'Passion' Writer -- Mel's Hiding $$$ From Me!

4/15/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel GibsonThe writer of Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" claims Mel and his people are playing a shell game with him, trying to avoid paying him his just due on the movie.

Benedict Fitzgerald had sued Mel and others, claiming he was lied to when they said the movie would carry a $4-7 million production budget. Fitzgerald says he accepted a low fee after being told the budget was so low.

But during the case, Mel and his peeps produced accounting records, and the true budget was millions more. In fact, Mel's own calculations put the budget at around $30 million.

But Fitzgerald thinks the amount is even higher, and he's now asking the judge to force a more thorough accounting.

Fitzgerald wants what he considers a fair writer's fee based on the true cost of the movie.

Watch out Robyn -- it's half your money, too.

Karen Ann

I heard on TV last night that Mel is worth at least a billion dollars and Robyn is entitled to half of it. Good, I'm so glad for her. I used to like Mel a lot but not anymore after all of his jewish statements and now his whoring around on her when he pretends to be so religious! Hyprocite!

Sandy

I heard that Mel has been looking for women on Jdate

SLUTTY SIENNA

WHAT A PRINCE.

Kilmerfan

This is why we need tort reform. I am glad I am not rich or famous or someone might sue me for farting in an elevator. Oy Vey!
Another attack on capitalism so the Feds can take over though the courts. Just like Stalin did. I hope Mel wins. Give them Hell Mel.

jonnyOs

Wow, but Mel is a devote Catholic. And wouldn't that be a major affront--ESPECIALLY considering that movie's topic??? I mean, if it's for Bird on a Wire, bad enough. But somehow it seems if this is true then there's some major karma coming to Mel.

Oh, and if it's true, I'd never watch another one of his movies--new or old--again. Even Mad Max, or Road Warrior. False pride show's a person's true flaws.

xcalibur

HE PROLLY GETS PAID BASED ON PROJECTED BUDGET LIKE A % FEE. HE ALLEGES MEL LIED UPFRONT LOWERING THE BUDGET SO HE GETS PAID LESS. NOW THE BUDGET IS 6X MORE HE WANTS MORE OF A CUT. IF TRUE, MEL IS A DOUCHE BAG. NO GIBSON MOVIE HAS EVER BEEN MADE FOR A MEASILY $5-7 MIL. LOL. WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE IS MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE WHEN THE BUDGET BALLOONED UPWARDS BUT DOUCHE BAG DIDN'T. AHH, NOW WE HAVE A LAWSUIT. SMDH.

SLUTTY SIENNA

METHINKS THE PR HACK-GREMLINS HAVE ARRIVED.
TOO LATE, MEL.
REMEMBER WHEN YOU GOT BOOED
AT THAT BASKETBALL GAME
AND ALMOST CRIED?
THAT'S HOW WE FEEL ABOUT YOU, SUGAR TITS.

celebribabe

line starts on the left... http://www.speedmonkey.net/

RM

My, my have all the hate sprung out. I really have not given a rat's patooty about Mel Gibson, but is not as preachy as say, Pat Robinson, Joel Osteen, 90% of liberal Hollywood. His manners are no better than most in H-town but he's getting a lot of flack, supposedly from his Christian views. I don't think so. I think that there are a lot of guilty out there that are projecting their own Christian guilt out on this man. He's proven to be contrary to his values; so has ALL OF HOLLYWOOD!! He's never been an in your face type of person, just showed his views. If you didn't agree to them, fine. But all this sudden hate for Gibson is nothing more than pathetic projection. Would you feel better over this if it was Phil Spector or Ron Jeremy instead of Mel?

Dmitri Davelle

wasn't this already written about 2009 years ago...minus 33 years?

fans of President Obama

All of a sudden BENEDICT ARNOLD has an opinion.

BENEDICT FITZGERALD is a con artist.

After all this time, he has a problem. How convenient. Sounds like the same creative financing credit card companies are using to scam even more money from innocent people.

annie