Joel Madden Gets Tit for Tat

4/27/2009 4:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe MaddenThe airline employee who made Joel Madden cover his tats before boarding a British Airways flight on Sunday in London is in deep trouble -- because B.A. is calling BS on him.

A rep for British Airways just straight up told us the employee is being reprimanded -- adding "we don't understand why the employee took it upon himself to enforce regulations that don't exist."

No word on the ink-hater's punishment -- but a date with Kat Von D sounds about right.

JustInTime

It was a public service...those tattoos are ridiculous.

Linz

I think these pics show the wrong brother. That's Benji, not Joel.

Bri

Ahhh....TZ does it again!
You may be a lawyer, but you aint no queen of all media.
Joel Madden story....Benji Madden photos....from your own story a few weeks back.

WELL DONE!!!!

Hahhahaha!

mike

sunny

He'll be one bad ass 85 year old in about 55 years! LOL

jandean61

HARVEY Y DIID U TAKE DOWN PEREZ HITLTON'S WEB LINK FROM YOUR BLOG ROLL ?

anon

there you go! now you have the right twin

Ken

SUE...................SUE..............SUE..............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PAP HATER

Whether you like tattoos or not, whether you like Joel Madden or don't like him, its wrong to discriminate against tattoos, religious wear, or any other personal body attire/art. What if next they would discriminate because they didn't like your hair color or anything else for that matter? This isn't the dark ages! I'm glad this guy is going to get some form of reprimand for his actions. If anybody reading this was put in the same situation for something so asinine they would be just as upset and embarressed. And FYI. Tattoos have been around for a long time and there is nothing wrong with them. If anyone has a problem with them then don't look. Problem solved.

cls

Mike E - I know several educated, articulate, intelligent individuals with tattoos, and I proudly count myself among them. It's people who type in all caps with erroneous punctuation that are usually not very educated.

Jake

Tats are UGLY and people who get them want attention and are insecure!!

abby

He should have put him in jail. Those are nasty!

nick

They both are losers so who cares.

bitzod

DAM he`s hot I wish I had my boner pills OR even my heart pills.

kat

"PEOPLE WHO GET TATTOOS ARE USUALLY NOT VERY EDUCATED, I CAN'T STAND TO WATCH BASKETBALL ANY LONGER , WHAT A POOR EXAMPLE FOR OUR YOUTH, I HAVE THREE SONS, AND I TOLD THEM IF THEY EVER GOT A TATTOO IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART. THEY HAVE NONE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Posted at 3:16PM on Apr 27th 2009 by MIKE"

And people who post comments in all caps aren't very educated either! If you have to "shout" to get your point across, you obviously are a very little man and from your comment, small minded!
This incident was a case of discrimination, most likely based on the overt religious symbols displayed since Great Britain has become a nation of apologists for Islamic extremists.

Signed,
A highly educated, post graduate degree holding, mature, tattooed mother of five ( two of whom are over 21, have tattoos and college degrees!)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments