Garrett's Racist Taunts: 'Wear the Turban!'

4/15/2009 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Garrett ignited a new racial firestorm yesterday when the giant actor dropped some serious slurs at a paparazzo during a heated argument in the middle of the street.

We don't know what set off the scuffle, but Garrett can be clearly heard saying, "Wear the turban! Wear the turban!" People had to restrain both Garrett and the photog from attacking each other, but eventually Brad got into his car and drove off.

A rep for Garrett was not immediately available for comment.

Randy Sexer

OMG that is like the most racist thing EVAR!!!!

I wish white racists like Garrett would be more sensitive to people's feelings, like TMZ is for example.

She is hot

Wow,

Guess I hit a nerve and someone decided to start using my screen name to their advantage. That is just really sad.

Cal

The ONLY racists I have ever seen, or personally experienced, or NON WHITES. So stop the anti-white hate propaganda.

She is hot

Trust me I have nothing against turbans, turban wearing people, pants dragging their knees Americans, sideways wearing hats kids, and so you dont go Reverend Wright on me white people where their pant to their knees and wear their hats sideways, must I go on. Seriously Queto or whoever highjacked my screen name. the like of you and maybe it was not you that did, but the likes of people like yourselves will look at every move, every word, every tone, every letter and say that is racist. If I disagree with Obama spending my grandchildrens grandchildrens money I am a racist, if i believe that my hard earned money does not go to supplying daycare, gas, welfare, public school, illegal immigrants, lazy ass people who dont work or pay taxes I am racist, if I do not support the FACT that Obama said he would NOT have LOBBYIST in his cabinet I am a liar, tax cheas in his cabinet( GEITHNER) I am a liar, pull the troops out now( 16 months is ok for OBAMA now but it willl not happen), if I dont believe that the rich are the problem and how DARE they work hard and SUCCEED I am the problem. In closing, why should I want to better myself, my family and friends if, if I do this the likes of democrats demonize us for doing so. My last thought and I have not found a liberal yet with as much posting that if have done to answer this question. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A POOR PERSON GIVE ANOTHER PERSON A JOB?? THEREFORE, OBAMA TAXES THE RICH!! Does that make since??? WHO( NOT GOVERNMENT) PROVIDES JOBS???? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

Abdul

Way to go Brad. Next time throw your shoes at those a**holes.

Delicious

131. Heads go back to your own country ~~~~~~>>>> you're funny....

If you're with Brad please make a comment saying ~~>THREW A SHOE AT THE paparazzi that was harassing Brad...

Marina326

Brad Garrett acting like an ASS is not new news. The fact that he can't get a hit show of his own is also not new news.

Ryan

That big ugly bastard is hilarious. I would have a beer with that guy any day of the week.

Andolini

#23!!! Ellis Roberson.. Now that's funny!!!! You caught me offguard.....

bawhahahahaha!!!

If our braindead, racist, hack of a Vice President can say that every 7/11 employee speaks with an Indian dialect and gets a free pass from TMZ, then surely this NON-ELECTED, PRIVATE citizen should as well.

You liberal fools over there look more douchey and hypocritical every day.

What do you look like?

I think the paparazzi taunt and harass celebrities to get these kinds of reactions and then pretend to be all shocked while at the same time they are profiting from it.

Tryingtobethoughtful

It seems apparent that this is another story like many that appear on this site, whereby someone is provoked into an angry reaction. It would be interesting to see the actions of harrasment that led up to this "racist outburst." I tend to side with the so called "celebrities" in this regard.

Melissa

It doesn't matter if its a racial thing or not...the guy is just one big jerk.

TT

148. I agree. No reaction, no story....

NatTurner

Wow, what rationalizations from these people. And I get called racist for pointing out racist. Incredible. I've bookmarked this video and your comments to simply prove to what depths 'you people' will go. Thank you very much. You could not have made it any easier. And Im sure you make your great grand parents proud!