Socialite Gloria Vanderbilt

'Memba Her?!

4/18/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Vanderbilt is best known for being an heiress to the prominent Vanderbilt family of New York and for her line of designer jeans in the '80s. Guess what she looks like now!

Michael Madsen

Anderson Cooper does...

roselight

I think she looks better now.

Michael Madsen

I love MOm's... so with all due respect... her face has definetly done a 360... Heidi Fleiss should call this Grand Lady's Face-tightener.

Michael Madsen

On a darker note... does evryone else have the disturbing ad for Mat McConoughey's latest flilm? Does he look like the Gayest, Goofiest Gay you've ever seen? MY Gawd who goes to these movies? Please... buys cigarettes...start drinking... but don't spend your hard earned $'s on this Travesty in pants....PLEASE....

sylvabelle

haha.. uhm she should be cast on twilight or something. looks like a vamp.

fans of President Obama

I have fermented yeast in my colon. Smells like old Collard greens.

Chris

What about Anderson Cooper there in the pic....talk about being "All Growed up!" The Silver Fox is hawt!

Barb

Isn't she Anderson Coopers mother?

xcalibur

PLASTIC SURGERY LOOKS GROTESQUE! IT'S ALL LOP SIDED NOW.. SEE, PLASTIC DROPS WITH GRAVITY. AND AT 85 WTF CARES WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE ANYWAY.. STOP THE INSANITY! LMAO.

Kathy

She's BEAUTIFUL folks. I think she's more beautiful than she ever was! Looks amazing for her age.

She's a beautiful, compassionate, empathetic and classy lady

And yeah, speaking of "ALL GROWN UP", Anderson's certainly grown into such a hot, sexy and handsome man. He's GORGEOUS and one of my favorite people. Certainly one of my favorite anchors/reporters ever too.

He's so CUTE in this pic too!

I've always admired Ms Vanderbilt because she's come through so much tragedy in her life. Money and social standing doesn't equate to an easy charmed life folks and she's been through so much loss. So has Anderson.

As a child she went through a lot and if you haven't read of or heard her story, read "Poor Little Rich Girl" and then she lost her son which is THE worst thing a parent can ever face. Losing him was also such a loss for Anderson as well.

Then she lost her husband and AC lost his Dad so they've been through a lot of heartache and pain and loss.

Both of them have come through all that with such dignity and class. Anderson's used the compassion and empathy that she and his Dad instilled in him to become the GREAT reporter he is today because when he does a story, he does it from his heart.

Ms Vanderbilt and Audrey Hepburn were always THE classiest ladies to me.

You'd never know that AC's one of THE Vanderbilts either if you didn't know he was because he's so down-to-earth and humble and never used his Mom's name or her fame as a ladder for his own career and fame. He earned everything he has today and that's a true testament not only to what kind of person he is but to how his parents raised him and the values they instilled in him.

AC's no little spoiled rich brat and that says a LOT about him AND his parents.

I wish Ms Vanderbilt and Anderson all the best. They've come through so much with dignity, class and a sincere wish to help others and make things better for others. God bless 'em both.

sparkys nemesis

She's unrecognizable from the woman I remember viewing 20-30 years ago. She looks more like Mary Tyler Moore. And Gloria's the yummy Anderson Carter's mom.

susan

Wow Kathy Stephens, that was beautiful. Thank you for the information, which I wasn't aware of. But I am aware of the doors she opened for us, during the 70's and I have always loved her wrap dresses.

I still remember the first GV dress I had and how sexy I looked in it. WHY, are we all so judgemental?? Really, why? Can't we just be happy for someone, regardless of their facial features, whether good or bad.?

Look at Susan Boyle....aren't we all happy for her. BUT, I would guarantee that we won't recognize her after her handlers get ahold of her.

Oh well, didn't mean to rant but I sure feel better.

Terri

Damnit TMZ you're are really pissing me off with these Mema me posts, this has happened 3 days in a row now, WTF? People will post and you come in and erase them and start over with the posts!!!!! It happened with Joan Van Ark and I can't remember the other one and now with Gloria -- STOP IT ALREADY.

ntvnat

God, I am soooooooooooooooo GAY for her son!!! Yum, yum, gimme some! ;-)

Andre

that is his mom. I wonder if they talk a lot and hang out and stuff

1925 days ago