Miss Cali Claims She Was 'Biblically Correct'

4/21/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sure, she alienated the gay and lesbian audience and probably lost the crown by saying "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman," but Miss USA loser Carrie Prejean has no regrets.

Carrie Prejean: Click to watch
Matt Lauer gave Carrie a second chance to answer the controversial question this morning on "Today." Her answer: "The way that I answered might have been offensive ... but for me, it was being biblically correct."

shawn

lol people are missing one small thing she is saying because the bible teaches so and so she believe it right? Ok this is an unmarried woman in her underwear on stage in front of men, gee Im pretty sure there are tons of versus's in the bible we could find on that one alone. Hypocrities all of them.

SocialistCowardicePigs

Where exactly is the controversy? EVERY single time gay marriage is put to a vote by the people it's ALWAYS shot down overwhelmingly. Funny how libs use the word "controversy" to describe something that the MINORITY of people support. Unbelieveable!!

Even blue ass California shoots down gay marriage every chance they get. If gay marriage is "contrroversial" because there is a minority of people that support it, then so is our God awful, idiotic, I-cant-tie-my-shoes-without-my-teleprompter joke of a President!!!!

werjmos

As a gay person I am completely appalled at the way this woman is being treated. The way the gay community, more specifically Perez Hilton, is treating her, is setting us BACK. This is the kind of behavior the public finds revolting. This woman was asked a question, and she gave her honest opinion. It's that simple. I 100% respect her for that. Right now, I am embarrassed that we have Perez speaking for us. Will an honest, intelligent gay person in the spotlight please step up? PLEASE! This is nothing but damaging for us.

Womb for one

Good for her for sticking to her guns! There are lots of people who don't support gay marriage, and they shouldn't be forced to say they do. She was asked a question and she answered it; if you don't like the answer, too bad.

sammijo

Good for her, SOOOO good for her. Just like a jerk to even ask that question anyway, because he probably knew her answer and wanted to sabatoge her because of her beliefs anyway

jj

instead of the USA, the name should be USO (United States of theOffended) what a bunch of crying babies, What? he didnt hear what hewanted to hear TOO BAD!!! retard!

Mr. Ed

The only thing she is guilty of is not being media savy. If she were then she would have known that you never, ever answer a loaded question like that with your own personal belief especially if you are going to alienate a whole group of people that you want to represent. Instead you dance around the question so as not to offend anyone on either side. It's done by millions of people every single day. "Does this dress make me look fat" - same type of question. How do you answer without getting yourself in trouble. She just didn't think on her feet very well and unfortunately, if you are Miss USA you are going to be doing a lot of interviews then you have to be good at thinking on your feet as not everything is scripted. She has a right to her own belief, just as everyone else in the world has but when you are in the public eye then you have to be smart enough to know when/how to answer a loaded question correctly which is the least offensive to everyone.

K

And she shoudl have been the one to win since she knows what she stands for, unlike the sheep of the country.

Rog

Hey Jazz.. they don't "choose to be gay" :)

Just like 99% of people don't CHOOSE to be Christian etc.. they are forced/brainwashed by parents before they ever have a choice.

why?

I APPLAUD HER FOR TAKING A STAND FOR THE WORD OF GOD. I WOULD ALWAYS RESPECT AND TREAT ALL PEOPLE
THE SAME, BECAUSE WE ARE TOLD THAT ONLY GOD CAN BE THE JUDGE.

SUN

I dont think that type of question should have been allowed to ask.. The question, no matter the answer is going to offend someone. I think Hilton, should find other venues to try an make a stance for gay activism.

Bex

NO GAY MARRIAGE!

Hal

Can't seem to speak my mind--me do believe TMZ is monitoring every message! No free speech here! TMZ, what CAN I say?

gliderider

Good for Carrie for standing up for her beliefs and convictions.I agree totally with her answer and if you are offended quit judging if you are trying to push your beliefs down others throats and if you dont want to hear others opinions dont ask.As far as her being on stage the way she was dressed wasnt Adam and Eve nude.

TMZ SUCKS

I applaud her for what she said, I believe it and yesterday was the last day Perez Idiot was welcome in this home. He's now blocked at the router. So Gay people have a right to push their agenda on everyone else to the point of harassment? When did this nation become one nation under homosexuals? Get REAL. If they want PEREZ as their role model they deserve him! He's a media HORE and did this all for publicity. He's loving it and milking it on his blog. YOU GO GIRL!