« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Person Who Drove Adenhart -- So.Cal Girl

4/9/2009 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just got photos of Courtney Stewart, the driver of the Mitsubishi Eclipse in the fatal crash which killed Nick Adenhart. Sadly, she also passed away.

Nick Adenhart

Courtney, 20, a student at Cal State Fullerton was also a member of Alpha Chi Omega. We spoke to a member of her sorority, who was inconsolable.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

hope2chat

Terrible loss!! God bless these people and the families.

AH

LITB

WellHungAndProud

I am a Dodger Fan but my heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones and to the Angels organization. It’s typical that a total LOSER had to end the lives of others that actually wanted to do something with their lives. I am deeply saddened and frustrated as this accident should never have happened. The DUI driver had his license suspended for a reason to prevent this from happening. I hope he never gets out of jail and never drives again. SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AXOGal69

I'm an Alpha Chi Omega Alumni, anytime a sister passes away we all mourn. May she rest in peace and her sisters and family get through this hard time! AXLAM

Amanda

Wow. I can't believe she's gone. We were on the softball team together in high school and we were in a class together last semester. She was so full of life. Its super hard to believe that she's gone.

People please stop drinking and driving! This is the second friend that has died because of a drunk driver. Three including a family member.

volcomgirl

i knew courtney and she was a wonderdul girl! i played softball with her. she always made it fun! we have some great memories, its so sad to see her gone. she was such a sweet caring person and was nice to everyone. you will be missed courtney. you are in a better place now.

lola

Prayers to her family and friends. or those who are making rude comments. Get a heart. You are not invinceable and your time will come to face God. Venom you have to brag about driving a certain car ? Your probably in debt and living out of your means to try and prove to the world your something special. You really need help. Your stupid car will not stop you from dying when its your time. This man who drove drunk needs to be locked up forever.

cpp10

Went to highschool with her... terrible.

JR

Why do lovely women like this Courtney die young but old skanks like Madonna just keep going on and on? Pitiful.

Screen Queen

My boss has a good friend who is cheating the system as a REPEAT drunk driver. The system is too lenient on these losers. The friend has been to prison multiple times for various offenses, including drunk driving, larceny, etc. When he was let out the last time, he was joking that he knew his way around the system. He was then driving an unregistered van, without a license, and drinking cans of beer in brown paper bags WHILE driving. He was busted again, this time for stealing alcohol from a local grocery store. He is currently STILL free at least 6 months after his "conviction." The judge put him into a sober living requirement rather than jail. So he drinks all week, and then doesn't drink the day of his urine test. He's been putting off going into the program, claiming there's no available spot for him. So every day he's hanging around our office, drunk off his ass, reeking of alcohol. My boss takes him out drinking after work. Everyone enables this loser. I'm sorry - but at this point, he should be behind bars for the rest of his life... just like the loser who killed Adenhart! I'm with Donald Trump when it comes to no sympathy for drunk drivers.

Dan

it's a sad senseless death... but at the same time I can't stop thinking that c'mon, it wasn't like we lost Einstein or Mozart for that matter; she most likely she would have just been a trophy wife of an athlete.... let's not pretend she was going to win the Nobel Prize or provide an advance for mankind. I give her credit for being able to befriend an athlete though. There are benefits to being a cheerleader in college :) It kind of reminds of of me about the maniacal coverage of Natalie Holloway... was she really deserving of all that media attention, seriously? It was just a high school kid on a "Cancun" kind of spring break...

andrea

I knew courtney we went to high school together and its unbeliveable that she is gone .she was so young and full of life my heart goes to all the victims familly and the drunk drivers because of one irresponsible choice many lives are altered I know god will judge him to the full extent none of us can.courtney was a kind person and this is such a tragedy for those people who are saying horrible things about her. Are you that miserable of a person you need to talk bad about the dead

csuf

rest in peace beautiful inside and out courtney! jon you are in our prayers

Laney

She was a really sweet girl. She was one of my students last semester, so bubbly and funny and bright. I'm sad that this happened to her.

who dat

This is a failure of our so-called criminal justice system. That drunk driver should never been behind the wheel of a car. On another note, this is a sad reminder that you must be a defensive driver.