State A.G. to Howard K. - Don't Bitch Slap Me!

4/8/2009 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

play audioCalifornia Attorney General Jerry Brown played defense on Tuesday after Howard K. Stern's court hearing in the Anna Nicole Smith drug case, insisting he didn't abuse his power by gunning for H.K.S.

Stern's lawyer, Steve Sadow, lashed out at Brown, essentially calling him a demagogue who was aching to win the next Governor's race, using Stern as his stepping stone.

Brown said there was nothing wrong with devoting a boatload of money and resources to investigating Stern and Anna's two docs. He didn't exactly answer our question -- Would he have devoted the same resources if Anna Nicole wasn't the "victim?"

Howard learned to lie from his mom

McCabe has known for some time that Wood could not be personally present 5-8-09 in Houston. Yet McCabe filed a Second Motion for Contempt against Wood, that would call for a full evidentiary Hearing with Wood present along with a Lawyer representing him for 5-8-09.
Wood is not objecting to any other business of the Court currently slated for 5-8-09.
McCabe refuses to alter his Notice of Hearing for Wood's contempt after being contacted by Wood's Office. Wood is demanding his due process rights (to be present with a lawyer for such a Hearing regarding contempt), points out that McCabe's Second Motion is basically identical to his first one, now withdrawn, and as such is a violation of the Wood-McCabe Rule 11 agreement and further adds that Lindsay can't hear such a Motion anyway, only Judge Underwood could.
It's no longer the McCabe-Lindsay playpen in Houston here. Step up Judge Lindsay and begin your rehabilitation.
Posted at 6:06PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

Well golly gee whiz, I guess the entire Texas Judical System should come to a screeching halt cause Lin Wood can't seem to find the time in his busy schedule to show up in Texas for any Hearings.

That McCabe sure is a cantankerous dude not working on Woody's time table.

Adub

819. 802. Wood demands Emergency Hearing with Judge Lindsay for today or tomorrow by teleconference.
Posted at 6:06PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

I am really getting tired of this. McC is making an *ss of himself, imo. He does seem to keep coming up with "brilliant" plans though. Withdraw and refile in the some bloody breath. Where have we seen that before? I say let let's get on with the lawsuit. Thanks for your continued input.

Howard learned to lie from his mom

Posted at 8:50PM on May 6th 2009 by Adub

How is that brown nose of yours?

Howard Supporter

Remember when:

Back in the day during the federal lawsuit, this was Mc strategy--inundate the courts in Tyler and Houston with masses of electronic filings. It was pure harassment of the bloggers and it went on and on after deadlines were imposed and the court's patience was tried. Media was involved in that attempt to add bloggers to the case. All for naught. I recall writing a gazillion posts about Mc clogging the court pipeline with senseless demands from bloggers--back then it was RT, LH and BF--then he dropped LH--then he reinstated her. AH and HL were part of that attempt. Same crap--the Stepbrother Story and AH was added as 'a friend' of HKS. Amended petitions, pushing the statute of limitations on the TMZ article; all combined with ET and Mommie Dearest videotape.

What a mishmash of allegations and lies. Trumped up nonsense from QV and doc ument after doc ument --all that crap still sitting on my computer.

Same thing going on again. I also remember writing a gazillion posts about the convoluted reasoning of all the claims he was making; we were treated to ET and Mommie Dearest, The Stepbrother Story, RT and BS---and on and on it went.

Until Judge Rosenthal issued her ruling dening the bloggers' case.

Here we go again. I don't have the latest docs--the court has issued NOTHING on it's website. ZERO.

Did McCabe formally withdraw his original motion for sanctions? I don't seem to have that doc. I know they discussed that in the letter agreeing to both withdrawals.

I suppose we had it really good for three months at the LB/HKS Reunited thread--nobody bothered to read it or gave a darn what we wrote. But that is TMZ policy--freeze the thread after 90 days.

Howard Supporter

Then he withdraws the case Jan. 29, 2009 in order to conspire with RT a DEFENDANT without a lawyer then--to instigate Third-Party Gate to add CBS, LB and AH (the last two already named as so-called defendants and never having had special appearances.

He's crazy--that's the long and the short of it. Take this case and shove it.

Only swim in the Ocean

Posted at 8:50PM on May 6th 2009 by Adub
*****
Thank you, Adub and I agree. I suppose we'll find out quickly if Lindsay is going to continue to hear only Plaintiff Motions or not. Heavens knows most of the defendants, actual and named alike, want to move the case along.

Only swim in the Ocean

...

Posted at 9:06PM on May 6th 2009 by Facts, please
*****
Yes indeed, I remember when. I like your review of the shameful McCabe litigation legacy.

Howard Supporter

Posted at 9:30PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean Thanks.

