Tyrese's Prenup -- Ex Gets Nada

4/22/2009 5:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the prenup between Tyrese Gibson and his soon-to-be ex Norma Gibson -- and from the looks of it, she won't be getting much when it's all said and done.

click to view docs

According to the docs, Norma doesn't get a piece of any of Tyrese's possessions -- not his production company, not his cars, not his house ... nothing.

The prenup does state that Norma would get a lump sum of $50,000 for every year they were married -- maxed out at 10 years. The couple was only married 10 months.

How's this for brutal? The prenup says that if either side files for separation or divorce, Norma has to move out of the house within 60 days -- or else Tyrese can get a court order to make her move out.

Clayton Bigsby

Oooooh! The Coca Cola Ad guy! I have been trying to figure out who he is.

1956 days ago

Sapphyre

How dumb can you be. She must have really wanted to marry him. Once he got tired of her stuff he kicked her to the curb.

1956 days ago

carbonk

gotta (L) smart prenups!

Mz. KittyBlack

Dang, Norma. You better go back to your country to be with your family. They bring you to America, then dump you.

Ed

GOOD FOR TYRESE! A SMART MAN SAVED FROM ANOTHER GOLD-DIGGER. IF ONLY MORE MEN DID THIS INSTEAD OF BEING PANSIES. MEN, ALWAYS GET A PRE-NUP!!! MARRIAGES DON'T LAST, AND IF YOU WATCH "CHEATERS", YOU KNOW WOMEN CHEAT.

noyankhere

i have no sympathy for the wife.. she signed the prenup so whos the idiot here then?

Shavone

Well he is a man with money and more to come protecting himself. She obviously agreed to it. Smart move.

miss sheree

To #9 and those who think like you....are you serious? You think men are the only people with financial assets at stake if a marriage goes bad? You think women don't love you - like Robin Gibson (Mel's wife) is a gold digger, really? She married the guy when he had nothing, zip, zero, nada.

Your ego is too big. And besides, even when women do truly love you guys, you find a way to screw that up and piss us off....can anybody say Brad and Jen + Angelina = messy divorce....not about money 'cause Jen has her own.

Grow up dude - and stop chasing model/hooker ho's who want ANYGUY for his money.....which you don't have anyways.

whocares

#9 - materialistic obviously is NOT what she is if she signed that piece of sh*#t pre-nump. Stupid is more like it. I'm all for them, but this one seemed so brutal.

ari'smom

Norma went into this with her eyes wide open. Good for Tyrese...keep what's yours and make her get her own. Being married for 10 months does not entitle her to half of his stuff.

kenya

I'm glad that Tyrese covered his ass. I think that comparing him to the Hulk Hogan and Mel gibson situations are wrong, Both Mel Gibsons wife and Hulk Hogan's wife have been tehre for years and they earned every penny.

Terri

Damn you women haters -- I hope the hell you're single and NOT out looking or dating for that matter. I've been working since the age of 14, didn't marry until the age of 27, had 1 child at 30, divorced at 44. I had 10 more years of work under my belt than my soon to be ex, and in our divorce neither of us went after either's retirements. I came away with very minimal child support only. Looking back, I'm somewhat disappointed in my decision to not seek spousal support, but at the time he was living on workman's comp so I didn't pursue it. I lost our home -- why? I could not afford a $1500 mortgage on my salary, albeit I had a good paying job, I could not afford that plus utilities and all the other bills. He ruined my credit, credit that I had established and maintained long before he came into my life. I'll stop at that. So you women haters, we are all not gold diggers, all not baby makers, we are all not out to get your damn money, we make our own money, we have our own credit, our own assets to protect AND WE MARRY YOU FOR LOVE, SECURITY, COMMON INTERESTS, ETC.

Tai316

Tyrese and Norma have a daughter together. So though she will not be getting any of his assets, he will have to pay child support.

What!!

Tyrese did the right thing by covering his ass!!! She was a fool to sign on those terms though. She doesn't really deserve to get much money out of the marriage because they were only married 10 months. She didn't get the change to earn her keep. I'll bet though if Tyrese had fooled around on her, it would be a different story. Sometimes you marry someone that you love but you just never fall in love with them! It happens.

shrugs

Thank you #76. 10 months people. She didn't get screwed. He didn't take anything from her. He didn't leave her with less than he found her. He obviously (and she probably did too) knew it wasn't going to last. I mean, he put a 10 year cap on the settlement. Sometimes things don't work out. In this case, it seems like Tyrese protected himself smartly from a situation that was apparently doomed. Not that she's a bad person. We don't even know how she feels about the settlement. Maybe she knows it's fair.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments