fact that someone (who's not even American) dared not to give their child an American name, and moved on with my life.

1950 days ago

Spindle Fan

Dumb name, but I've seen worse. See www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com for pages of hilarious horrible baby names.

1950 days ago

amri1982

Ikhyd is not a sri lankan name, i am from there so i should know. most sri lankan names are derived from Sanskit, an ancient Indian language.

1950 days ago

Keistrel

It's disappointing how just because a name doesn't sound so American, some people automatically think it's really weird. Well, the world is filled with different cultures and therefore, different kinds of names.

1938 days ago

kori

shes a man!

Mike

screw her and her support for the terrorist Tamil Tiger group. i hope she reaps what she sows...and her little rugrat too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments