David Blaine -- Trick With Dolla Make You Holla!

4/2/2009 12:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With all those lame ass stunts he's been doing lately, you might forget David Blaine can actually do magic. Consider this a reminder.

David Blaine: Click to watch
We've watched it in slow-mo and still can't figure it out.

OBAMA for Presidant!

He is an alien!

asianeyes

Pretty dang awesome

Hey Hey

He can get it. Hi Christina Monique Jackson!

Tony

the only "lame ass" is TMZ's labeling of David Blaine. The young man is very talented without a doubt.

MaryMac

I watched it twice and really don't get it. What exactly did he do?

Onoze

TMZ cameraman needs to learn how to ZOOM IN, please.

Sandra

Here goes a suggestion to TMZ that I've been thinking for a long time. I know it's your job, I get that, but since you guys make fun of every little thing a celebrity does (I'm not talking about Blaine here.. I'm just using this news to post), why don't you make a story of how would the perfect celebrity be? The one that you would not make fun whatsoever. What would it take for a really famous celebrity not be on TMZ? It's a challenge for you guys. Make it a 1 to 10 characteristcs of this inexisting person...

Confused

The living in a glass box and hanging upside down stuff he does is dumb but he is awesome when it comes to actual magic tricks. I wish he'd do another of those tv specials.

MaryMac

OK...I watched again and I think what he supposedly did was have the guy sign the bill and "remove" the capital letter "F" from the guys signature and "move" it to the other side of the bill, right?

My guess as to how he did it was to slide a piece of film onto the bill and then take that particular part, slide it off and then place it onto the other side of the bill. You have to remember, too, that Baine uses a lot of accomplices in his tricks, so the guy may very well be a plant.

FLTom

He swapped out the dollar about 5 seconds into the trick. It goes into his left hand. At the same moment he swapped in his own dollar, which he then uses for the rest of the trick.

jfp

He is not as good as the public thinks.

Whamo

What did he do? Someone please tell me.

Ryoichi Morita

I've always been impressed with his magic trick.

FLTom

He swapped the dollar out BEFORE the guy signed it. It went into his left hand and up his sleeve. While he performed that maneuver he had dollar bill of his own palmed in the same hand. That's the one he used for the rest of the trick. He then made it appear as though he was moving the Treasury stamp from one side of the bill to the other, but in reality the special dollar bill he used ALWAYS had the stamp where it ended up, and he used sleight of hand to make it seem as if he was moving it.

Loons

People, he moved the "F" on the dollare bill. You can it clearly in the above still picture. I know there is no such thing as magic, but I can't figure this one out. When you realize how simply this tricks are done, I don't know how so many people fall for it. So dumb!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments