Natasha Richardson Laid to Rest

3/23/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liam Neeson -- joined by his two sons (left), sister-in-law Joely Richardson (middle), an unidentified person, and niece Daisy Bevan (right) -- wave to well-wishers after Natasha Richardson's funeral yesterday in New York.

Liam Neeson

Kat

Liam is incredibly gracious. He is a class act. I feel so bad for him and the rest of the family. People have no right to be commenting about the kids. That's what they are, KIDS. They will be in shock and won't even come close to grasping losing their mother for a long time. I was 24 when my dad died, and I'm still in shock myself almost 13 years later. My heart goes out to them.

Smart

I lost a relative recently also and you would be shockingly surprised at how family's act at funerals. Funerals aren't always like what they appear to be on television and movies. Family usually talk about and remember the good times as opposed to being sad and depressed. Sure you cry but it's more of a pride type of thing to appear strong in front of others. Unless you have been to a funeral recently and experienced it first hand you wouldn't understand. It's a total mix of emotions. They are teenage boys EMPHASIS on TEENAGE, they especially don't want to appear weak. It's strange to us but that's how it is. As days and months go by they will realize that their mother is no longer here. It must be HORRIBLY hard losing anyone let alone your MOTHER! Give them a break please.

KATHY

What a beautiful family and how sad....I agree with the previous poster, you go thru alot of different emotions and at different times. Losing your mother makes you unbalanced for a long time....I lost mine in July and my MIL in Dec....2 mothers...horrible...and they were old.

Gabi

Wow , you guys really need to take a chill pill .
If you dont like TMZ or the people there because of the stuff they do, then why come to the site at all ?
Yea its sad this chick died . And so what ? TMZ took a picture of her family leaving after she was burried . .
Whoop dee doo .
TMZ has done alot worse .

Anyone else remeber the pictures they posted of Heath Ledgers body being carried out of his apartment in a body bag ? and the video ?
Mhm . Alot Worse then this . . this grieving family , even though the one child is smiling .

Seriously , Get over yourselves . You dont like what TMZ posts , dont come to the site .

Bren

My god, they asked for privacy...why can't anyone respect that? The boy is laughing because there has been so much commotion in the last week that he really hasn't had a chance for reality to sink in yet. When things calm down, he will most likely grieve. Btw, it is also possible for people to grieve and still laugh at times. I for one am glad her son is able to laugh during this time. RIP Natasha

Amazing

God bless you, Bridgewater.

annie

OK, LIAM IS STARTING TO MAKE ME SICK--------THE GUY CANNOT QUIT WAVING. NO ONE EXPECTS HIM TO WAVE.......BUT HE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO STOP.WHAT'S HE DOING IT FOR ? HIS WIFE IS DEAD.........D-E-A-D, AND HE SEEMS PLEASED FOR THE PUBLICITY. HOW ABOUT BEING UPSET ENOUGH ABOUT YOUR WIFE'S DEATH TO NOT EVEN NOTICE THE STUPID PHOTOGRAPHERS, LIAM ??????? AND THERE'S TOO MUCH SMILING GOING ON WITH THAT FAMILY IN GENERAL. BIZARRE.
IT'S OUT OF PLACE, ITS WEIRD, OK ?

annie

OK, LIAM IS STARTING TO MAKE ME SICK--------THE GUY CANNOT QUIT
WAVING. NO ONE EXPECTS HIM TO WAVE.......BUT HE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO
STOP.WHAT'S HE DOING IT FOR ? HIS WIFE IS DEAD.........D-E-A-D, AND
HE SEEMS PLEASED FOR THE PUBLICITY. HOW ABOUT BEING UPSET ENOUGH
ABOUT YOUR WIFE'S DEATH TO NOT EVEN NOTICE THE STUPID PHOTOGRAPHERS,
LIAM ??????? AND THERE'S TOO MUCH SMILING GOING ON WITH THAT
FAMILY IN GENERAL. BIZARRE.
IT'S OUT OF PLACE, ITS WEIRD, OK ?

Trish

#14, shut up. 4 year olds even know how it feels to lose a mother. Your basically saying he isn't sad about it. God forbid he crack a smile! Some carry themselves and have a different outlook than you. And you don't know even know what's going on or being said at the moment. Trust me, he knows his mother is gone for good and he is sad about it.

Missy

Ya know the poor kid could be smiling because his father maybe made a comment about wanting to give the finger to the piece of trash photog all up in his face at his wives funeral but decided to wave at the bastards instead?? You have no idea what is going on in that childs head and to say the evil things you are all saying is disgusting. His mother has passed away and everyone takes grief differently. YES we are all witenessing it in pictures but we CAN NOT hear what is being said to him at this time.

God Bless you Niam and Natashia. Your whole family is in my thoughts

anna

Do I see a smile on the child face??

ctx

I am apalled at the comments about the children; they maybe smiling and laughing to put on a brave front but we do not know what goes inside their hearts. Liam's and Natasha's family may have spoken to them and given them support to handle their grieving. We may see them smiling and laughing but I look at their eyes and there is pain; their eyes look tired, sad reminding me of crying the night before. Can you imagine their son's guilt for being there skiing and losing their mother that day because she went with them and had that accident? So please leave them alone and do not put a spin on how they present themselves in public.

Oh Angelina

Wow. I know this will sound uncool, and I'm sorry. But every single pic I've seen of her sons shows them freaking smiling. Not only do they not show any signs of loss or sadness, they're always smiling!!!

WTF's wrong with that picture? You just lost your mom and you're happy? Stewie Griffin, much?

zzt

No question..there is something wrong with those young sons. Sorry...but it is the truth. There is so much smirking going on like this whole thing is one big funny joke. They both need therapy. And I do not care a fig that some of you think this should not be pointed out. It is very clear to most everyone that they are having an inappropriate response. It is in every single solitary photo. They need help. I hope Liam signs them up. There is something really wrong there. Seriously.

aww

I was thinking the same thing about the kids smiling. But after reading some of the reasons by people who've experienced it, it makes sense. When you said, after all the craziness is gone and it's back to normal day to day, then it hits you, I could actually imagine that being so awful. Being left to deal with the loss and at the same time having to move on with the everyday. Makes me sad thinking about it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments