Chris Brown Pleads Not Guilty

4/6/2009 7:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has just pled not guilty to two felonies -- assault and making criminal threats.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
With ex girlfriend Rihanna nowhere in sight, Brown showed up at L.A. County criminal courthouse to face the music for allegedly beating the crap out of her back in February.

Sources inside the courtroom say Chris' mom spent the entire preliminary hearing either in tears or praying for her 19-year-old son. We're told a handful of Chris' friends and four bodyguards were also there to show support.

Brown is due back in court on April 29.

hate her

WHEN DID 2 PERFECTLY DIAGONAL BRUISES ON BOTH SIDES OF YOUR FOREHEAD AND A BUSTED LIP CONSTITUTE BEING BEATEN TO A PULP?

2. HOW WAS A PERSON WHO WAS "ALLEGEDLY" BEATEN TO A PULP NOT ADMITTED INTO THE HOSPITAL, THEY WERE SEEN AS AN OUTPATIENT AND RELEASED A FEW HOURS LATER? THEY GAVE HER A BAND-AID AND A KICK OUT THE DOOR.

3. HOW WAS A PERSON WHO WAS "ALLEGEDLY" PUNCHED IN THE FACE OVER AND OVER NOT HAVE ANY BROKEN BONES, NO BROKEN TEETH, NO SWOLLEN JAW, NO EYES PLASTERED TOGETHER, NO BLACK AND BLUE MARKS? (LIKE THE SHAM WOW VICTIM I MUST ADD)

4. (AND YOU ALL KNOW THAT I LOVE THIS ONE) HOW IN THE HELL, AFTER A PERSON HAS "ALLEGEDLY" PUSHED YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WINDOW AND PUNCHED YOU REPEATEDLY, DO YOU GET THE NERVE TO SIT ON THE KEYS? EVEN AFTER THEY'VE "ALLEGEDLY" GOT YOU IN THE HEADLOCK AND SUPPOSEDLY CUT OFF YOUR AIR SUPPLY YOU ARE STILL COHERENT ENOUGH TO REMAIN SEATED ON THOSE KEYS?

HE PLEADED NOT GUILTY BECAUSE HE IS NOT GUILTY!!! SHE KNOWS IT AND SHE KNOWS THAT IF THIS GOES TO TRIAL HER MESS IS COMING OUT IN A BIG WAY!!!

JUST WAIT AND SEE ALL OF THE MESS THAT YOUR LITTLE VICTIM IS IN TO: FROM HITTING HER BROTHER OVER THE HEAD WITH THE BOTTLE, TO SLAPPING CHRIS ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS IN PUBLIC TO SMOKING WEED: I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW STUPID YOU ALL LOOK:

OF COURSE SHE WANTS IT OVER WITH, SO HER LITTLE MESS CAN REMAIN HIDDEN!!! YOU IDIOTS ARE SUCH FOOLS.

foolish girl

This case needs to end soon. It is a waste of tax dollars and time. The media should have never played Rihanna as a domestic violence victim because it takes away from the real women who are being abused.
Common sense can tell you that they BOTH were fighting each other with Rihanna the one hitting him first. What woman wouldn't lose her temper after reading a text message on your boyfriend's phone from another hoochie? The fact is what woman would just pick up her boyfriend's phone anyway? I am married and don't answer my husband's cellphone. So something was going on way before this incident to have Rihanna suspicious. When I was Rihanna's age I did answer my boyfriend phone and read his text because I was a very jealous, controlling and verbally abusive girlfriend and my boyfriend was cheating on me. It is sad that people can't see she lied about the incident but you can read through the lies on the report for yourself. If you are being beaten by a man wouldn't you just run out of the car screaming for help and bang on someone door to help you? I wouldn't need a man to try to push me out of the car because I would have gotten out myself. Instead she takes the keys out of the ignition so he can't leave. He was trying to get her out of the car before he lost his temper and hit her because she was hitting him and when she took the keys he hit her and they began to fight each other. He was angry because she wouldn't get out of the car and she was angry that he was trying to push her out of the car. She didn't scream for help she was screaming at him for leaving her in the car. Chris eventually was the one to leave the car. If I was being beaten like that I would have been out of the car in a flash and on the phone with my security team to come pick me up. Rihanna does not want the truth out about that night to come out because her career is already in jeopardy and she can get in trouble for lying to the police. In the beginning she did not want to tell the police what caused the fight because she had to get her lie straight. She knew her hitting him was the cause after she read the text. Women need to stop hitting on men and crying for the police when the men hit them back. Because you are wasting the police time when they can be out helping someone in a real crisis. I like Rihanna and Chris but from the beginning I knew something about her story was not right. The truth is slowly coming out. They both need anger management classes and a break from each other. They are both young and can learn and grow from this terrible incident. I love them both and wish them the best and the moral of the story is everyone needs to keep their hands to themselves especially women knowing what kind of damage a man can inflict on us.

Mdolla

When is this guy going to go away??

maya

@ JUSTICE FOR CHRIS F******G BROWN (u're at it again so here we go again)
Seeing that u obviously don’t give up, here’s an answer for u.
Are u a battered woman urself? Have u been assaulted before? If no then how the hell can u know the answer for ur own question. I don’t know why she sat on the keys. U don’t know y she sat on the keys. Nobody knows even IF she sat on the keys or if she threw them out or if she stuffed them in his face. NOBODY KNOWS. Everyone is throwing in crap to what happened that night and nothing has been proven.

And don’t talk about how real battered women look like. Sure there are levels of violence but u cannot tell me that she was not battered. So is there in your opinion a certain level of bashing u need to endure and certain number of bruises u need to show before u’re classified as battered? Violence is violence. The extent of it determines the degree of punishment but it sure as hell does not mean it was not violence. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE BROKEN TEETH OR NOSE DOES NOT MEAN U WERE NOT ASSAULTED. AND FYI THE BLACK AND BLUE MARKS DON'T SHOW ONE HOUR AFTER THE BEAT DOWN. THEY SHOW THE DAY AFTER. SO YOU BETTER HOPE TO GOD FOR YOUR IDOL'S SAKE THAT THOSE PICTURES AREN'T SURFACED.

"I'M SO PROUD OF CHRIS FOR STANDING UP FOR HIMSELF AND PROVING TO THE WORLD AND ALL OF THESE RACIST BIGOTS WHO NEVER HEARD OF CHRIS BROWN BEFORE THIS INCIDENT THAT HE IS NOT WHAT THEY PORTRAY HIM TO BE!!!"

OMG u made me crack up with this one. he pleaded not guilty u idiot becoz if he pleaded guilty his ass would be in jail right now for 5 years. he is not man enough to admit he did it. i mean did u watch how he said it in the video. he whispered 'not guilty' like the little girl that he is. u claim he is NOT GUILTY. let me ask u this. who hit her to cause the bruises? simple question needing a simple answer. don't go on telling me who started what and past family history. just answer the question. who caused her face to look like it did.

and i see you have gotten more creative with ur stupid excuses. she smokes weed now. hehe
slapped him publicly on numerous occassions. can u tell me where u saw them? plz stop posting garbage
she hit her brother with a bottle. OMG. this is horrendous. maybe we should also mention that chris said in an interview that while growing up and seeing his stepdad beat up his mom, he thought about getting a weapon and killing him. on ur assumptions, we should make him a serial killer too.

GROW UP U FOOL! FACE THE UGLY TRUTH! U CAN TRY TO COME UP WITH AS MUCH CRAP AS U WANT BUT IN THE END IT'S STILL CRAP. HE BEAT HER DOWN. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH. JUST BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TAKE IT TO TRIAL DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN OR THAT SHE IS THE ABUSER BECAUSE IF SHE WAS BELIEVE ME, CHARGES WOULD HAVE BEEN PUT ON HER. STOP TWISTING FACTS.

Get A Grip

#75 Tired ~ I fully agree with your view of the situation. I could not have said it better myself. It was a mutually combative situation and Rihanna played a big part in the initial confrontation. She is young and from some reports of close friends and associates was very controlling and jealous. I agree they need to be apart and move on. They both need counseling to deal with relationship issues. I work in the legal field and you see these types of cases all the time. In the past, usually only one person would be charged. Now, in some cases both parties are charged as mutually combative situations, meaning both parties played a part in assaulting one another and BOTH parties are charged. In any event, I read the police detective's affidavit and it doesn't add up somehow.

bonemaster3

I’m totally straight and only like women, but for him to be a guy Chris Brown is so damn pretty (pink full lips, smooth vanilla skin, dark sexy eyes, sweet round ass) I’d stick my d*ck deep up his ass and f*ck his brains out, and then come back for more. I’m sure that most guys, if they were to tell the truth, would want to do the same to him as long as no body found out.
However, I do feel sorry for him if he goes to jail. He’s better looking than a lot of females and will make some dude in the slammer very happy every night when the lights are cut out. I bet his butt-crack and a**hole is as pretty, tight and wet as a p*ssy. Or it will be when they get through with him.

Get A Grip

Keep your head up Chris Brown. You have a lot of people who still support you! You career is far from over believe me. You need to leave that hot mess Rihanna and get with an American Girl.

Get A Grip

Hey #79 Bonemaster 3 (WTF) Yeah right you are straight and only like women. I can see the drool all over your keyboard. It took some messed up mental thoughts to think of that comment. Just admit what you really are a troll.

lashaba19

to all chris brown haters ha ha ha ahaha......suckers

jessemosslover

Correction TMZ, they arent broken up. Their ppl just dont want them to be seen together right now, hence the reason why she's in barbados and he's still in the states/

lil_gala

Chris Brown's career is sooo over: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKL5GcCwLmA

Bear

Umm...GUILTY...Jail buddy. Sorry. Ri is ho-ing round town though, isn't she? Hope the cops do their job and press charges b/c Ri won't. So don't matter. See Ya!

loving RiRi

OMG #79!!! I would hate for some guy to do that to Chris. However, he is young and although what he did was an adult offense, I will not crucify the brother. He can take this life lesson and learn from it. If he and Rihanna ARE still an item, then both of them need couples counceling. I'll keep praying for both of them. But I will always support RiRi--in fact she is really nice. I TWITTERED HER, AND SHE RESPONDED. She's still in Barbados. Keep your head up Chris.

Bear

# 83 - I concur. Good-bye loozerzz...

TANI188

Comment to "bonemaster3" You say you are straight, "You only like women" I doubt that very much... I think it's time for you to come out of the closet... There's nothing wrong with you being gay. But there is something very wrong with you living on the "DOWN LOW!"