Swine Flu -- The '70s Edition

4/29/2009 6:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Check out these swine flu commercials from 1976 -- you'll think twice before you go outside, kiss your wife or breathe again.

Swine Flu FAQ

This is a very informative video........many thanks for letting the world community know more about the "Swine Flu"........recently I have heard that this dreaded disease has caused lots of panic among people in US & Mexico.........Its being spread to NZ & Spain.................Pls let people more about that part as well...........and pls let people know whether its going to enter Asia continent or whether its under control now..........by adding one more video on that as well.

1940 days ago

L. P.

What a creepy commercial.

1940 days ago

hahahaha!

scary thing is that now you will have everyone who gets a sniffle running to ER's and pediatricians at the drop of a hat to get tested whether they actually need medical treatment or not .. those that might have swine flu are going to spread it around even faster. Here in MA 40 people were teted for swine flu but only 2 kids who had actually been to Mexico and got sick had it, all the other suspected cases were the regular flu. This mad rush to 'test' is just going to spread it faster. Stay home unless you have a high fever or vomiting for more than 24hrs .. we've all had the flu before if you get worse or develope complications then seek medical assistance.

1940 days ago

Chris Brown is so last Year

Pathetic scare tactics ! Shots are hoaxes to make money, plus they can be very dangerous, I think it was reported more people die each year from flu shots than the actual flu! ....So if yer nervous, wash your hands, keep your fingers out of your ears and nose! and if you still get it, drink lots of fluids and eat fresh organic fruit and vegetables and you'll be fine in no time. Most people are finding it actually better than the regular flu, you don't even have to get hospitalized from it.

1940 days ago

chrisa

55 yrs. old???!!! HA! looks like he's 70, cripes.

seriously though, if there is going to be a pandemic that kills as swiftly as the 1900's spanish flu, it'll be from asia and of the avian variety. this current epidemic, borderline pandemic, is mild, compared to what s.a.r.s. was and what will inevitably hit us in the future.

1940 days ago

Whamo

That's some funny sh%t. Relax people we all going to die.

1940 days ago

Brad

Holy $%#t! I'm scared man! If it was that bad in the 70s, we're doomed man (referring to the paranoia, not the swine flu).

1940 days ago

Chris Brown is so last Year

cut and paste swine flu of 1976: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/29/Swine-Flu.aspx

"
Do you happen to recall the result of this massive campaign?

Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims who had suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths.

However, several hundred people developed crippling Guillain-Barré Syndrome after they were injected with the swine flu vaccine. Even healthy 20-year-olds ended up as paraplegics.

And the swine flu pandemic itself? It never materialized. "

1940 days ago

Chris Brown is so last Year

"But it does raise serious questions about where this brand new, never before seen virus came from, especially since it cannot be contracted from eating pork products, and has never before been seen in pigs, and contains traits from the bird flu -- and which, so far, only seems to respond to Tamiflu. Are we just that lucky, or... what?"*

okay, this sounds creepier than the ads, any truth to this??? didn't somebody really big way up have stocks in tamiflu?

1940 days ago

Swine!!!

he got swined!!

1939 days ago

james

The swine flu shot is just one of many ways you can protect yourself. consider reading up on it if you're really scared. I bought a book about the 70's epidemic the other day and was so inspired I decided to write an ebook about the current one. check it out on my site. not trying to make a huge about of money here, (but I do have to pay the hosting fees).

1939 days ago

james

Interesting article. Where I'm from people are freaking out about it too, so I created an ebook to help people out. You can download it a www.jamesryanhamilton.com/swineflu

1939 days ago

magentapyramid

Well, I guess we now know for sure - "What goes around, comes around"...

1939 days ago

lmk1979

creepy!!!

1939 days ago

Capt.Del

I am a researcher,a practitioner of quantum mechanics and an energy healer. I have done extensive research and all the homework and found an immunity to the swine flu virus.You will not catch the virus even if you're exposed to it.I am not selling anything and what i posted here is 100% true.For legal reasons i can not promise anything however,I can say that i am 100% confidant that i will be free from the swine flu virus with what i discoverd. I want to share this info with all for free. Just email me at energy1234@live.com and ask me how to do it. It is super simple. May good luck and happines always be with you and with those that you love,

1937 days ago