« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

My Doggone Life

3/29/2009 10:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It looks like former Atlanta Falcons QB and current dog-killing inmate Michael Vick is following in O.J. Simpson's footsteps -- he's shopping around a book about his life and crimes.

The proposed memoir of Vick's rise from poverty to stardom would likely be an attempt to show the NFL that he's sorry enough to be let back in the league. You know, sorry about the dogs, dog fighting and dog imprisonment, but also sorry for going to jail for 23 months. Remember, this is the NFL... it's almost impossible to get suspended forever. They still like O.J. and he killed his wife got imprisoned for stealing memorabilia.

The book will likely be a mixture of the "Da Vinci Code" and O.J.'s "If I Did It." Except with more dog torture. And 100% ghostwritten.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Paco

#107 was directed to #103 not 104

2003 days ago

VB

Vick is trash, always has been and always will be! Those of you playing the race card....get a life! You have no idea what this trash has done to people because most of it was covered up. He will do all of it again just as soon as he thinks no one is watching. I would not p*ss on him if he were on fire. He does not deserve to play football again. I hope Goodell has the balls to keep this fool off the field.

2003 days ago

Paco

For the people that advocate cruelty to animals see Peta kills animals.com. You will probably love it you deranged things.

2003 days ago

LOL

i have more love for animals than I do for human beings. As strange as that sounds... it's because animals NEVER act out of hate, greed, maliciousness, etc. Animals that are aggressive are that way because why? I'll tell you way, because of BAD owners, treating animals like they are worthless by starving, beating, and/or training them to fight each other. Why would I ever support a man who acts in hatred and doesn't value the life of an innocent animal. These are God's creatures. No life is meant to be thrown away like garbage!

Stop commenting and calling this a race issue. How is this a racist issue? Really? I'm so confused by this. The cases like Paris Hilton, Nick Hogan, etc who got off after committing those crimes has NOTHING to do with them being white. The people who are against Michael Vick, I'm sure don't agree with issues of Paris Hilton and Nick Hogan, etc. getting off easy for what they've done. I don't agree with the rulings in these cases and I believe they deserved A LOT more than what they got. I sure as hell can't stand Paris Hilton, for NUMEROUS reasons. I judge people because of their ACTIONS... not race. This day and age, most people don't judge other people by their skin color, and if they do, I surely don't respect them either. So I don't appreciate people accusing me and others of being a racist just because a black man has committed a crime and I believe it's injust to allow him back into the NFL.

2003 days ago

roo

It sounds like a real bow wow of a book.

2003 days ago

Paco

Are you talking about my comment #111? If you are be assured I'm not saying it's a race issue!

2003 days ago

Max61

..................For the Vick supporters, who haven't read enough of the details, understand, Michael Vick did indeed, do many illegal things, Legally, Morally, and Ethically...........But, if you a supporter, still want to cheer for him, ask yourself why........Why are you cheering for a man who has done so many things against society, and of course animals?.....Most people, who have broke any one of these laws, would have received much longer punishment.......Due to Vick's attorney's efforts, Vick received the lenient end of punishment.........His Federal, "deal" was the short end of prescribed punishment..........His State, "deal" was a suspended punishment from DA Poindexter by Poindexter's choice, against legally prescribed punishment of 5 years........And yes, the "deals" were very legal, as prescribed by DA's prerogatives..............Vick has three children by two women, no marriages.........Vick knowingly infected a third women with herpes and paid money to keep her quite.........I assume he has infected the two mothers of his children also.............Would you consider these Moral crimes?......Vick lied to the world about his real life, because he knew it was wrong, illegal, and also against the NFL rules of his contract..........Vick was into the dog abuse and killing long before the Falcons...........For six years, Vick financed the dog fighting business.................Vick was caught, accidentally by the police, who had come to his house to investigate a drug situation, then stumbled on the dog fighting operation...........There were (54) dogs involved at the time of being found.........How many dogs were involved over the six years of the business and the four or five years before that time?..........Would you consider that a Legal or a Moral crime or just a mistake?...........Vick defaulted on bank loans in Canada.......Vick crossed state lines for the purpose of illegal activities..........Gambling, promoting dog fights........As a supporter of Vick, ask yourself, would Vick still be doing this illegal activity if not accidentally caught?...........Would he have admitted everything if his buddies had not already told all the stories to the DA?...........He went to prison because he broke about a dozen legal laws...........He received short time due to attorney efforts...........He was forced to confess, to get the, "deals".............He lost his money because of himself and his life style........which was made up, of very bad decisions made by him and him only............A mistake is when one bumps into another person at the grocery store, because you were not paying attention where you were going and you say, "excuse me"............Vick did not make a mistake.......Vick broke the laws of Society.........Many of the laws and the rules of the NFL which governed his contract............The new information, is the Labor Dept is now alleging that Vick embezzled 1.3 million dollars of his company pension funds for his own benefit........Most people go to prison for such a thing..........And now a book is about to come out............Vick's attorney is handling the promotion of that, for the public image to influence Roger Goodell and the NFL.............All of Vick's liabilities can only be handled, if he returns to the big money of the NFL.........His new attorney signed a three year deal to represent him........No NFL, no money.........simple as that........Vick owes 5 large debt holders..........Vick is doing, and will continue to do, whatever his attorney tells him to do in order to get back into the NFL..........Vick is only sorry he got caught..............All the dogs he hurt, all the family members he hurt, all the women and children he hurt, all of society he hurt, all the sponsors and banks and businesses and associates he hurt, everyone associated with Vick were hurt because of Vick and only Vick.................At some point, one must decide.........is this enough to withdraw my support for this individual ......I think enough is enough........Vick deserves nothing but a plain life, with no fame or fortune and just plain worry, as to how to handle his problems.....No NFL to clean it up......Again, ask yourself why do you support Vick?.............Therein, is a problem, in and of itself...................................