Let's see how many cours have tons of paperwork filed on thebloggers' case? Harris County 190th, then Houston Federal Court, then US Federal Court for RT subpoena fiasco in Tyler, TX, thenHarris County 190th again, then Harris County 280th, and now USBankruptcy Central District Court in Los Angeles!

Only swim in the Ocean

823. Judge Rosenthal's Memorandum and Order is dated June 26, 2008. The case had begun in Octoberr 2007 in state court and was transferred shortly afterwards.. Attempt to add a bunch of defendants and bloggers was March 14, 2008--

He's crazy--that's the long and the short of it. Take this case and shove it.

Posted at 9:18PM on May 6th 2009 by Facts, please
*****
I wonder how much reading and study and other 'prep' work is happening in the 280th these days. Imagine a Judge facing a room full of people, the clear majority of whom wanted her off the case.

Only swim in the Ocean

826. Yes indeed, I remember when. I like your review of the shamefulMcCabe litigation legacy.

Posted at 9:30PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean Thanks.

Posted at 9:48PM on May 6th 2009 by Facts, please
*****
I noticed Bonnie commented that she had already received 4 bankers' boxes full of docs from just her Bankruptcy Court dealings with McCabe.

Adub

825. ...

Posted at 9:06PM on May 6th 2009 by Facts, please
*****

Posted at 9:30PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

Things are heating up. The pressure is on. That is how I see it. California has to go forward, or else. It is done, IMO.

Sterns Motion for Emergency Hearing on Motion to Continue 5/8/09 Hearing

Stern's Motion to Continue 5/8/09 Hearing

Arthur's Response to Harris' Motion to Clarify

Virgie Arthur filed a second motion for sanctions against defendant Howard K. Stern and his counsel Lin Wood and a motion for contempt against Lin Wood.
Arthur_vs_Stern_etal_Motion_Sanctions__Contempt_HStern_Wood.pdf

Bonnie Stern filed a motion to Reconsider the Order Granting Relief from the Automatic Stay in the bankruptcy she filed after this case commenced. In the meantime Arthur filed a motion for contempt against her in Texas.
Arthur_vs_Stern_etal_Contempt_motion_Bonnie_Stern.pdf

QV’s chatter in her box
“That SheStone lady is really smart about legal things too. She puts old Beth and Fact please aka Lauren to shame.”

Shestone has thousands of posts on Topix -- Anyone who continues to stay there and post really must be smart! J

Howard Supporter

Posted at 9:56PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

I wondered about that, what he heck is it? Docs from Texas? Good Lord!

I noticed McCabe's motions are becoming more and more vitriolic, laced with hateful personal comments about the defendants (and now Lin Wood) , character assassination. I can't even read that stuff any more--it's become a gigantic blur of hate from him. He sounds like his bloggers and that is scary, because there is nobody as hateful and vitriolic as they. Every last one of them mirrors this zealous bigotry towards each defendant. Don't tell me this is about VA--no way. Either they are so programmed they speak in total unison or they are on a two-year marathon, as McCabe is. I',m running out of words and THAT rarely happens!! LOL.

I'm not reading any more of these docs--my PACER bill has been running $200 each quarterly billing. Enough is enough.

I am intereted in Bonnie's lawyer, Susan I. Montgomery--she is involved with women's causes/indebtedness, ponzi schemes, and seems sharp to me. I like reading her. I think the most thoughtful of all the judges and legalistic is Judge Rosenthal. I didn't agree with her Calder v Jones jurisdictional ruling, but at least I managed to understand it. Such a contrast to Judge Lindsay--although I realize one shouldn't compare a federal appointed judge with an elected judge.

Remember, when my initial reaction recently to the first motion for sanction and the denial of the recusal motion? I said Lin Wood should walk away from this case. I meant that. Let Luke Lantta handle it--it's a stupid inconsequential cospiracy to defame case, difficult to prove conspiracy. I know he won't give up the fight--but it really is beneath him to have to deal with this vitriol directed at him personally and the slurs upon his character. Sorry--but he needs this crap like a hole in the head.

It could be done--it's been done before--he could remain the attorney/firm of record and to Hell with Texas.

Howard learned to lie from his mom

Posted at 9:19PM on May 6th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

If they really wanted to move this case along then why haven't any of them turned over there computers?

The ones who are stalling this are the ones who refuse to do that!

Howard Supporter

First of all, I'm not reading any of those docs from that case any more, except Bonnie's Bankruptcy filings.

Secondly, I have a question:

Art Harris' Motion to Clarify Production was originally scheduled to be heard on Feb. 6 and that is when all activity supposedly ceased in the case due to the Bankruptcy Stay. Did McCabe never respond to it until NOW??? I looked and don't see a reply to it. This must be what Bonnie refers to in the upcoming May 8 hearing and goes to great length to show that the Dec. 11th hearing was specific and that the Jan. 27th order had changed the parameters of the court's original intention.