TV Choreographer Accused of Multiple Rapes

4/5/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alex Da SilvaAlex Da Silva, one of the choreographers from "So You Think You Can Dance," was arrested on Saturday for alleged sexual assaults on four of his dancing students.

Police say Da Silva lured the victims to his homes in North Hollywood and Van Nuys, CA from May 2003 to March 2009.

The LAPD believes there may be more victims.

Da Silva's bail has been set at $3.8 million.

Rod

HEY I JUST BOUGHT A CAR FROM HIM.... NOT HACKED TOGETHER. AND DID HE STEAL FROM YOU....... SOMEONE SOUNDS BITTER... NOT GONNA NAME ANYONE #59

david

everyone is entitle to their opinion me my self i been in the clubs hes been im not a fan and even had a girlfriend who liked .him he does not deserve this if he dint do it .. what if he was your friend ? people here post stupid things out of context i hope this never happen to anyone you know.

FLAKEY WHITE STUFF

Men like this should be castrated.

The USA needs to castrate sex offenders...

We give the death penalty for murder, why not castration for rape?

Patricia

Gee, the guy hasn't even been to found guilty yet and yet he is being called all sorts of names. Let's wait until the case has been reviewed and the judge can determine if it is true. Put yourself in his shoes - wouldn't you want to be given the same opportunity to clear your name (if it false.) If it is true, then he's already paying for his behavior. He will never be looked at iin the same light and he will feel the consequences of his stupid action. What a bummer!!! I really enjoyed watching him dance. i thought he was married to his beautiful partner. I'm not shocked anymore!

Nonya

This is my side of the story....I've met Alex and taken lessons with him and I've been alone with him at his home and yes I've seen his bedroom. We did not have any physical contact other than the common friendly hello hug and kiss. He never once disrespect or touch me in any inappropriate way, he did express that he was interested in me but he didn't push it either. I can honestly say that when I told him I was only looking for a friendship he completely understood and remained a gentlemen. I'm just wondering why no one came forward before and why suddenly now that he is becoming somewhat of a celebrity or at least well known these women decide it's time? Why would they all just allow him to get away with something so horrible if they knew others could get hurt? It doesn't make sense...you're telling me hundreds of women just put it in the back of their heads for years and years because of shame and fear? I wanna have a little more faith in our police system cause I also heard that incidents were previously reported but not looked into...I find that sooo hard to believe. In any case I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe he's guilty maybe he's not....I just thought I'd share my experience and I will pray for everyone involved and just ask that the truth come out and that justice be done whatever that may be.

MICHELLE PRDDY

ALEX DA SILVA IS INNOCENT. I TRAINED WITH HIM SINCE I WAS 11 YRS OLD AND HE HAS NEVER ONCED DISRESPECTED ME OR MY FELLO SALSERAS. HE MAKES A LOT OF MONEY AND I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO TAKE IT FROM HIM. THE SALSA SCENE IS A VERY SMALL & EVERYBODY KNOWS EACH OTHERS BUSINESS. THIS WOULD'VE CAME OUT A LONG TIME AGO IF IT WAS TRUE.

Friend of Alex

I took Salsa Dance lessons from Alex DeSilva at the old Chandler Blvd Dance Studios and at Madilyn Clark Studios on Burbank Blvd in NoHo in 1999/2001. Great salsa dance instructor. My daughter started taking lessons from him about a month later when she was 14 and within six months, she became his dancing assistant. She made her first big music videos with the Artist Maraca as lead dancer with Alex when she was 15 years old. I put all my trust in him that he would make her into a great dancer and he did. Her only complaint with him was that he was to rough on her, but I think that was how he made her into that perfect dancer she became. My daughter would have told me or her mom if Alex did sometime to her. Before you go and convict him, we should wait to hear the evidence against him.

MVR

I'm sure Alex is a nice guy, good friend and a great dancer, but this doesn't mean he wasn't capable of doing the things he is accused of.

I highly doubt that four women cooked up a plan to get him on rape charges just because he didn't give them free salsa classes or didn't get them drinks on the house!!! Give me a break!!! If these allegations of rape are being brought up against him its probably because he did do something wrong. But not to worry eventually 12 people will decide that fate of Alex Da Silva!

Oh, and for those of you who say that Alex doesn't look like the type of guy that would do this….exactly, what does a rapist look like?
People said Ted Bundy was an attractive, intelligent, and confident guy with a possible bright future in politics and we all know what he turn out to be…a serial killer! So think again, don't be so deceived by peoples good looks or charming personalities!

Friend of Alex

Lolita01

He's a pig. He almost did that to me! I hope he gets what he deserves.

Friend of Alex

Someone has it out for this good man....just remember people...this is America and you are innocent until proven guilty. Do you really think he would risk his career and reputation and have it all blown away for one night stand. I have a lot of respect for Alex, he taught me and my daughter Salsa. My daughter was his dance partner when she was 15.

Lisa

I stopped going to the salsa clubs because I got tired of fighting off all the salsa perverts. I LOVE salsa dancing but unfortunately the salsa "community" is a magnet for sleezy guys either looking for trashy women or naive young women. YOU PARENTS WHO SEND YOUR YOUNG GIRLS TO SALSA LESSONS AND CLUBS WHERE ALL THESE PERVS HANG OUT ARE OUT of YOUR F***ing minds!!!!!!!!!!!!

david

yes if he did do this things he is accused of he should get punish hard especially since people trust him but dont judge the rest of the people that are having fun . and are good people . just really weird after all this time now you talk about what he did in the 90s.

Imaginary friend

In prison they call it, "So you think you can Prance". Also the "Dancing with the Inmates" competition starts out with the Quickstep and ends with a Slow Dance.

justasking

To those who said they knew the buzzard and the ones who had not been sexually molested/assaulted/whatever: Maybe He's not just that into YOU...xoxo

1993 days ago