Farrah Fawcett's Son Arrested on Jail Grounds

4/5/2009 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcetts sonWhile Farrah Fawcett is reportedly fighting for her life -- her 24-year-old son is now fighting two brand new drug charges.

Redmond O'Neal was arrested around 9:30 this morning in Castaic, California -- and here's the rub, he was on jail grounds at the time of his arrest.

According to cops, Redmond had just dropped off two friends at a detention center to visit a jailed buddy, when an officer stopped his car to perform a routine security check in the jail parking lot.

Authorities say when the cop came over to the car, Redmond informed the officer that he was in possession of narcotics.

Redmond was immediately searched and then arrested for possession of a controlled substance and bringing narcotics into a secured jail facility. We're told one of the substances was heroin.

Redmond is still behind bars -- his bail has been set at $25k.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Gia

Pretty sad. He's a lost soul. And with his mom being ill, he's even more messed up.

1971 days ago

Fonz

Perhaps Ryan should have been more concerned when Red was young. Nothing wrong with opening a can of whoop-ass when youngin's deserve it. As long as they deserve it, then they will appreciate it more when they are older and on a path to success.

1971 days ago

realitybaby

Not for nothing but why is it that RYAN O'NEAL'S KIDS HAVE DRUG PROBLEMS? ALL 3 OF THEM! MMMMM INTERESTING. And this kid - geez if he was mine he'd get some butt whipping for sure!

1971 days ago

Bettina Higgens

This really breaks my heart to know "what goes around comes around" only God will take care of this. He will not miss his mother until she is gone and then what? He will either bring himself together or go off the deep end knowing how he treated his mom and didn't help matters at all. WE ALL have to live with ourselves and this will be very hard for him to do if she passes. My prayers go out to him and his mother. I am a fan of hers and this is so sad but one cannot MAKE anyone do anything they don't want to do, however; there will be many heartaches and regrets when she is gone and he cannot see her or give her a BIG hug. She WILL BE MISSED. This is a very sorry situation and my prayers go out to the whole family. Especially her son. Thanks for the opportunity of expressing my feeling of this matter. TEX

1970 days ago

Michellem

All the O'Neal line are filth. His older brother killed Gio Coppola, he was on drugs, the girl is on drugs. What the hell is with these punks?

1969 days ago

Darlee

Another selfish self centered spoiled brat....its all about his wants and not one ounce for his mom or anyone else. You, who defended are cut from the same cloth! Shame on you for defending a loser.
He is old enough to be responsible for his actions. His own father didnt have enough respect to marry his mother..maybe he was the example he saw all his life..ya think?

1968 days ago

Gina

I am sorry...but this poor guy probably had a very neglected life...and I'm talking quality parental interaction and time. Both his parents were into drugs...and themselves. The media can make him out to be this monster kid...and I am sure he is spoiled materially...but what's probably missing in his life is love and guidelines...boundaries...and support. I feel sorry for him...seriously.

1968 days ago

Gina

1968 days ago

Tad

What a tragedy for all concerned. When is this guy going to hit the rock bottom everyone talks about? And poor Farrah. The poor gal is terminal and her stupid ass, selfish son can't stay clean until she goes? Hollywood is no place to bring up healthy, responsible kids. When will stars realize that they do their kids a huge disservice by not provide a more stable environment?

1967 days ago

NY Frosty

Redmond is a selfish and inconsiderate brat! How dare he do this to his own Mother while she's dying in the hospital?! What an Ass!! His father should definitely not bail him out!!

1966 days ago

mountainrose

It is sad but he is an adict and you cannot expect an adict to behanve as normal folks would. they do not operate on the same emotional, mental, or physical as you and I would. He needs to be pittied more than demeaned. He needs to hit bottom and cry out for help. Until that happens we can all make all sorts of judgements. His Dad was not a good example and who really knows about how things were as a kid or teen. All we see is the result of some very poor choices. I do say keep him locked up and make him take responsibility for his choices. I am sad his mom has anal cancer and is fighting for her life. I am sad her ex husband is not making good choices for himself and his son. But trust me this is not a hollywood problem or a problem for just the rich and famous. Everyone of us knows someone on drugs and we either sit and watch for self destruction or intervene the best we can. Be thankful this guy has not reproduced to put his kids thru this.

1966 days ago