Phil Spector -- Murderer

4/13/2009 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Phil SpectorA jury today found Phil Spector guilty of 2nd degree murder in the 2003 shooting death of actress Lana Clarkson.

The jury found that he personally used the gun that killed her.

A judge denied bail and Spector was taken into custody. Sentencing is scheduled for May 29.

Story developing ...

Jeff Dranetz

Finally!!! Justice!
The evidence was overwhelming.
Someone committing suicide does not blow out their own teeth in the process.
Had this man not been who he is, the first trial would have been the end of it.
Some people refuse to believe that the celebrities they hold in high regard can not possibly do such things.
Its not logical, but sentimental.
Wall of Sound. Big F'ing Deal!
General prison population, max time to serve!

RACHEL

This happend ovr 6yrs ago... it's 2009... why sooo long & whts the point of evn tkn the time to sentence this man when tht happend ovr a decade ago (sarcastically speakn) like 4realz.. this shud've been settled at the time of the murder 6 yrs ago!

jen

This is really great news I had no idea this case was being tried, I was following the first trial very closely and was amazed it ended in a hung jury there was so much proff that he was indeed guilty that it causes me to question the system at time's....It will be interesting to hear his sentance.....Im thinking he'll probably get 25 yrs which means he's never going to out live his sentance........I hope!

Ms G

He will probably go to some kind of mental facility. Watching him come and go from court he seems to be heavily medicated. He has to have mental issues to trap women in his home and pull a gun of them repeatly.

Raella

Justice for Lana. That creep has had 6 years of freedom. This happened in 2003. Disgusting. Boo hoo like his "younger" wife is really sad. She is probably happy & relieved she will not have to snuggle up to him one more minute. FREAK!

Proud American

Wow! Another one bites the dust. First OJ now Soector, who is next Blake from Barreta?

Wanda W.

Yes, finally justice for a woman who only made the mistake of trusting that absolute worthless specimen of a man, Spector. I hope they put him away, right away, UNDER the PRISON ! He has had this coming for over 6 years. Now his Karma has changed and hes been hit with it right between the eyes !!!!!!!!!! Rest in peace Lana dear, THEY GOT HIM !!!!!!!!!

Cristina

On March 22, my family and I were having dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy in Woodland Hills, CA. We were in the back room when in walks this large group of people and they sit down right across from me. After they were settled in to their seats, I look across and see Phil Spector sitting there. The man is a wacko freak. His wife escorted him to the bathroom, put his napkin in his lap, and practically fed him. He just sat there, looking like a nut job. My cousin works for TMZ and I text messaged him to get a crew down to the restaurant, but I don't know if they got there or not. I'm just glad justice was served - FINALLY!

Wanda W.

Let him take any and all the "medication" he needs in prison !!!!

UGGGGHHH

AND HE THOUGHT HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. HA HA HAHA HA

Karen

Its about effing time! he should have got 1st degree. he was quilty he knew it, we knew it,and GOD knew it.

Cristina

I almost forgot... (and I'm just guessing at the figures here...)

First murder trial for Phil Spector - Over $250,000.
Phil Spector's murder re-trial - Over $300,000.
Phil Spector having to do 15 years without his wigs and without his wife wiping his butt - PRICELESS!!!

tellyouwhatithink

and it only took six years!

Pedro Koreatown

ATLAST JUSTICE!!!

tabbycat2022

ummm. I was so sad at this story that I cried...I cried alot! Does anyone care if it made me so sad??
Why is the pic of Phil takin a picture for TMZ about the this? Why?
Geez, does he have children? How are the kids? Does anyone care about the kids, or Phil??
Why oh why do these things happen to such good people like Phil?
These Hollywood people are making me cry again, such a waste of good people?? Why, oh why??
Will someone please tell me?
Please tell me why I keep myself thinkin about these good Hollywood people and thier lives?
I can help thinking I really could be doin something better? Why, oh why?