Nas -- Hiding a Divorce Secret

5/1/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

His wife Kelis filed for divorce yesterday -- but judging by Nas's deflated demeanor outside Madeo earlier this week, he definitely knew it was coming.

Nas: Click to watch
Just three days before his pregnant wife filed the papers, a seemingly depressed Nas could barely form sentences outside the restaurant, clearly upset about something. But looking back, it's obvious why the rapper wasn't himself that night.

Nas was having dinner his friend Michael Rapaport, who, while talking about prop 8, prophetically warned our photog "With marriage comes divorce."

Turns out he was right.

king112

gosh!
i cant bliv this, for d first time i thought i saw 2 celebs in love
nas speaks about k alot on his albums, i thot they were 2getha 4ever types

1902 days ago

Tamara La Salle

Wow he does look sad. I wish them both the best

mssea

Hey people relationships are hard. Marriages are even tougher. I mean you can't really blame anyone sometimes it just doesn't work. It's not necessarily anyone's fault. Kelis seems really strongminded so once she set her mind to something it doesn't seem like it's no stopping her, but they both should reconsider. Marriage is for better or worse don't give up.

fromkellytowilliams

I heard the girl lives in va let me find out he be hangin out here I need to hurry up and get a divorce so I can holla lol she is prego so they may make up after the baby is born because she is hormonal and pregnant women arnt always in there right mind I hope he didnt cheat and she just thinks he did because I admire him so much it would honestly hurt me and to all the people that dont no who nas is he is hip hop he is a legend I still bump his older cds in my car let me help yall out check out either, nastradamus, project windows, if I ruled the world, one mic youtube them you will see

becca

that's so sad. i really liked them together.

1910 days ago

Love2Love

He should have left her a long time ago, she was just using him... She's a has been and always will be, she thinks this will bring fans arunning.. doubt it, she still a nobody.. was just Nas wife..

1910 days ago

jene

Aww I feel so bad.My poor baby. I love Nas.

1910 days ago

artie help

TOOSOFTFORYOU,peace sister. just be a lil cooler . Sure you're fast,but don't be so douchey,you obnoxiuos bitch.

1910 days ago

RIP MIKE

AWWW he does look sad .. it does seem like he loved her and she just did use him.. last year according to Wendy Williams Kelis had a sex tape floating around and the man was not Nas. I'll be your next wifey Nas!!!

1910 days ago

Kris

TMZ needs to get a hold of the divorce papers...Vibe has 'em and they give a date of marriage as July 2003 but they've always publicly said they got married January 2005...weird?

1910 days ago

Love2Love

WIldchild!! What do u know??? Does ur opion matter!!! NOBODY's does, we can all comment as much as we want!

1910 days ago

eb

Stars must have aligned because last night I saw that video of "my milkshake is better than yours" video.

1910 days ago

danielleinqueens

Sad to hear, but I always thought he was too talented, too good looking and over all to good for her. He should move on too someone on his level, not a one hit wonder

1909 days ago

Tia

Other websites reported that Kelis said that Nas was verbally abusive and he cheated on her. I'm sure Nas isn't the only person that's done wrong, though but to be honest I don't know what really happened within their marriage and that's a good thing because it's really none of our business, but as a person that's seen them together in person, I think they really loved one another. Hell, one website even says that even after filing for a divorce - Kelis and Nas still love one another!

If cheating and verbal abuse are the only problems, they should consider counseling. It sucks to see any marriage end and I really loved seeing those two together. I hope that after the baby is born they can get it together.

Also, Kelis is not a has been. Both Kelis and Nas are equally as talented, and they both make great music. Neither one of them needed to use the other for more fans.

1909 days ago

Omo

i feel for my man NAS , after all he his done for her.

1909 days ago