Natasha Richardson Laid to Rest

3/23/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liam Neeson -- joined by his two sons (left), sister-in-law Joely Richardson (middle), an unidentified person, and niece Daisy Bevan (right) -- wave to well-wishers after Natasha Richardson's funeral yesterday in New York.

Liam Neeson

Spandex never looked better

People should stop judging the kids because they're smiling. Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. Maybe they spent the last few nights crying themselves to sleep. They have to stop crying at some point! Please don't judge these innocent boys who have just lost their beloved mother.

Sandbox

That is the second picture taken of those kids since their mother's passing with big smiles on their faces. Now, I understand they're "young", but at 12-14 yrs old, you can certainly grasp the sadness of a parent's passing...... very strange.

matt

Honest to God, they couldnt look happier or less bothered! Do they even care? SOMETHING STINKS!

pinky

One of their kids (every pic I've seen him in since her accident) is smiling.
===============
I noticed that too.. guess no love lost

poppy

I wonder how long it will be before Liam and Joley became an item?

she looks like her son

Liam Neeson is one of a handful of people in that industry that I have the utmost respect and admiration for as a human being. He loves acting and uses his talents for our benefits and not for fame seeking of his own. He has always been humble and private and that is a trait that one does not see often in the world of acting.

I do not think TMZ is out of line, as Liam must know if one is public in life - death is somewhat public to allow fans to share in some of the grief. He has been gracious and appears to be a very wise man and allow others to show their support and respect. I heard the reporters saying - God Bless You Liam - he seemed comforted by the outpouring of support.

May Liam, the children and other family find peace in having shared their life with a wonderful woman.

Marshall Smith

This isn't Paris Hilton...let it go & leave them alone.

kadengirl

i am sorry for #36 and all the rest of you who have lost loved ones, especially so young. bless all of you - remember, life ends, love does not.

Oh Please

The curtain has come down on a class act. May Natasha rest in peace and comfort be with her husband, sons and loved ones during this most difficult time.

To those that have remarked on the boys smiling, I do not believe they are smiling because they are happy. Princess Diana's boys smiled while greeting well wishers after her death. It is a sign of good breeding and class.

KELC

I feel so bad for this family. Why is it every time I see a photo of Natasha's older son, he is always smiling ? He is in this photo too, during her funeral. I just find it strange

nan

Don't be too hard on the boy. Sometimes people smile and actually giggle when they are overwhelmed with emotion. He is, I am sure, very sad and having a hard time realizing those emotions. Sometimes a smile is a cover to hide what someone is really feeling. All the media attention is just making it harder for him to come to grips with what is happening .....poor kid just please leave him alone he shouldn't have to deal with media scrutiny on top of everything else ....and it isn't like he knows how to handle a camera in his face all the time. PLEASE just leave him be! My prayers go out to them.

Anna

Classy Family..They are used to Cameras and probably like it some..But not now..Joey Richardson better start eating or SHE will die next of Anorexia..IM not being mean here..This is serious..She looks terrible(skinny) Her daughter looks just like her, Pretty..They have had 5 days to take it all in so they are not crying an Freaking out 4 now...The boys probly have a NANNY..If my Grandkids have one I know Natashas kids have a Nanny too...Goes with the territory..

bear

These are photos from the funeral - TMZ was not as intrusive as they could have been. Not sure how these shots were taken...one toward the end is very personal - of Liam and Vanessa - I think it says the whole story. The son is in most of them smiling....I don't get that one either - but it is possible he is in shock and feeling out of sorts with all that is happening around him - it could be nerves.

God bless this family...it is very sad...

PolarBear

OK, all the disenfranchised, angry and loose-wheel rifle owners in the US have my permission to take out TMZ videographers who follow celebrities to funerals. So much for the Mossad's PR wing!

1939 days ago

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

OK TMZ IT IS TIME TO LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE, GO FIND BRITNEY/LOHAN or some other dumb twit, DUMB ASSES.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments