Stars "Dancing" In the Dark in Alleged Stalker Case

3/28/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So the plot thickens at "Dancing With The Stars."

Melissa Rycroft: Click to watch!
"Bachelor" reject Melissa Rycroft told us the show never notified the other contestants that an alleged stalker had gotten on the lot and near the building where they were all rehearsing. Members of the crew told us they didn't know about Robert O'Ryan either.

True enough, O'Ryan allegedly had his sights set on Shawn Johnson, but an alleged stalker with two loaded guns in his car -- would have been nice to share with the others, don't you think?

Rowan

They were right not to announce this guy because that would have created a loud panic on the lot, he could have panicked and gotten desperate. You don't want that. You want the guy quietly isolated (which they did) an removed from the lot ASAP (again, which they did). Considering the fact that they saw him climb over the studio wall and was found within a couple minutes of entering the lot meant they had it all under control. That is what good studio security does.

2000 days ago

remember REALITY

Don't you get it TMZ...NOBODY CARES ABOUT SHAWN...cept for a loonytik

2000 days ago

Liz

I'm sure she knew. She said no then ignored the camera guy. I think if she didn't know, she'd look pretty stunned and very concerned but she didn't. I think maybe the show told her and other people from the show not to talk about it with anyone and to ignore any discussions or questions about it. I don't know why people say it is none of her business and she had no right to know. This happened on the same set she works on so of course it is her business! Doesn't matter if this guy wasn't after her. It's still her business because a dangerous man was on the set where she works so she has the right to know whether there's trouble going on the set for her own safety. Same goes for the others. Who knows? Even if the guy was after one person, he could've changed his mind while on the set and decided to go after someone else. The point is, an armed and dangerous guy was on the set where she works. That's cause for concern for everyone on the set.

1999 days ago

scissors

Why would anyone but Shawn be told, mr. stalker didn't' give a crap about anyone else.

P.S. I LOVE YOU SHAWN, PERHAPS YOU DIDN'T SEE MY LAST RESPONSE LETTER TO YOU. I LOVE YOU AND THINK WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER!!! PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER IMMEDIATELY UPON READING THIS SO I CAN GO PICK YOU UP! OK? CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND HOLD YOU TENDERLY,

LOVE,

CAMPY

1999 days ago

Venom

I am curious as to who the 6% of the people that voted are that don't think that the crew and the contestants should have been notified of this psycho?
You really have to wonder...

1999 days ago

yawn

they didnt even notify shawn johnson until the taping of the show was over, why notify the rest of the cast?

the fact nobody even knew about the incident until the show was over shows the police did a good job safely handling the situation. its only common sense to not make a public announcement like this to avoid potential riots, please refer to model stampede in NY.

i voted no btw

1999 days ago

Karen

I agree with you, Cara. I would love to see Tony win for a change. He is so pleasant and professional. I agree with what you said about some of the pros having things go to their head...but I do always love Tony. Derek, Juliane, Kym and the new girl Chelsie are all great as well! Cheryl and Gilles are pretty hot this season and I do think Shawn and Mark look good too. I wish Jonathan had stayed around a bit longer, he is just the nicest guy!
I don't care for the new guy who is paired with Holly.
Good Luck Tony and Melissa and I am so glad that Chelsie is a part of the show now!! Hopefully she will be back next season!

1998 days ago