Robin Williams Recovering from Heart Surgery

3/23/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin WilliamsTMZ has learned Robin Williams underwent his highly publicized heart surgery and is recovering at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Robin postponed his comedy tour at the beginning of this month after announcing he needed to have an aortic valve replacement.

UPDATE: Robin's rep just released this statement from his cardiothoracic surgeon:

"Mr. Williams' operation went extremely well and we expect him to make a full recovery. The 3 1/2 hour heart surgery was conducted to replace his aortic valve, repair his mitral valve, and correct his irregular heart beat.

His heart is strong and he will have a normal heart function in the coming weeks with no limitations on what he'll be able to do.

A couple of hours after surgery, he was entertaining the medical team and making us laugh."

gigi

Hope the Best for you!

1949 days ago

american beauty

I had heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic. That place is amazing. I love C.C.

1949 days ago

Lil

#12 How is heart surgery a joke?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

1949 days ago

jean

Cocaine abuse just for some odd reason makes one's heart go BOOOM!

1949 days ago

Kellee

Best of Luck Robin with your recovery. I am very familiar with the Cleveland Clinic, because my dad had the exact same surgery a year and a half ago. We were there for 10 days. My dad made a full recovery at age 87.

1949 days ago

PolarBear

Beth - I was being flippant. Mr. Williams is an advanced practioner of the Hypocampus Humorusom, and I thought there might be some leveredge in taking surgery with a light touch.

No that I've explained it to you, please continue doing what you were doing.

1949 days ago

UGGGGHHH

BEST WISHES ROBIN WILLIAMS

1949 days ago

Janice

God bless you Robin...you will be fine very soon. I had this surgery in 2001 and have been in very good health since. My prayers are with you. Come back soon!

1949 days ago

friend

too much blow

1949 days ago

m

Yes folks the Cleveland Clinic is the best for heart care. Cleveland is my hometown and we are all so proud that Mr. Williams chose to come to the world famous CCF for care.. He will get the BEST CARE ANYWHERE. Feel better soon!!! And for those of you who doubt this statement, please check ANY, hospital reference guide, or referral service, CCF is ranked #1 in heart care IN THE WORLD!!!

1949 days ago

Jess.

Get well soon, Robin :)
You're in my prayers.

1949 days ago

Ultraworld

Cocaine & Booze do a heart no good at all. His Liver could be next.

1948 days ago

Jessica Lin

topgradebags . COM is just for fashion ladies, top luxury designer bags $98

1948 days ago

tyulie

speedy recovery Robin! my husband had the same operation last year and no one believes he had it because he looks acts and feels super! you will be better than nornal....... so to speak!! God bless you!! :0)

1948 days ago

Good grief!

So glad it went smoothly. The world would be decidedly less amusing without Robin Williams in it. ;-)

1946 days ago