'One Tree Hill' Star Busted for SSN Scam

4/16/2009 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Antwon TannerThe guy who plays "Skills" on "One Tree Hill" clearly has none when it comes to being a crook, because he was just popped by police in connection with a Social Security card scam.

Antwon Tanner surrendered to federal prosecutors this morning. The U.S. Attorney's office says Tanner "knowingly and intentionally" transferred Social Security cards last year "with intent to defraud." "Tree Hill" paychecks must be affected by the stimulus too.

He will be arraigned at Federal Court in Brooklyn Thursday.

UPDATE: Antwon pled not guilty at his arraignment, and was released on $250,000 bond.

Alison

Another f___ing user! You don’t need the assistance but you’ll steal from us anyway.
What a duchebag! I hope Bubba uses SAND instead of spit!!!
I see no difference between is jerkwad and Bernie Madoff. They are both thieves and deserve a lifetime of visits from Bubba AND his buddies!!!

1985 days ago

Realitychecker

I find it strange that "smotherthanutoo" failed to express confusion and disappointment of the actions of other celebrities featured on the "Celebrity Troublemakers List or is this just yet another example of how "COLOR" is aways at the forefront of absolutely EVERYTHING. There were various crimes mentioned on that list....selling drugs, sexual assault of minors, DUIs, grenades and gunpowder, assaulting prostitute, bilking millions of dollars out of people(if this isn't a prime example of ripping off and stealing someone else's personal property, then I don't know what is...)and the list goes on. Though crime is crime and wrong is wrong....I was more disturbed by hearing of how a young teenage girl was sexually assaulted. Her innocence has been stolen forever and there is always a chance she may never recover from that incident. We can always repair our credit history especially when we can prove fraud. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT HERE....Crime DOES NOT belong to one particular RACIAL GROUP OR COLOR. "CRIME DOESN'T CARE WHO COMMITTS IT"!!!Crime has always been committed by people of all racial groups and color and by both males and females. If we continue pinpointing and concentrating on a particular group of people or color, we will continue shifting blame and excusing others. No one should be excused for crime. NO ONE. Lets hold EVERYONE accountable. We should be confused and disappointed by all crime. Most of the celebrities on that list were popular and had a good career that is probably gone and done now! The quick attack of racial comments wer overwhelming and sad. It sounds like we have a lot of anger and ignorance out there. Stop stereotypong and broaden your minds. I am so thankful that I am able to be a fair person.

1985 days ago

Fd

the whole thing is a joke

1985 days ago

barbarab

IS YOUR MOTHER PROUD OF YOU----------------------------DID YOU STEAL FROM HER-- FU--KING PIECE OF VOMIT

1985 days ago

FiBiker

HE COULD MAKE MORE MONEY AS A SOMALI PIRATE...HE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED UP.

1985 days ago

Blah

What a dumb*ss! Go to jail, go directly to jail, go not pass go, do not collect $200

1984 days ago

Terri

For gosh sakes, you have a acting career going, presumably making good money, and yet you're scamming SSNs and cards since 2005 until July of 2008? STUPID very STUPID. Goodbye career, hello prison. As for realitychecker, I agree with your comments, the majority of people (and statistic posters of the world) are far too quick to come out from the woodwork with the racial slurs (and almost all of them do so without using a real name, even a real first name) and it just sickens me (I'm white) because not only do they show their own stupidity but they in fact incite continued racism. Do I think racism will ever go away -- unfortunately I do not, it's been here this long, and I'm so sorry to say I don't think it will ever disappear. Do I like every single person of every racial background? Of course not, but not because of their race, because of the person they are, perhaps I don't like their personality, or their value system, or their morals -- it's as simple as that. I don't give a rats ass who is sitting in prison as far as the majority of race -- fact is all I care about is they are off the damn street and out of the neighborhoods and not able to commit another act of violence against someone else. And if you damn racists had any intelligence about you, that's what you would care about also.

1984 days ago

cami

People.. its funny how halff of u people probably didnt know who he was.. now u all have something to say.. Don't believe everything u hear.. NOONE knows what really happened except the people involved.. u people are idiots!!!

1984 days ago

RHS

I went to school with this guy and we were close friend, can't believe he stoop this low, but hey no matter how much money you make there are greety people out there that want more. Look at all those bank CEO's they were making million's but ended up asking for a bail out. Maybe this was his bail out

1978 days ago