Miss Cali Claims She Was 'Biblically Correct'

4/21/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sure, she alienated the gay and lesbian audience and probably lost the crown by saying "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman," but Miss USA loser Carrie Prejean has no regrets.

Carrie Prejean: Click to watch
Matt Lauer gave Carrie a second chance to answer the controversial question this morning on "Today." Her answer: "The way that I answered might have been offensive ... but for me, it was being biblically correct."

Tee

Sorry i'm not marching lock step with this one marriage is between a man and woman. She was right state how she feels about marriage. So if you don't agree with gays, then you have no rights to express yourself BS.

Sebastian Rio

I just want to say that we all have our opinions and that are entire to them and I do respect that, but that way that she presented herself was not right. I felt offended and disgusted by it and I think she is resit BITCH! and that I'm so ashamed that she is from California. But she is a patent LOSER and stupid. And resit C*****

Just me.

Anita

You can exercise your right to free speech anytime you want but have to be prepared to live with the consequences.
That's what happened here.

upchuck21

You go girl. Screw Perez Hilton. He's a mean-spirited, hateful person.

Really?

10. As a gay person I am completely appalled at the way this woman is being treated. The way the gay community, more specifically Perez Hilton, is treating her, is setting us BACK. This is the kind of behavior the public finds revolting. This woman was asked a question, and she gave her honest opinion. It's that simple. I 100% respect her for that. Right now, I am embarrassed that we have Perez speaking for us. Will an honest, intelligent gay person in the spotlight please step up? PLEASE! This is nothing but damaging for us.

Posted at 9:21AM on Apr 21st 2009 by werjmos

I, as a Christian woman, am so happy to hear that not all gay people are bashing this girl for being honest. I am upset about the way everyone is taking this and the way Perez Hilton acted like a big baby. It's so sad that he is even allowed to be a judge or that the queston was even allowed to be asked. #8 Shawn, she is not wrong for walking around in a bathing suit! She may be a Christian, but she is not a nun! If this is what she chooses to do with her life who are we to judge the decisions she makes. She is the one that will have to answer for her own actions. I don't see that she is doing anything wrong. She is holding up to her morals and beliefs. She is a beautiful woman who is smart and confident. You just know tha you could never hold a candle to her!

Pimp juice

Yeah Tyrone, blacks really stick with those CIVIL RIGHTS causes, right? Does that explain why over 70% of blacks in CA voted AGAINST gay marriage? See, even the moronic leftists don't know their own base!! BAWHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!

Her career is just fine since the majority of people, overwhelmingly, oppose game marriage. Try again douchebag.

Razorback

WHO CARES???? LET THIS STORY DIE. SHE HAS A RIGHT TO HER OPINION. SHE LOST. BYE...

GoSarahGo

Totally agree with the folks who feel Perez has blown this out of proportion. Way too frequently he uses his site to try to manipulate the public opinion. Lately, I have been avoiding his site after reading remarks he made to another blogger about how much more traffic his site gets. If that will make his form of bigotry go away, I will make sure he doesn't get any support from me!

Gothika972

What the hell is wrong with you ?
I'm gay and I wasn't shocked by her answer. I'm really impressed by the way she stands for her point of view.
She didn't disrespect anyone, she just said marriage between people of the same sex is not something she believes in.
BOTTOM LINE !!! please move on !
I will never understand how come American people can be so stupid sometimes !!!

By the way, I'm FRENCH ! lol !

Anita

She lost for being an idiot.
Surely she did not expect to win with that answer in a field that is heavily populated by gays and lesbians. D'uh.

mmmmm

She had her right to express her opinion, but no one has a right to disagree with it.

She is supposed to represent her state. Half of her state, if not more, approves of the idea of gay marriage. Her answer could have expressed her opinion without alienating anyone. If the judges felt that her answer put her in a more negative light, so be it. I would certainly never be able to respect a woman who felt this way. Yeah, like I would respect these vain, vapid, self-involved, egotistical morons anyway.

BTW didn' she say in "her country" gay marriage should be illegal. Did she mean the Country of California or is the entire United States supposed to follow her whim?

And I think the repulsive amount of vanity this contestant displays, along with pride and totally breaking the Sabbath are also biblically incorrect.

Illinois person

The title was hers until she opened up her mouth and she must know that now. If she believe in what she wants to, that's of course her right, on the other hand she is well - empty handed. I believe Hilton was right when he says Miss USA is supposed to support all of America and not just a (her) chosen few. Also, the officials must care about what he (Hilton) has to say since they asked him to be a judge. A better answer may simply have been to say as long as two people are happy then that makes America an even better place to live. If this is how she feels, then I wonder why does she now feel the need to defend her comments? Sit home and sulk you crumb, no crown just gin & regret! Too bad, so sad!

Rich CT

Liberals are all for freedom of speech, until it doesn't agree with them!!!! This used to be a free country?

Wow

She didn't give the answer Perez wanted and she didn't give the answer liberal, media elite superweenie Matt Lauer wanted, but she represents the silent majority of America. What she did took guts and she has been ridiculed for it. It cost her the crown, but gained her admiration of others who may be too timid to stand up for what they believe in.

semicolon