Claudia Jordan to Miss Cali:

Work That Gay Room

4/20/2009 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USA judge Claudia Jordan tells us Miss California Carrie Prejean didn't play to her audience when she said "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Claudia says, "She should have known her audience better. There's only like five straight guys in the audience at the pageant." You gotta love Claudia!

Launch photosThe former Briefcase #1 model on "Deal or No Deal" says, "I don't agree with what she said, but I don't think she's evil."

And we saved the best for last: "I've been in pageants, and I've been on TMZ, so I know what it's like when you screw up what you meant to say." First of all, love the honesty, Claudia. Second of all, exactly what part did Carrie misspeak?

Disgusting

Hilarious that this took place at one of the most sexist media institutions, beauty pageants, and this gay guy hurls sexist invective at her for not subscribing to his beliefs.

The problem with the gay community, as with many oppressed groups, is they throw tantrums about their own rights but turn around and hurl hate at another oppressed group.

That lowlife gossip monger lost all 'credibility' about his personal rights by participating in that misogynistic horror show, and by denying her rights to her own beliefs, and by asking such a self-serving inappropriate question, and by his hateful sexist uncouth profanity that show his true colors.

alic7

#44 Amanda - it's not CLOSED minded when you don't agree. It's only closed minded when you can't accept. I don't HAVE to feel the way someone else feels but I can still back her for her words, and I understand the question - but - wrong place, wrong time. 100 percent. One great comment above... Perez was "self-serving" on that question. Good observation.

kiwi

MARRIAGE SHOULD BE ONLY BETWEEN MAN AN WOMEN! NOTHING ELSE~

Fan of Mindy's

She is right. She is allowed to say/believe what she wants. Why is it that it's ok to say you think gay marriage is right, but she can't say it's wrong? Isn't this country about free speech? It's rediculous!

JT

Miss Cali did the right thing!! When she started to answer the question she could have easily lied & went down that path & tell people what they want to hear!!!! But she didn't & she kept it real!!! She stated what she believes in & nobody should be mad at her!!! This does not mean that she doesn't like gay people!!! I was more shocked that they would even ask a question like that!!!

opi

I saw Perez on Larry King. He said he cleared the question in advance, and it was approved, no problem , and that Trump invited him to be one of the Judges.

bobby c

yeah, lets let people who are americans be treated kinda similiarly but not exactly equal because they are different and because an invisible person who we cannot contact to answer, we think said so... yeah, go america, this sounds familiar to me, but i cant put my finger on it...

LoveItOrNot

She just said what she believes. Leave her alone. Will she just lie just because people wanted her to say "Yah, i think same sex marriage should be allowed in every state, blah blah, blah."? She just stated how she feels and I do believe that she didn't intend to hurt people with her answer. Some people are just way too sensitive in this matter about the same sex marriage thing just because her answer doesn't agree with what they wanted to hear from her. She respects your beliefs about the issue then in return respect her beliefs on this issue too.

Jamie

I don't agree with her but I think she expressed herself in a thoughtful and respectful manner. I applaud her honesty. To me, she is a winner.

#645732 - Cell Block H

So was she supposed to just toss away her beliefs just to win this competition? Was she supposed to change her answer just to appease gay America? If so, then we all might as well bend over. The question should have never been asked, unless it was asked to all of the contestants. What percentage of those women would have changed their beliefs to make the mostly gay audience happy? And by the way, what are Perez Hilton's credentials that gives him the right to judge anyone or anything. Oh yeah, I forgot. He's gay.

bobby c

im sure she likes gay people, she just doesnt think they deserve to be treated exactly the same as someone as awesome as her

Lenn K.

You got to remember this country is under attack from anyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage. She was correct and most Americans agree with her. By the way, It was the blacks in California who didn't want gay marriage and voted against it with a 70% number. That's huge and it wasn't the Mormons like everyone wants to think was, they were just another group just like the Hispanics and Asian who said, NO!

bobby c

if people just worried about how they were raised, and dont look and think for themselves, wouldnt we still have slaves in this country?

upchuck21

I thought it was great that she stuck right up Perez Hilton's a##. That guy is the most mean-spirited, hateful person I have ever seen. He can dish it out, but he obviously can't take it. Typical "reporter."

opi

I'm sure it's a relevant question to Perez for obvious reasons, and for Trump, because it's in the news, but for her, it's a moral question, for Perez, a civil rights one, and they clashed. It's a shame because the only ones who won are the right wing, who will be all over this as a victory for right wing "values" over the PC police. They win big too, because we straights don't get how you can "lose" or be punished for simply stating your honest opinion.