Man Buys Unitard,

Declares Himself

a Superhero

4/28/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_shadowhare_myspace_2-1This is either really, really noble -- or really, really stupid. Or both.

Some gangly dude in a spandex outfit who calls himself the "Shadow Hare" is roaming the streets of Cincinnati -- dedicated to ridding the city of evil-doers. Seriously.

Here's the catch -- he's 21-years-old, he's built like a math tutor, and he has no known super powers.

But Shadow Hare -- who refuses to reveal his true identity -- still bravely/stupidly patrols the streets, carrying legal items like handcuffs, tasers and pepper spray.

The guy even busted his shoulder trying to stop a guy from beating up a woman. And he hands out food to the homeless.

But he's not alone -- Shadow claims he's part of the "Allegiance of Heroes" which includes Aclyptico in Pennsylvania, Wall Creeper in Colorado and Master Legend in Florida.

Shadow Hare recently told WLWT that he's even teamed up with Mr. Extreme in California to "track down a rapist."

So the big question -- is he noble for standing up for good and trying to protect his community ... or is he just some delusional moron who's gonna hurt himself?

meg

HAAAAAA!
these guys are seriously delusional!

Nothing against masked vigilantes,
but this is just a bunch of out of shape douche bags, who probably got tired of playing dungeons and dragons and decided to run around the city in colored spandex....sad....so, so sad.

Though these guys are hilarious!
Too bad, there’s no real super hero alliance.
I mean, I could totally rally around some kind of "Watchmen" themed super hero group.
Honestly, no matter how ridiculously strange and insane these people must be. I could somehow always find a way to support a strong, ruggedly handsome man running around the city fighting crime, in tight pants and a cape.

But seriously! This guy even has a MySpace, where he posts updates on how much of a difference he is making, and what a great super hero he is. Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of being a hero, if you have to tell people that you are one? WTF?

1906 days ago

wtf

Bahahahaha! I don't know if its awesome or just plain sad.

abraham

I guess this is one of many ways a man can choose who is ready to out him self HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JM

i don't like the tone of this article. at least he's trying to make the world a better place, unlike your moronic website here. stick to what you know best, tmz, lawsuits and butts.

Chris

I like it. Now I can become a Super Villian!!!!!

tlynn

He's a f'n delusional crackpot! But don't worry, someone will clean his clock! WTF is this world coming too! ROFLMFAO at this one! I have to give it to you TMZ, you always somehow manage to find the rejects of society and makes us all laugh our asses off! Thanks for the humor of the day!

TA

Does anyone watch South Park because this sounds very familiar from one of this season's episodes!!!! Totally hilarious if that's what this guy is trying to do!

superchunk

I saw Mr. Extreme in his mask after a Padres game downtown. He was handing out granola bars and flyers or something.
A drunk guy asked him if he was still a virigin and to go get some beaver. Mr. Extreme looked pretty annoyed.

sceptre30

Pretty sad when your real life is ripping off a Southpark episode.........watch.......he'll get hurt and sue the makers of Southpark

DS

I = fan. Good for him!

To quote the comic KICK-ASS: "How come everybody wants to be Paris Hilton and no one wants to be Spider-Man?"

.:Loki 4Ever:.

exactly how is a math tutor built??

A fan

It's easy to make fun of people, but good on him for trying to make his community a better place.

CHS

Whatever anybody thinks of this guy,at least hes trying to to make a difference,even if its in a strange way.He may not be the best equipped person for the job,but maybe if its not a joke,he can bust even one person in the act,he has done better than most police officers.

howzUsay

He's got the right idea, I think. This method is just a questionable execution of that idea. I mean, yeah, he's probably gonna get hurt or whatever, but there is a battle between good and evil. And evil wins when good people do nothing.

sonja

Well I for one am delighted to hear about the "super heros" I support them one and all. I hope they all stay safe and never give up fighting for good, THERE GOOD INTENTIONS MAKE THEM ALL HEROS.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments