Ex Beauty Queen

Busted for Intoxicating Qualities

4/3/2009 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Raelene AguilarThe chick responsible for one of the hottest mugshots we've seen in a while is Miss New Mexico USA 2008 -- taken right after she was popped for driving drunk in Texas yesterday.

Raelene Aguilar was arrested at 3:48 AM by El Paso PD after they originally pulled her over for speeding. They gave her a a field sobriety test, which she failed. She was eventually booked into county jail at 6:00 AM and went before a judge a few hours later. Aguilar was eventually bonded out for $600.

TMZ spoke with the president of the Miss Universe Organization Paula Shugart, a bigwig at Miss USA, who says, "She has our deepest sympathies and we're hoping she can make it through this difficult time. She's a good person."

Aguilar's reign as Miss New Mexico USA came to a close at the end of 2008.

UPDATE -- Aguilar's attorney tells TMZ, "Ms. Aguilar does regret the incident, although she denies all allegations ... My client denies that she was speeding and denies failing any field sobriety test, as she did not submit to any such test. Finally, Raelene can state with confidence that she has the unwaivering support of the Miss New Mexico USA Organization."

Eric

Why do people always offer their "deepest sympathies" when someone gets arrested, particularly for drunk driving? How about being honest and saying she drove drunk, she messed up, and she deserves to go to jail!

arte help

LOOKING TO MY LEFT, LOOKING TO MY RIGHT, I STAND ALONE, AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP. PEOPLE GET WITH THE PROGRAM. IM FIRST EVERYTIME, GET OVER IT BECAUSE IM TOOFASTFORYOU

artie help

i was there when she, was popped. It was a shame. She looked great but was clearly, intoxicated.

Ooooo Noooo!

Nothing good happens at 3:48 AM in El Paso. . . come to think of it, ANYWHERE!

MA

Eric, I agree with you that the former Miss New Mexico screwed up in a big way...that goodness she was caught before she hurt or killed herself or someone else! Why don't people get the message that you shouldn't drive while under the influence?!

Uh, TOFASTFORYOU...what the hell??

whynot

Darn her!!!!! I TOLD her to take her barstool!!!!

The Dude

well, drunk driving is the worst. If you can bring yourself up to "one notch up from worst" which would be "Paris Hilton" behavior, you may save yourself.

That would consist of taking a random guy into the bathroom stall for sex, then getting a ride home from him.

I know both positions are the bottom of the barrel, however when your drunk, the "Paris" path, is alot better than the "jail" path.

Given, you may die from either one..drunk driving crash..or man eating herpes. you will live to drink another day when you choose the "Paris" way out.

Michael Madsen

I'd like to meet a drunk chick like her... I'd Driiiiive her home....

jfp

I think these laws may be going way overboard. Anyone stopped and having had just a couple of drinks could be arrested and labeled a drunk. My point is this, there is a difference between having a drink and being drunk. Like every thing else our government does, it does to an extreme and it is overblown. I'm not saying you shouldn't be arrested if you are really "drunk." You should. I just don't think I trust the scales they use. I know people that can hold 2 or 3 drinks without being impaired. They might not pass atest but I'm sure they could fly a jet without a problem. I'm thinking these laws are being created and enforced by ultra-christian tea drinking sects. In any case, if someone is stopped and they arn't out of control I don't think they should be treated as criminals and locked up. If they are not really drunk-drunk, they should be made to call a taxi and just have their cars hauled away and impounded. The costs of that would be lesson enough I think.

Teri

She'll the usually woman discount in sentencing and treatment from the judge and media. They’ll all blame her father/boyfriend/husband/ex-husband for her criminal actions… blah, blah, blah.

It's tough being a woman in the United States. All that discrimination and abuse.

Friend!!

PEOPLE GET BUSTED EVERYDAY FOR THIS STUFF.....I DONT THINK ITS RIGHT TO PUT HER ON HERE AT ALL.....SHE'S NOT A CURRENT TITLEHOLDER SO WHY IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL.... I THINK BEING ARRESTED IS ENOUGH.....PUTTING HER IN THE SPOTLIGHT IS WRONG, GO GOOGLE OTHER BEAUTY QUEENS NAMES AND I AM SURE YOU WILL UNCOVER A LOT MORE JUICY SECRETS........KEEP YOUR HEAD UP RAELENE......ANY PRESS IS GOOD PRESS......NOW, SHE CAN LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND PROVE TO EVERYONE WHAT A GREAT PERSON SHE IS.!!

MJ

Wow you broads really do look terrible without makeup. What a shame

Awwstah

You would think with her looks that she would get away with it. But Iguess not everyone's like me.

PEPSI Generation

Called her parents and she was sent homO withOUT nay dinDIN.TMZ called someone who cared?

Jomica Man

Many valid comments about this article. Though, #9 is really off his/hers rocker in a big way. Have we not had far too many people killed by these irresponsible drunks. They may start off sober with a degree of intellegence and resposibility. Yet, when they start to drink, and damn well know they plan to drive their own vehicle at the end of the night, they themselves, put our society at risk. As for the amount of drinks it takes, this is common knowledge of BAC(blood alcohol content) which means we all have a varied level to get drunk based on our sex and body mass. Of course the hard core drinkers with a slight build could have a tolerance from over many years of hard drinking. But seriously, would you want these drunks driving a bus or flying a jet with you and your loved ones? This young woman deserves "NO" sympathy for her actions, other than the full extent of the law.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments