Julia Roberts

Pretty Woman,

Pretty Dirty Mouth!

4/28/2009 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Julia Roberts honored Tom Hanks at a Film Society of Lincoln Center event last night -- with a series of four-letter words you don't expect to hear from "America's sweetheart."

In the video, obtained by PopEater.com, Julia gets pretty damn raw -- in the Eddie Murphy sense of the word -- and she's almost as funny. Almost.

** Follow TMZ on Twitter -- CLICK HERE to check out our new page! **

Mr. X

She's a moron.

1917 days ago

Teresa

She has always been a potty mouth, no class whatsoever and a trashy example for her children. I don't know who has ever thought of her as America's sweetheart, certainly not anyone with half a brain....

1917 days ago

WTF

No matter how much "pretty woman" thinks she is above everyone and everything she is still southern white trash. the runaway bride finally bought a husband. by the way, did anyone ever see her pregnant??? maybe she bought her kids too.
she's just an old hag now. but I will give her credit for two movies: the pelican brief & erin broc.

1917 days ago

mom

Who posting about this video has never used the f-bomb in public? Private?

1917 days ago

lepiki

now that was funny and natural, sure sounds like the audience liked it...she won an oscar for playing a real life character Erin Brochovich whose language was just as bad...seems like she should do that more often.

1917 days ago

Mariah

60:

Yes, we cuss in private and public (in public mostly accidental for me). But I doubt most of us would get up in front of a microphone and cuss away--even trying to be funny. It's not like this was an accident. Once again, I think the majority of us would know our audience and the venue and the TYPE of event we were at. I might cuss at a birthday party speech for a friend, but likely NOT a wedding reception speech or a retirement party (or in this case, this was probably one of those "lifetime achievement" type things). Basically, we are saying this was an award ceremony in a serious venue. It would be like cussing at the Royal Albert Hall or something. Can you imagine an expletive-laden speech at an awards ceremony for a colleague of yours or your spouse's? I don't know, I am getting way too serious with this, I realize; I think it is because I have never really cared for her as a person (always love her movies, though, ironically). She just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry! LOL.

1916 days ago

That poor court monitor!

How completely narcissistic and inappropriate of Julia Roberts, who is turning into a complete caricature of herself. Hopefully, Tom and Rita Hanks were not offended by her performance of ME!!! Pathetic.

1916 days ago

That poor court monitor!

Julia Roberts, America's Guttermouth.

1916 days ago

MerdaMo

Never been a fan of Julia's or her horsey mouth - gross! When she lurched down the staircase in that "Ocean's" movie, my husband said, "Look! Jar Jar Bink's sister!' I've thought of her thus since. A no-class female.

1913 days ago