Shots Fired at 'Dog' Chapman

4/22/2009 10:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman and one of his associates were shot at by a man they were trying to apprehend yesterday.

According to police in Colorado Springs, Colo., Chapman and bail bondsman Bobby Brown were attempting to bring in a man named Hoang Nguyen when he allegedly fired at least one shot at Chapman and Brown with a handgun before fleeing on a motorcycle.

Chapman and Brown were armed with paintball guns and returned fire.

Hoang was later arrested without incident by Chapman early this morning.

BTW -- Dog's film crew was there ... but missed the shot (pardon the pun).

dr. drrrrrinks

are you f^cking kidding me paintball guns? i always wondered would kind of gay a$$ guns they had. he deserves to be shot. btw, i hate the one with the squeaky voice and that dumb a$$ pontail mullet the most.

1988 days ago

Joy Sigle

First of all, they don't carry paint ball guns, they are high powered pepper ball guns. Which is a lot worse then mace and can actually leave welts if your hit with them. Second of all THANK GOD the Chapman's and Bobby were unscathed. They have gotten so many punks of the streets. They keep our communities safer.

IN DOG WE TRUST

1988 days ago

The Plain Truth

I dont think a convicted felon is allowed to possess a firearm. A paintball gun is a weapon that can fire a projectile under the definitoin of a firearm. The projectile is intended to strike a person or object to inflict damage. Dog is a convicted felon and is volating the law when he is in possesion of a paintball gun or any other weapon. The posession of mace, knives and batons also fall under this category. Do your job TMZ and law eforcement personel........pick that felon up.

1988 days ago

HAHAHAHA

DAMN........AND THE GUY MISSED........SHAME ON NGUYEN....YOU COULD HAVE RID THE WORLD OF ONE GAY HOMO AND HIS SILICONE INJECTED TRANNY WIFE! WONDER IF BETH STILL HAS HER PENIS!

1988 days ago

J.L. Lee

I've been waiting for this! These fools are not armed except with paintball guns, I would just stand, aim, & empty a few .45 magazines at these clowns. These people only go after the pitiful types, but someday someone is going to connect and blow their dumb asses away!

1988 days ago

pua

"Chapman and Brown were armed with paintball guns and returned fire." Thanks TMZ that was singly the most funny thing I have ever read here.

1988 days ago

brian

I don't believe convicted felons can possess or carry firearms.

1988 days ago

HThomas

dog should be cautious it's just a matter of time before hr messes with the wrong person, his tactics won't work with a truly
dangerous person..

1987 days ago

datwig

the show is so bad, it's a miracle someone hasn't shot him before this. and i'm not necessarily talking about a fugitive either. time to dump these ridiculous shows, and get back to intelligent television

1987 days ago

Teufel Eldritch

Posted at 9:55AM on Apr 22nd 2009 by Lou - "Seen that comming bunch of craZZy's running around with guns in the world if you ask me MELT ALL GUNS Down & the world would be a safer place."

Yea right. That's the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Gun control does not deter criminals/reduce crime. Well armed citizens do.

1987 days ago

Sammas

Well...........I was a big fan a few yrs ago until the incident came about ( with the racist comment ) reguarding his
son dating a black girl, I'm a home health nurse, me and my crew along with our patients would gather around the
big screen just to watch his show, we haven't sense than, and will never again.

1987 days ago

lexy01

Sounds staged to me for ratings. Dog is so played out anyway. After he was busted for his racist rant last year, now he needs to get some attention! (OR WAS THAT FAKE TOO?) What better way than to get shot at. Get over your self Dog!!! Fake or not, we're dogged out!!

1987 days ago

Guadalupe Ramirez

I am in the Military and currently deployed to Afghanistan and have been here about ten months now, however I still take the time when ever I can to find out what the "DOG" has been up to. I am glad that you have not let any of the issues that you have hed in your life bring you down. you are an inspiration so us all over here. Keep up the good work.

1987 days ago

JJ

I can't stand that retard and his crew. If I saw him coming after me, I'd shoot too, but I wouldn't miss.

1987 days ago

NOTaFAN

To bad the guy missed chapman.They should have given him a hand gun course prior to the show.The show is a joke. He looks like a modern day white mr. "T". A cross breed between David Lee Roth (sorry DLR) and Joe Dirt. Hey, he may be Joe Dirts grandpa.HAHAHAHA!!!!! As far as for his rolly polly wife. Put some clothes on woman. your bringing down the ratings. That's why the shooting was staged to bring the ratings up.

1987 days ago