Farrah Fawcett's Son Arrested on Jail Grounds

4/5/2009 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcetts sonWhile Farrah Fawcett is reportedly fighting for her life -- her 24-year-old son is now fighting two brand new drug charges.

Redmond O'Neal was arrested around 9:30 this morning in Castaic, California -- and here's the rub, he was on jail grounds at the time of his arrest.

According to cops, Redmond had just dropped off two friends at a detention center to visit a jailed buddy, when an officer stopped his car to perform a routine security check in the jail parking lot.

Authorities say when the cop came over to the car, Redmond informed the officer that he was in possession of narcotics.

Redmond was immediately searched and then arrested for possession of a controlled substance and bringing narcotics into a secured jail facility. We're told one of the substances was heroin.

Redmond is still behind bars -- his bail has been set at $25k.

Bonnie

Guy's a addict. Those who say he keeps making bad decisions are wrong. This jerk of a son lost the ability to make a decision. Sadly, it seems no one has gotten through to tell him that plainly, he's nuts.

Annette

The kid needs a long-term commitment to a facility. Involuntary commitment. Looong term.

And INNY - STFU. You're a moron. I hope you're sterile.

parishilton

I can't believe that Farrah is, apparently, close to death. She wasn't just a sex kitten, she is a smart and tough lady.

Kankles

#4, #4, #4 -- Shame on you! How dare you make such a comment. She is dying and she is a mother. And you want to talk about her "nips." You are such an ignorant ass! Shut your pie-hole. My God, what the hell is wrong with you?

Peace be with you Farrah!

And, Peace People!

SuzyCreamCheese

What a CLOWN!

Wow

I read on drudgereport.com that she is in bad shape and the family has gathered. All three of Ryan O'Neal's kids are messed up. Tatum had drug problems and her husband John McEnroe raised their kids, Griffin and Ryan regularly get in fist fights and are addicted to drugs, and Redmond is a train wreck. Sad.

Chris

My prayers go out to Farrah Fawcett. I love her so much. I can't believe that she is so ill. Everyone watch Farrah's "The Substitute Wife", "Between Two Women", "Small Sacrifices" and the "The Burning Bed". "Between Two Women" is my personal favorite. I think it's her best performance. She is a fine actress but never got the accolades that she deserved.

Melonie

All the O'Neal kids are pretty screwed up. So I am not surprised.

Inny

Pearl...

if you drink...

you're a hypocrite.

Nothing lower...

than a hypocrite.

In grade school...

you were voted most likely...

to conceive.

CD

i think its a given you will be screwed up if your father is ryan o'neal.
real classy to get arrested for drug possession while your mom is trying to fight cancer.
what an ass. like father, like son.

I said it

What the hell was he thinking???? His mom is in the hospital on her death bed and he's prowling around with friends!!! He should get time for lack of morals

magentapyramid

What a freakin' douchebag! I say - lock him up with Chris Beat Her Down!

pebbles

He is not really the smartest banana in the bunch, is he?

magentapyramid

Re: #13 - justsaying
Great analogy! "Police convention!" ROFLMFAO!!!!

Vicky

Such a sad situation while his mom is in the hospital. This poor kid just never got a fair shake at a good, clean life. Even as his mom lay, possibly, on her death bed, he is being irresponsible. I hope, this time around, he will learn a very good/hard lesson. I feel for Farrah, bigtime.