Sean Penn

She Can Pay Her Own Way

4/29/2009 4:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Penn has filed for legal separation from his wife, Robin Wright Penn -- again, and he's not about to start fronting her legal bills.

0429_sean_robin_launch_bn-1According to papers filed last week in Marin County Superior Court, Penn cites "irreconcilable differences." The couple was married 13 years and has two minor children.

Penn wants each party to pay for their own lawyers. And, he checked the box saying he wants the judge to terminate the court's power to award spousal support.

The couple announced they were divorcing in December 2007 -- but recanted four months later after changing their minds.

They list two minor children -- but Dylan Francis Penn just turned 18, so she's not a kid anymore. Just trying to be helpful....

flowerchild

He is turning out to be a narcisstic weasel. Robin Wright has probably been through sooo much crap, this may be the best
for her.

1939 days ago

gutsygirl

I heard he left Robin for Hugo Chavez.

1939 days ago

LOKI

She has always been a true beauty.

They say love is blind, so that must have been the reason she stayed with him.

For a few years, she was looking a little run down, but has come back shining.

Yes, I had a crush on her....ever since The Princess Bride.

She'll do just fine.

No comment on him....

LOKI

1939 days ago

Troubled in Alabama

I am so sorry to say, but I have never been a fan of yours. Never thought of you as good looking and never really enjoyed your acting abilities. In either case, I would just like for you to know that you are as "nasty" as I have always thought of you being. Thank you for making me "right"............

1939 days ago

nutcracker

they need to get it together for their kids......these two seem like very passionate people.....work it out sean you know you love her.......

1939 days ago

BILLYJOE

WHAT A SELFISH JERK. I HOPE SHE WRITES A TELL ALL BOOK ABOUT HIM AND IT SHOULDN'T BE TO FLATTERING.

1939 days ago

Courage

Do you have editors? Are they at all literate? I thought not. The couple "was married" 13 years and "has" two minor children????? Good God. Product of public schools are ya'?

1939 days ago

britbritisaskank

He is a super-talented actor, but so what? Why should talent excuse bad behavior? He has been a sleazy jerk his entire life. I sort of liked it when he married Madonna because I felt these two narcissists deserved each other. You can see how well that worked out. When he hooked up with Robin I could not believe it. Here was someone with class and intelligence, the complete opposite of Madonna. He may as well of hooked up with Reese Witherspoon, it was unbelieveable. Now he's proven he can't keep a first-class woman either. Stick with skanks Sean. I hear Britney is available.

1939 days ago

Alexa

Can't accuse him of being a gentleman, that's for sure. His children should be so proud of Daddy!

1939 days ago

jane

WHAT A PIECE OF SH*T THIS GUY IS. ROBIN GO AFTER HIM FOR EVERY POSSIBLE THING THAT YOU CAN GET OUT OF THIS THING CALLED A MAN...OH, HE'S NOT A MAN. HE'S MILK

1938 days ago

Rosemary

Robin should thank her lucky stars to be rid of that idiot!!! Pay her own legal fees???!!!! He's he kidding. What a douche bag

1938 days ago

jan

HE'S AN ASS!!!

1938 days ago

Roni in Downey

Spicoli acting like Spicoli.

1938 days ago

Manoomin

For all the commentors' bickering, I *highly* doubt that Robin Wright Penn would be suffering for anything materially without spousal support. The idea that she is the victim and he is the perpetrator when they seem to be *equally* participatory and competent members of the relationship is ridiculous.

1938 days ago

TEA in CA

Is anyone surprised? SP Is an Anti American IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!! Making her pay, what a LOSER!!!!!!!!! RP has paid enough over the last 13 years. Go back to Hugo C you Commie F#$%ER!!! Remember the Gov. will not help you, wake up USA. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!!!

1937 days ago