Bye Bye, T.I.

3/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.T.I. is going to the pokey for a year and a day.

An Atlanta federal court just sentenced the 28-year-old rapper on federal weapons charges related to buying machine guns and silencers.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

He has between 30 and 60 days to report to prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

LOU-E-GEE

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPER SNOW SHOVELS ARE ON SALE FOR 12.99

1944 days ago

LOU-E-GEE

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPER SNOW SHOVELS ARE ON SALE FOR 12.99

1944 days ago

chris

QUIT SNITTCHIN'

1943 days ago

realtalker

He got off lightly. Anyone else would've gotten a much stiffer sentence. I have no sympathy for this "great man" as some of you characterized him. It's absolutely certain he made money from the MTV show. He was required to do 1000 hours of community service. Did this "great man" give his time to teach young people not to mess with the law prior to his conviction? I think not.

1943 days ago

sassy

why did he need to buy all that?? does he plan on signing up for the Military???

i just dont see why he did that .
i dont wanna hear the black/white thing u people say. I'm sick of this prejudice crap! Kramer was right. you can call white people cracker honkeys and they dont get in trouble ! but if white say the N word they get in big trouble! thats not fair . saying white trash isn't right either. that is said out loud by white and black. can we say black trash ?? nope! this world needs too get tighter and be ONE!
if u do a crime u pay for it.
was he trying to act cool because it wasn't. he gives rappers a bad name !

1943 days ago

JM

he bought the rifles and silencers to protect himself after his best friend was killed. he believed that the bullets they shot were meant for him, not his friend. some of you people are so ignorant, read the facts before you leave rude comments. and no, im not saying what he did was ok. but i know at least half of you would buy guns also if you're best friend got shot by one of your haters.

1943 days ago

smartpro

I was not a fan of TI until I watched his MTV show. I am proud of him and what he is doing for others no matter what happened to get him to do it. A life saved is a life saved. Be strong TI. You've done well and God bless you for it. We all do wrong. We don't all learn from the wrong we do. He has and should be commended for it. I hate he has to do prison time but even that can be a positive in his life. TI don't listen to the haters and negative people. If they were happy they wouldn't feel the need to put others down. There are those of us who love you and wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

1943 days ago

why?

I guess if your a Rapper it's also mandatory you act like an idiot...Rap is dead. We are over you "bad boys"...In reality you are just some ignorant thug want a be. Intelligent people have no respect for you or your kind, we just pray you go away in any manner possible because you give the entire community a bad name and we are sick of it and we are sick of you. Go back under your rocks! I think what your problem is ;"Rapper" Boy" is that you feel inadequate and insecure. You need guns to make your self feel safe because deep down you are a coward..there can be no other explanation for buying expensive weapons..unless you are all low life drug dealers too, either way you suck..good by and good riddance

1943 days ago

Fe

T.I shouldn't be going to jail in my opinion. Chris fooking Brown should be !!! Why they goin so damn easy on his ass. Fook that. He nearly killed Rihanna. What has the world come to.?? An absolute disgrace and that hood rat still has the cheek to show his face. =O

you wish

i wish T.I. the best of luck & know he knows he's paying for his consequences. So all the haters should shut their mouths.

1943 days ago

me

I am so sad about this. TI is an amazing artist, not just a good one, but a brilliant one. He is young and made a stupid mistake. His music has made me happy and I can't wait til he gets out and gives us some more.

We love you TI...take care.

1943 days ago

CrazyJoc

What does TI stand for?

1941 days ago

Steffi Burton

It is sad that someone going to prison is funny. This man will be away from his family and fans. I understand that if u commit a crime that u should b punished, but why is it not ok for celebrities to carry weapons. It is for their own safety and protection.TMZ u r sad and I despise anyone who represents taking young black men away from their families. U don't know his struggles or his pain, yet u r passing judgment. The media needs to get a life. U r quick to print the negative and slow to print the positive, What type of s@#t is that?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5