Chris Brown Pleads Not Guilty

4/6/2009 7:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has just pled not guilty to two felonies -- assault and making criminal threats.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
With ex girlfriend Rihanna nowhere in sight, Brown showed up at L.A. County criminal courthouse to face the music for allegedly beating the crap out of her back in February.

Sources inside the courtroom say Chris' mom spent the entire preliminary hearing either in tears or praying for her 19-year-old son. We're told a handful of Chris' friends and four bodyguards were also there to show support.

Brown is due back in court on April 29.

tellyouwhatithink

How can he be innocent? What? Does he want us to believe the gangsta fairy appeared in the car with him and Rhianna and beat her up?

QE2

I do not understand why these people couldn't come up with a plea agreement in the extra thirty days. Such a waste of tax payer money.

sash

DOWN WITH CHRIS BROWN

Madonna

DA BYTCH BEGGED FOR IT, AND CHRIS BROWN IS A GIVING MAN

kat

WHOEVER BELIEVES RIHANNA OR SHOULD I SAY ROBYN IS F'ING FOOLISH, WHILE CHRIS HAS TO "FACE THE MUSIC" THAT BIG FOREHEADED, MICHEALE JACKSON LOOK-A-LIKE IS OUT PARTYING. SHE DOESNT SEEM TOO UPSET. I HATE HER SO MUCH IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL. SHE AINT THE INNOCENT ONE PEOPLE. GOOD LUCK CHRIS.

Wow

Chris Brown would garner a lot more respect if he would be a man and own up to what he did. I know he's a little guy scared to death of the guys in jail who would no doubt beat him up because of what he did to Rihanna, but he owes it to her to admit it and be real.

lilbuck

To all the women who support this bozo, I hope all of you get slapped around by your boyfriends or husbands

Reggie

Chris got himself a horrible attorney, I see. Can't even get a plea deal to stop the bleeding of his image already. Sad. Everyone's like WTF@ "not guilty" LMAO!!! Um, OK, Chris. I hope the rest of those pics leak to just doom him for being SO DUMB & PUTTING US THROUGH ANOTHER MONTH OF THIS CRAP!!!!

Garret

An ironic twist would be if he did time and it was in the jail his father is a gaurd in. ROFLMAO

WASTE

He makes me sick now to look at him, with his I'M NOT GUILTY, how the heck can he say that when we all saw the picture. I'm sure she didn't punch herself. I'M TIRED OF THE BOTH OF THEM and I don't think I'm going to support either until I see that he and she have to go to somekind of classes to get help, both of them. If he walks, and she does not talk, I'm done with them both. Spoiled rotten and too much too soon.

Diana Lara

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I KNOW SOMEONE WHO SLAPPED HIS WIFE, THAT IS IT AND HE GOT 120 DAYS IN JAIL.
NOT INCLUDING THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CLASSES HE WILL HAVE TO TAKE AND WHO KNOWS ALL WHAT ELSE.
THIS CHRIS BROWN JERK, SHOULD NOT BE ANY DIFFERENT HE SHOULD HAVE TO DO AT LEAST A YEAR IN JAIL,
FOR THE INJURIES SHE SUSTAINED. I HOPE THE LAW DOES WHAT THEY SHOULD DO.

gary

If his name were Chris White he'd be off scott free. Nothing but racist profiling.

lost in lalaland

Is there a reason that all the people here that support Chris Brown seem to have no spelling, puncuation or ANY grammer and/or English skills at all? Hmmmmm, what could the connection be there..? Anyone? Anyone? I-N-T-E-L-L-E-G-E-N-C-E! Or lack thereof.

robson

typical celeb gets off...nuttin' aint happening to this tosser....he's a celeb they can do no wrong most people would spend some time in jail...money talks welcome to hollywood....pathedic...he ranks up there with pedo's they get nuttin' either...As far a riri goes must be nice letting all your young fans think it's ok to let someone kick the sh*t outta yah...nice job..overpaid morons is what most celebs are

WASTE

Chris Brown hit her people, did you not see the picture, lets get real, the man needs help.................................................
She needs help also, both of them need to work on themselves before music. Chris has anger issues or he would have stepped back, and not hit the stuffing out of her. Plus, I'm sure she is not so innocent in this, BUT CHIRS IS STILL THE ONE WHO SHOULD HAVE BACKED OFF being the man, sorry but that is life, HE'LL GET CELEBRITY JUSTICE, nothing, not a dam thing, so he can go do it again.