Joel Madden Gets Tit for Tat

4/27/2009 4:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe MaddenThe airline employee who made Joel Madden cover his tats before boarding a British Airways flight on Sunday in London is in deep trouble -- because B.A. is calling BS on him.

A rep for British Airways just straight up told us the employee is being reprimanded -- adding "we don't understand why the employee took it upon himself to enforce regulations that don't exist."

No word on the ink-hater's punishment -- but a date with Kat Von D sounds about right.

Sara

Absolutely ridiculous! Power tripping BA employee!!

Christina

I hate that BA guy so much! How the hell could he do that to Joel? Hate the BA guy, LOVE Joel for ever

SoCal Razzles

Tattoos are way over hyped. No not everyone has them or likes them, but it's your body to do as you wish. I'll never get one and prefer non tattooed "natural" bodies, but that's my preference.

If it's nice work I can appreciate it as an art piece, but if it's fugly (like Benji's backside Franklin tat, ugh) I just feel sorry for the person who has to look at it every day.

hmmm..

#2 Mike.. What did your comment have to to with the violation of his rights? Your comment was not only ignorant, but erroneous. "People who have tattos are usually uneducated?" Your small mind is showing. You are carrying on in the footsteps of Archie Bunker. I feel sorry for your 3 sons if you are teaching them this kind of drivel.

Joanne

How can any woman want to have sex with a man with all those tattoos? Ugh..

Terri

WOW is what I have to say about your comments people and I read all of them. I have 1 tattoo and I love my tattoo of a teddy bears head. I hate needles however and it hurt to get it, I'd love another but I dunno if I ever will get another. It is art (as I see it). I admire tattoos (not all but most). It is about choice. I am not a fan of full body art, nor facial art. How does a woman have sex with a man with all those tats - thanks for the laugh on that comment. As for the comment regarding uneducated people having tattoos, you are a twit for saying that, although you certainly have the right to your opinion. Debating who holds or doesn't hold a degree yet has or doesn't have a tattoo is pointless, but would be absolutely useless to discuss with you considering your obvious opinion. I wonder what you think about the women and men that defend our country (and have for years and years) and how long they've been putting art on themselves? Tattoos symbolize all kinds of things for people that get them, from tragedy to triumph to memoralization and I love that about tattoos and I respect it. The British Airways employee should have been reprimanded!

Anita

GOOD CHARLOTTE ROCKS !!!!!
Best band Ever !!!!!!!

Anita

The BA employe overrected and should be fired. Joel Madden is ok in my book.

Anita

Joel is fine but his brother Benji is the sexiest rocker alive.
I wanna kiss on him and suck those hot tatts right off his hot bod.

Anita

I know they're twins. But when God created Benji he threw away the mold. Benji will always be the man of my dreams.

HOMO KILLER

Hey, stupid MIKE! You "right" in all caps because it's required for your job??? What, too much of an effort for you to spare the split second needed to press the Caps Lock key once? What is your job anyway? Punching the cash register at the Kwik-E Mart, probably.

And "write" is the correct spelling. Way to go, daddy Mike! If your kids need help for their homework I know several intelligent, successful, highly-paid people with tattooes who can tutor them on spelling.

Anita

Oh Benji, I love you.

marky spark

Listen, Blink182 was a decent band, but for gods sake why does this dudes 15 minutes keep going and going?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3