Gun-Toting Shawn Johnson Fan

Arrested

3/26/2009 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man claiming he was "meant to be" with Shawn Johnson was arrested early Tuesday morning after trying to sneak on to the set of "Dancing With the Stars" -- and cops say he had two loaded guns and duct tape in his car.

Johnson's mother, Teri, has just filed a petition for a restraining order against the man, 34-year-old Robert O'Ryan. The restraining order seeks protection for 17-year-old Shawn, her mother, her father and her "Dancing" partner Mark Ballas.

According to documents filed by Johnson, "The LAPD searched [O'Ryan's] vehicle and located a loaded .45 handgun, a loaded shotgun, and materials classically used for kidnapping including duct tape, zip ties, and a map to the victim. Also found were love letters, clippings and other information on the victim."

According to the documents, O'Ryan told police "He had packed all his belongings and permanently left Florida to drive out here to be with [Shawn Johnson], he believes that she speaks to him personally through the television set and through ESP and that they will have a child together, he stated he would be with her no matter what."

According to the CBS incident report, the whole thing started Monday afternoon when a CBS employee noticed O'Ryan jumping a fence and entering a hallway in the East Studio. Private security confronted him and asked for ID -- and that's when O'Ryan produced an expired concealed weapons license. When guards asked if he had a weapon on him, O'Ryan admitted to having 2 guns in his car. At that point, the guards alerted the LAPD.

click to view picsIn the documents, Johnson claims she's "in fear for her life, she is extremely upset by this incident and her entire family and those around are all extremely concerned and fearful that [O'Ryan] might try to kidnap her or harm her in an effort to make good on his statements."

O'Ryan is currently in police custody. He was booked on suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm in public and is being held on $35,000 bail.

Story developing ...

frogs and gravel

He must of had too much to drink and mistook her for Britney Spears.

james

Danceing with the Stars is the Worst show on tv its as Corny as Lawarnce Welk omg 80 year old women danceing for weeks and how many other clowns that cant dance gag How many people have got hurt? Allowing a gymnast to compete is totaly unfair to the other Competors to add to the curse a stalker shows up with duct tape guns ect Cancle the Show it Sux

Lisa

It amazes me that people can be so hateful.

scissors

I LOVE YOU TOO SHAWN! WE'RE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER! WHAT'S YOUR PHONE NUMBER?

LOVE,

CAMPY

love it!

First off, toofastforyou, you are pathetic. Who cares that you are first, other than you? This story is about something serious. Maybe you should find something better to do than sit around and wait for stories to come up so you can be first to post! Which by the way, several times you've been anything but 1st!

Secondly, lost in lalaland, I laughed so hard about the getting laid part that my water came out of my nose! Good one!

Third thing is for crazy, are you seriously stupid, or blind, or both? She is very good looking and from what I've seen, there's nothing on her that looks fat! But I bet you think negatively about everyone and for that you are probably a loner and a virgin!

And as for James, just because you don't like Dancing with the Stars, doesn't mean that everyone else hates it. As long as people watch it, it won't get taken off the air for a long time!

And finally, I'm glad that whack job is in jail and that her mother went and got a restraining order! Hopefully that psycho gets throw into a mental institution!

MARCIE

Dancing With the Stars is ABC.....Not CBS????

bawhahahahaha!!!

#15 sounds like a fatass, single 40-50 year piece of white trash trailer park resident. I love reading all the jealous, bitter, miserable ugly bitches on here flaming about beautiful, talented, successful younger women that they'd give anything to be like. Keep it up crazy!!!

BigJer

That dude is a sick F@CK!!! Would be real easy to have him snuffed out.

Chris

Well, that didn't take long. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was afraid this sort of thing would happen. I am saddened to learn that Shawn now has to look over her shoulder every time she goes anywhere, but I can't say I'm shocked. Not more than three days ago, I posted a lengthy commentary (one of a few over the past several months) chastising TMZ for their unprofessional and cruel treatment of Miss Johnson repeatedly since the Olympics in response to their latest dig at her dark tan. In it, I mentioned how one day this very scenario might become reality. I blamed it on the infamous taco sauce commercial and how if someone like this sick bastard saw it, the blatant innuendo in the ill-written tagline poor Shawn had to say might make him go after her. Obviously from the report on the assailant, he has more than just one or two screws loose, so I doubt it was just the commercial that sent him over the edge. Thank God that police caught him before anything worse happened. Nobody deserves to have to face the public in fear for one's life, and I hope and pray Shawn can get past this and continue to enjoy all the opportunities this wonderful young lady has earned and still deserves. Shawn has always seemed to be a truly happy person, her smile radiating a warmth and genuineness that brightens anyone's day who sees it. I can't imagine for a second how somebody might want to wipe that beautiful smile away and bring sadness to that equally beautiful heart. But we all know that there are sorry lowlives everywhere who revel in hurting people, and sadly it's now happened to Shawn. Again, I pray she suffers no long-term effects from this horrific experience. She is truly an American treasure who we all should look up to for her excellence in gymnastics as well as the honorable way she carries herself in public and, I'm sure, in private life. I know her family and friends will all continue to support and love her as she tries to get through this tough and uncertain time. May she always be in safe hands and never have to deal with this insanity ever again.

hahahaha

Wow, this could have been just like that girl from my sister Sam... So glad they caught him, hope they get him some help.

Amazed

It's funny how the anonymity of these posts brings out the jackasses. This is not really funny. I've had a stalker or two and it's beyond annoying--It really is scary. Escpecially when you've never met the freak. Those of you who think you're being clever by posting smarmy remarks obviously have never had it happen to them. Maybe someday you'll get lucky...

Elaine

That is scary! ! ! Thank God he was arrested & Shawn was able to put a restraining order on him. He deserves to be locked up in a psych ward.

That guy has obviously mental problems....

FUG NASTY

Ahhhh, I think it's sweet he's obviously in love. She's just taking this playing hard to get thing a little to far.

FERNANDO F.

This kind of guy are the ones killing John Lennon and others. They want to be remember when their artist is remember. My opinion: jail the guy and give him mental treatment. Those guns mean that he was planning to kidnap her and ask her if she love him... if the answer is no... then the killing starts.

remember REALITY

She plays the innocent virgin with a plastered on smile then wears barely any clothes to dance. The outfit proves she has a body of a man with rolls of fat on the side. Did her parents have to cosign to allow her on the show? Mommy to the rescue a bit too late. Dressing like a slut she's just another Miley Cyrus wannabe.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments