Rihanna -- Party Over Here, Party Over There

4/5/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna found another way to take her mind off tomorrow's big court case -- by taking the "Gettin' Over Chris Brown" party train to Barbados.

It's unclear why Ri is rockin' an old Ethiopian flag ... or hangin' on the shoulder of the Prime Minister of Barbados ... but we're told she's back in her homeland because she wants to "be as far away from [the Chris Brown] case as possible."

Plus, the weather ain't too bad either!

brown

that's not just an old Ethiopian flag... it's a Rastafarian flag; which is still widely used by many rastafarians throughout the Caribbean, mostly in Jamaica, where the great Bob Marley & Peter Tosh were from. My Jamaican friend and guide is a pure true rasta and has many of those flags and photo of the old Emperor Selassie I of Ethiopia.

To many artists, it is also a form of fashion, such as dread locks, and wearing rasta colors accessories and jewelries and the like.

Yes I, Jah Rastafari

josi

WHATS UP WITH HER?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! SHE IS SO STUPID AND ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD SHE BE PARTYING INSTEAD OF STANDING UP FOR BEATEN WOMEN!!!!!!!!!
I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE CHRIS BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU 2 SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F-ERS

musiclvr

What's with all the stupid comments in here??? The post has TMZ saying its an Ethiopian flag. The guy in the pic is the prime minister of Barbados and Rihanna is doing what you guys want and that's to stay away from Chris. What do you want her to do? Be a hermit and not fun and go back to Chris. She's frickin 21 years old. That's your typical party age. She even said she's just a normal girl. Being a entertainer is her job, but at the end of the day, she's a regular person. After reading all these ignorant, hateful and disgusting comments on here, I can see why the rest of the world hates America.

skhg

She's disgusting.

Wayne

I told you guys, you don't get over somebody like that. Now she is home trying her damnest to forget about him but this case keeps following her around. She is in love with that boy regardless of what people think "taking a break" excellent PR.

Venom

Such a pretty baby.
Dumb as a box of rocks, but a pretty baby nonetheless.

Guess Who?

Translation: She wants to be as far away from reality as possible. What a lesson she's teaching her young fans. Run and hide when trouble erupts. More importantly, stay beautiful. She really needs an education because her 15 minutes are up.

whatever

that is an awful out fit and ugly pose.. she is really wack these is days..nothing edgy here and those shades at night????no wonder that dude in the background has that puzzled look on face. disturbia for real.. chris you better leave this nuthouse fast....there is nothing worth your while to hang in on this one..cut your tiea fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flavike

Reason she is rocking the flag is cos she was at a Reggae show. duhhhhhhh

1994 days ago

tmz should be close down

to rihannafacts,cin.... no ones saying that he aint barbados prime minister yes he is BUT WHAT HAD ME PISS WAS WHEN TMZ SAID ITS OUR FLAG THAT AINT WE FLAG.... YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU WERE INTELLIGENT ENOUGH

ENOUGH SAID....
BY THE WAY I DON'T CARE IF YOU REPLY BECAUSE YOUR COMMENT MEANS NOTHING TO ME

READ YOUR BOOKS FIRST

brown

To "rihannafacts,cin" There are NO stupids comments in here that warrants you saying that ppl hate americans. i'm no american, but I can tell you that the Original POST by TMZ wasn't saying Ethiopian flag, it was saying Barbados flag, which is truely wrong. the only stupid comment here is yours. A woman shouldn't run away from problems, but face them!

uhHuh

WHITNEY THOUGHT SHE WAS CUTE TOO.....

CAREER OVER STUPID!! INSTEAD OF CLUBBIN & RASTA YOU SHOULD BE MAKING A POSTIVE STAND FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. (COULD'VE REALLY BOOSTED YOUR CAREER INSTEAD YOU DEFLATED IT)
THANK YOU KEIRA KNIGHTLY FOR STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE-YOU'RE A TALENTED & BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING..NOT PHONY OR SELF INDULGED (RIRI).

BOYCOTT.

Noodles

Omg,, lets guess why shes always out and aboutt,, cus she doesnt want to get off the newspapers, tmz, internet. Stupid Hoe

loving RiRi

SHUDDUP WITH ALL THE "STANDING UP FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE" BS. LOOK AT HOW MANY OTHER CELEBS ARE BEATING OR HIT BY THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS AND WE HAVEN'T SEEN THEM TAKING A STAND AGAINST IT!!!! SO YALL DON'T FEED US THAT LAME BS...RI IS DOING WHAT WE ALL WANTED HER TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE--GET AWAY FROM THE SITUATION AND CB--AND SHE'S DOING THAT. YALL ARE A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!! IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE THEN DON'T BRING YALL LAME AZZES IN HERE!!! LOVE YOU RIRI!!!

Kankles

Ri is pathetic! Pure and simple! I look at her and see she is a very
insecure and sad young woman. I am not a hater, quite to the contrary; but I don't feel sorry for her though. Not in the least; at this point. After her going back to him. She needs counseling, as well. If
it does not happen (being hit) by Brown, it will happen again with
someone else in her future. How sad. But, read on, as you will see, I
have been there. And I have a platform and I hope all men and women
out there will see that there is strength in numbers........

I was a young woman in my 20's and I was beaten for simply doing
nothing. I was sitting next to him and he just went nuts., broke my
jaw in four places and left me on the floor. I am from an upper
middle class environment and let me assure you, it happens to men and
women in all classes. For those of you who say that she deserved to
be
hit because she attacked him; wrong! Chris Brown should have picked
up the phone and called the police for being hit. Men get beaten by
women too. Ri is a very stupid young girl. Her silence speaks volumns
about weakness and not taking this matter seriously. She has the
perfect platform to speak out with her celebrity. Her PR people
should be fired for not pushing her in that direction. Damage control
is not their forte. Her heart is ahead of her head. I will no longer
support her, and she deserves to have her career stilted. Boycott her
records; as well as Brown's. Don't go to the concerts either. Write
to Cover Girl and ask them to pull her ads. I have. If she will not
speak up on behalf of all women, and men, who have been beaten; then
all of us should do so by boycotting. Show the world that there are
men and women ou tthere who will speak out against such violence. It
seems apparent that she lives in a dream world of denial.

This is not a black or a white issue. It is a violence issue. STOP
THE VIOLENCE! There is enough hate in this world. All we need is
love (the Beatles had it right) and care about each other.
BOYCOTT!!!!!! Those of you who continue to support Ri and Brown are
just as bad as they are. You are supporting violence. STOP!!!!!
BOYCOTT!!!! AND LEARN TO LOVE!

AND TMZ -- FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. YOU ARE CONSISTENTLY MAKING ERRORS. HAVE YOUR REPORTERS DO THEIR RESEARCH. HARVEY, I THINK YOU NEED TO BE ON TOP OF THIS STUFF. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? IT IS AN INSULT TO THE PEOPLE OF BARBADOS. NEVER "ASSUME" ANYTHING. TEACH YOUR YOUNG REPORTERS HOW TO RESEARCH; WILL YOU PLEASE?

Peace People!