Prez Pup Coming to Obama White House Tuesday

4/11/2009 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ObamaWe have lots of exclusive details on the Portuguese Water Dog President Barack Obama and Michelle are getting for Sasha and Malia. The pooch will make its grand entrance on Tuesday, and it's coming from a prominent Texas kennel, with the help of Senator Ted Kennedy's family.

The black dog -- a male -- is approximately six months old. We've learned it was bred at the kennel and sold to someone who gave it back. The kennel is now "re-homing" the dog to the Obamas. The dog was named Charlie, but the Obamas will rename it.

Now here's where the Kennedys come into play. The kennel has sold the Kennedys three Portuguese Water Dogs in the past, all from the same lineage. The dog the Obamas will be getting is from the same lineage as the Kennedy dogs. The Kennedy family will be presenting the new dog to the Obamas, but it's really coming from the kennel.

The reason this all sounds so technical is that there are issues regarding gifts to the Prez. The fact that the pup is being re-homed makes it all kosher.

The dog pictured below (right) is the actual dog the Obamas will be getting, courtesy FirstDogCharlie.com.

Launch photos

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Tai

Didn't he pose with a 3 legged dog at one point? I thought he was trying to send the message across that less fortunate shelter, and disabled dogs needed loving homes. Yet he goes and gets the family a "designer" pure breed dog, when I'm sure the girls would've loved a shelter dog just as much. Hypocrite much?

The Barber

What a huge mistake. The Port. Water dog stays in PUPPYHOOD for about 4 yrs. and just wait until Charlie starts knocking down the Obama girls. TIBETAN Terrier dog is a perfect dog for the Obamas. Tibetan are great for people with allergies, weighs about 25 to 30lbs. and are hightly intelligent dogs. TIBETAN's are great companion dogs and are able to sleep in the bed, not take over the most of the bed. The Port. Water dog is a sporting dog and requires hours of exercise, whereas the Tibetan is low maintence for exercising.

Duffy

Interesting how Teddy Likes water dogs. If only MaryJo had had one.

Give me a break

117. Wake up you brain-washed PETA/HSUS lovers who believe every lie they tell? Do you love the pets you own? Well, read between the lines of PETA's agenda...you aint gonna have them for long if they have their way. NO-ONE to own animals, ever, from the mouth of the biggest moron of all, their founder, Ingrid Newkirk. If you nuts want a shelter animal, go for it! You'll find some lovely pets there. Just don't try and force your ideas on those that don't! Also that's utter PETA crap that for every purebred purchased, a shelter dog will die. And to the idiot who said the Obamas got their dog from a "puppy mill", God help me, how much jungle juice have you been guzzling? I also can't believe the grubby minds of those of you who say such horrible things about the President and his lovely wife and family, and I don't even live in your country! There's an old saying..."those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Would do you well to take that on board!!!!!

Posted at 10:57 pm on Apr 19th 2009 by Give me a break

Viesta

I am so sick of the Obamas so far, Obama is not my president, I dont even brag that I am from America these days, this man and his family do not impress me in the least. I am miffed at the fact that he even has his Mother in Law living in the white house with them, who is paying her way, of course the tax payers! I have grown weary watching Michelle Obama in a new fashion of the week pic. Is this where the tax dollar is going? Why?

It seems almost a daily event for Obama to lick the boots of the most dispicable dictators in the world as clearly portrayed above. Regrettably, I think slowly we are all discovering, Obama was a mistake. He simply does not represent most Americans and he has no earthly idea where he is leading the masses. He does seem to be hell bent on damaging American’s reputation as the world’s leader. He mocks and makes excuses for our uniquely American ideals and traditions. Sadly, he makes me ashamed to be an American. And while this is hard to write, I feel the system failed miserably to select a President that inspires us all to be proud to be uniquely American. Rather, he makes us feel we are not unique and are merely citizens of the world.

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23