2003 days ago

Spree2015

This article is just dumb.... I'm just curious to know of all the people in the world why this idiot writer pick OJ simpson to make a comparison to Michael Vick and his potential book... Hmmmm.... note to all you righteous dog freaks, for everyone of you that eat farm animals that are born to live in poor conditions and then slaughter I say EAT A D**K!!!!!! Nobody have made a valid arguement to me about this torture issue...

2003 days ago

Paco

Max61 Bravo! I thought I was tired of this subject but I find myself being sucked right back to it. You said everything that should be said ,and most people don't know the half of it. This just strenthens my vote against this person. There will always be people that support him and buy his books, go to his games unfortunatly. I hope we as a people of moral character do not have to watch him in any respect. I myself can not be swayed to the thinking of these ignorant people that do support him. Maybe we can get past this in time. Keep doing what you are doing. Later!

2003 days ago

Lis

Go away Michael Vick.....dog killer. I hope you never play football again.

2002 days ago

whatsright

I don't think this a racist issse as some is trying to insist. Lets face the facts this man broke the law. He desirved the time spent and more. Just because he is a NFL player some feel he is above the law. Some think our politicians, CEO's are above the law also, this is the mentality of so many people today if you are a star athelete or a politition or a CEO you shouldn't have to play by the same rules. "HOG WASH" They will put them back on the field, back in office knowing deep down within their heart they should not. Then we wonder what is wrong with our country. Look in the mirror and we can see whats wrong. As for #11 I wouldn't buy his book or even watch a ball game if he was in the game, that is if they would stoop low enough to alow him back in the game. We look at stars like #11's behavior and wonder how our young people come up with some of the things they do. GOOD EXAMLPES THEY ARE WATCHING. Put these types of behavior out of pro. sports. Our children and grand children doesn't need to be looking at these type of people as mentors.

2002 days ago

dottie

I will never support a company, individual or team that employs Mike Vick.
My buying power will support my decision.
Human beings can make a decision on being personally involved in a blood sport.-An animal can not.
Mike Vick is a sick, scary man.
I do not want anyone that even remotely has connections to animal abuse, to have a penny of my money or support.
This should be a wake up call to all athletes. --- Who you consort with will follow you. You will lose your dream.

1945 days ago

Paco

Max61 Thank's for your rsponse as to my comment. As you can see this bothers me to no end. How do you propse we(on the right side)contant Goodell? I will be more than happy to give him and the NFL my feelings on the subject. I'll keep checking back since I can not leave this alone for my own peace of mind. Great job enlighening us.

2002 days ago

Paco

Max61. I want to let you know that my post name is one of my dogs. It in no way reflects my race.

2002 days ago

Max61

.........Paco and LuvAkita and Whatsright..............The information you can use, as you personally see fit, is as follows.......................Roger.Goodell@NFL.com..................Roger. Goodell2@nfl.net.........................and Deborah.Pugliese@NFL.com................(#1 assistant to Goodell).....................For even more complete information......punch up "Michael Vick" on the TMZ search.............When the Michael Vick list page comes up, wait a second and notice the three links at the top on the page.........Click on Vick Updates. the Atlanta-Journal Constitution........they have about 40 different stories about Vick and the most update story about the Labor Dept and the misuse of Pension Funds..............and worse, the rapid developments of Vick's attorney...........an aggressive fellow working hard for his money............not good................I am apprehensive as to Goodell beginning to weaken....................Any letters Goodell receives that are negative to Vick is good.............I only hope it is enough.........two or three times a day is good...........State things that make money sense............not just calling Vick ugly names................Goodell has to think of the money...............The NFL is such a giant corporation, it hard to imagine them even considering a deal with Vick..............I'll get you the mailing address on Park Ave..........it is in another folder...................thanks............

2002 days ago