Gimme, Gimme Moore!

4/1/2009 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 63-year-old resurfaced at the Broadway premiere of "Hair" on Tuesday, looking appropriate.

Melba Moore

In 1969, Melba replaced Diane Keaton in the original Broadway production of "Hair."

After a bitter divorce In the '90s, Melba was forced to go on welfare.

COMMENTS

toolate41

Isn't that Koko B. Ware?? Dude use to wrestle in the 80's

1940 days ago

amy

#4 you are a liar. Melba Moore is in Brooklyn,right now as we speak at a jazz convention. Nice try.

xcalibur

DAYUMM SHE OLD.

1939 days ago

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

# 30 you are just as jusgemental as you claim poster #4 is! LOL GET A LIFE

Melba you look GREAT

Ticklefist

I'm more shocked that TMZ or anyone would recognize Melba Moore, these guys will cover anybody who had a sliver of publicity.

da bears

That is a tranny if I ever saw one!!!

Grsvly

To #4 from #3

If you truly work in the coroner's office in LA, you have only
solidified my belief that any idiot can get a public job.

a. "Distgustingly Ethnic Name?" It's the abreviation of a city, genius. You live in California - look at the map.
b. http://www.melbamoore.com/bio

Jean Summers--Proud to still fit in my HS Cheerleader uniform

#40 you are an April Fool... Melba is fine

wendell dixon

I am reading these comments and laughing to myself.. At 63..she look better than a lot of folks half her age..Especially the haters on here..Amazing..so what her eyes are red...we don't know what caused that because we are not talking to her about it..LOL..folks speculate almost anything..if you ask me..I wish we could turn the cameras on some of these haters..Looking at a lot them..they would probably make my eyes turn red 2 and my nose go crooked... Keep up the look melba. You made a brother feel good....its true.Black don't Crack..you aged well my sister..well..

Gina

Are you sure this is not Carrot Top with a tan and a black wig? ...just saying.

1939 days ago

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Wrath two words to you.... yo mama...

mook

yep, this is her ("You Stepped Into My Life" was a HUGE disco hit for Melba back the day, Wayne Newton even covered it). Lookin' a little like Macy Gray in the hair though.

gladyskravitz

What is wrong with you people?
I saw Melba perform two months ago in San Francisco and she was great! Yes, the pic is definitely of her and she still looks beautiful. She's a very petite woman with a big ol' powerful voice and put on a really wonderful show.
Seriously, what is the motivation behind all this weird anger and hatred? I don't get it at all.

shelly

She looks like a black carrot top!

please don't

For those of you who thought she had died, I wonder if you might have confused her with Minnie Riperton who had a big hit with the song "Lovin' You". She died of breast cancer at age 31 and was popular around the same time as Melba Moore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments