Farrah Fawcett's Son Arrested on Jail Grounds

4/5/2009 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcetts sonWhile Farrah Fawcett is reportedly fighting for her life -- her 24-year-old son is now fighting two brand new drug charges.

Redmond O'Neal was arrested around 9:30 this morning in Castaic, California -- and here's the rub, he was on jail grounds at the time of his arrest.

According to cops, Redmond had just dropped off two friends at a detention center to visit a jailed buddy, when an officer stopped his car to perform a routine security check in the jail parking lot.

Authorities say when the cop came over to the car, Redmond informed the officer that he was in possession of narcotics.

Redmond was immediately searched and then arrested for possession of a controlled substance and bringing narcotics into a secured jail facility. We're told one of the substances was heroin.

Redmond is still behind bars -- his bail has been set at $25k.

John

This is really sad, Farrah is figting for her life, and her ignorant son is arrested for drugs again...on jail grounds! What an idiot!

mistysmom

This kid being a drug addict has nothing to do with his mothers illness. He was on heroin 5 years ago long before she was sick.I guess the poo never falls very far from the dogs butt.

Bo

Ok what kind of Fing idiot is he. His mom is sick - he has been in rehab numerous times - his mom is in the hospital - and he is busted this morning. All of his brothers and sister have been in rehab for numerous times so Ryan O'Neal should be made to be neutered He should never have children

Bo

BTW news of Farrahs demise are greatly exagerated. I have friends that know her and she is expected to be released from the hospital this week

Sharona

When I was in Jr. High, Charlie's Angels was my favorite show. My girlfriends and I would gather at each other's homes, and we all wanted to look like Farrah. We all had "the Farrah" - tons of hair spray and curling irons!

I'm very sad that she is leaving us; she fought the good fight. I pray she goes in peace, not knowing what a loser her son is.

God bless.

Cola Guy

This is just awful, it seems each of Ryan's children has or has had a substance abuse problem. Tough love should have been implemented long ago, I know that is easier said than done. Farrah seems to be the rock in this family and it is tragic that that Redmond's arrest occurred while she is in the hospital and extremely ill. My prayers are with you & I wish you Godspeed. I will never forget being in 6th grade and proudly having your poster in my locker. You also appeared on The Phil Donahue show when I was in the hospital when I had my appendix out and I actually tried to call you to come see me.

Lady M

God Forgive Them All. This family has had to deal with fame. Not just a little fame, but worldwide fame. Who knows what other burdens they have carried. None of us know what the other person is dealing with. But one thing is certain, we all have things in our lives that we are not particularly proud of. These people have had to deal with these things in public. Yes, they have made terrible mistakes. I do not condone the things they have done, however, I think that the negative comments which have been made here do not serve to make things better. Perhaps we should cut them a little slack! All I am saying is if you are a person who prays, please pray for all of them rather than continue to beat them down with harsh comments. "Let you who is without sin cast the first stone."

Lanie

Are we sure that Farrah is on her "death bed"? I think I am a little confused on how bad her condition is.

FiBiker

looks like wasted douche....

let him o.d. and lets clean up this planet.

Elaine 27

Some of the papers are reporting that she is in hospice care. If this is the case, she may be nearing the end. When the patient is sent to hospice care, that means there is nothing else that can be done. Normally when you are sent to hospice care, you are sent there to die. Some people chose to do the hospice care at home, because they prefer to die at home. I hope that she is not suffering great pain. I pray that the Lord will touch her son's heart and and comfort him, because obviously he is hurting about his mother's health and does not know how to handle the stress in a positive way. I do hope that he will get the necessary rehab to deal with his drug problem. His mother's death may just be the triger that will jolt him back to his senses.

yowza

WOW, so many evil haters here. Do not a judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Everyone has a story. Everyone is fighting a battle in their lives, why can't we practice tolerance, sensitivity and understanding. Redmond must be fighting some dreadful demons to continually be in the mess he is. Can't imagine what it was like for him growing up in that family. This kid needs serious help, he does not need such evil, unjustified hatred. My prayers go out to not only Farrah but Redmond too.

yowza

You all must lead perfect, saintly lives, so many ignorant comments. It's obvious this kid is suffering some extreme emotional hardships and keeps turning to drugs and alcohol to numb his pain. He needs help not judgmental, finger-pointing, stone-throwing barbaric hatred from people who know absolutely nothing about him. Take a good long look at yourself in the mirror before you spew such evil words.

yowza

His parents are to blame. My prayers go out to Farrah but it is well known that both her and Ryan abused drugs big-time. That's all Redmond knows, he was surrounded by it his whole life, no wonder the kid is messed up. The whole family needs serious intervention, very sad really.

gwen

I feel bad for this young man..another example of money can't buy happiness. I honestly think that he was overindulged in order to perhaps not notice that he really didn't have involved parents. These children of celebrities all start out like the average baby but a high percentage of celebrity kids are out of control. Redman was torn between Farrah, Ryan and his 1/2 siblings..I don't believe he has ever had anyone to go to and it is a fact that Ryan smoked up with Tatum so now he has moved up to a heavier drug and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan got his son turned on to this or at the very least did drugs with him. Can't you parents in hollywood either stop having babies if your going to parade them around when there little and cute and then cut them loose when they get older and the photo ops aren't quite as endearing. Redmond is now going to always remember that the last days he should have spent with his mom he was in jail. This is Ryan and Farrah's fault but Redmond will never know that...

helena handbasket

This loser bastard is a HOPELESS drug addict. There aren't many you can say are TRULY HOPELESS, but after 25-30 stabs at inpatient rehab... it's time to throw in the towel. He's a walking, talking testimony for why abortion should remain legal. He's nothing but a crybaby whiner blubbering at every opportunity about how awful his childhood was.... well BOO-FREAKIN'-HOO, Redmond! You don't even know what a TOUGH LIFE is. Raised in a Malibu mansion with a silver spoon in your mouth (and a silver straw up your nose!), you'll get no sympathy from us. You had advantages, opportunities, industry connections -- even an acting pedigree-- that could have catapulted you to superstardom but you PISSED IT ALL AWAY. The best thing you could do for yourself and everyone else (including innocent pedestrians and motorists you put at risk when you're behind the wheel of your BMW) would be to O'D'. Do it.