'Sopranos' Star Calls In a Hit Over Miss Cali

4/22/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played Johnny Sack is so pissed off about the Miss California controversy -- he called in to the TMZ tipline to unload!

Johnny Sack - Play audio

According to our first celebrity voicemail, Vince Curatola is furious with certain people (blogger Perez Hilton, in particular) for bashing Miss California Carrie Prejean after she voiced her opinion on gay marriage -- calling the attacks "disgusting."

Curatola even issued Perez a challenge -- "I wish he'd come after me that way."

MichaelLookedAwesome!

That guy is right. It's a shame how Perez Hilton and Hollywood are attacking that girl for her OPINION, not a criminal act of hate. People are so stupid. A few butt pirates and muff divers are trying to demonize this girl because she doesn't agree with their lifestyle. OMG fruity P....get over it! You are not going to make someone agree with you by force and intimidation. This is so junior high!

Barb

She said her truth! I am surprised that Perez would out and out say it cost her the crown. That shows extreme bias on his part and he should have tried to be impartial regardless of how he felt. It might not have been politically correct, but it was honest.

JackieMichele

I'm happy that someone finally stepped in and said she has the right to her opinion. While I personally don't agree with what she said, she was the one who asked the question and she answered as best she could. I admire her intergrity for being able to honestly speak her opinion even though she knew not everyone would agree with it.

Btw, this is not about people speaking up for what is right in terms of homosexuality. This is about a person who is being smeared in the public eye because she answered a question. That is what isn't right about this whole situation.

GO-BAMA

FREEDOMROCKS- way off!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE SAME RIGHTS IN A DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW!!!!

so don't act like it is so unfair, all you want is to use the word "MARRIAGE" which is between a man and a women.

DON"T YOU REALIZE YOU ARE TAKING AWAY FROM ME THE DREAM OF MARRIAGE!!!! I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TO BE ABLE TO OR HAVE TO ASK IF I AM GAY OR STRAIGHT IF I AM "MARRIED" THAT IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i pee freely

screw perez and all his butt brothers

AVOIDS AZZHOLES

Hey Go-Bama - I never said to use the word Marriage. If you re-read what I initially typed, you'll see I said lets try calling it something else. And no one is trying to take your dream away, just making it so that others can also have a dream under a different name.

John

So it's freedom of speech when she offends a good number of Americans, but not when Perez does? Interesting. I think it's obvious she was doing this for publicity as evidenced by her post-contest romance with Fox and her desire to be a motivational speaker. She's just as much a mediawhore as Perez. Let's move on.

Bashy35

I knew I always liked Johnny Sack

John

Uh, freedom of speech only prohibits the government from censoring people. It doesn't prevent people from responding to an answer that affects millions of Americans. Nor does it prevent a private organization from squeezing her out (as the conservative talking heads suggest...perhaps they've forgotten the bigoted Boy Scouts who forced people out simply for their sexual orientation?). No one censored her, she's just now realizing that everyone else has the right to respond as well and doesn't like that. Boo hoo. Get over it.

sung jung

perez hilton is a homosexual ass, what happened to the 5th ammendment, where in the hell are they getting these judges anyways? i'm sorry but why put somebody like perez hilton on the judges seat, he would not judge them right anyways if he didn't like the outfits these ladies picked out, he is a fashion QUEEN

THE GREAT ONE

THE LIBERAL MEDIA NEEDS TO REALIZE WE ARE NOT ALL ON THAT TRAIN OF BEING POLITICALY CORRECT. WE WERE FOUNDED ON CHRISTIANITY AND WE HAVE A CONSTITUTION. PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW IMATURE THE DEM LIBS ARE AND HOPEFULLY THE GENERATION THAT FOLLOWS HIM WILL REVOLT AND VOTE REPUBLICAN.

GO-BAMA

Freedomrocks -

IGNORANCE OR IGNORING THE LAW THAT IS BEING DEBATED/ IN THE SUPREME COURT IS "MARRIAGE" NOT WHAT TO CALL IT.

IF you understood what you were saying you would know that my response is correct your "other" word is DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP

Buster

Gay mafia meet the real mafia. I bet Perez is puckering now.

Sencho

No one with an ounce of sense cares what a Miss USA contestant thinks anyway. Or some old dago, for that matter.

Janet

Why should anyone decide what others can and can't do? And who needs her quoting the freakin bible while she looks like a drag queen crack whore at dawn?