That's Incredible!

5/1/2009 2:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 67-year-old resurfaced backstage at "American Idol" with Paula Abdul this week, looking unbelievable.

John Davidson

John was voted best looking in his high school yearbook.

In 1977, Davidson was the headlining act at Kentucky's Beverly Hills Supper Club the night a fire burnt it down and claimed the lives of 165 people.

Hucklebunnie

Dude!!! I got his autograph when I was like 7!! He was at LAX and my Mom made me go over there. I remember he had a HUGE beltbuckle that said Davidson.

1938 days ago

KateHater

Does anyone else think he looks like Cathy Lee Crosby?

1938 days ago

Shane

OMG I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid!!! My sisters and I would do impressions of him and the other hosts on "That's Incredible" during the introduction when they'd all walk up to the front of the audience, smile, point and wave at audience members!!! LOL! Hilarious! What a sweetheart. He still looks good. I wish him a long and happy life!

1938 days ago

L

The man is more talented now, than ever. Family audiences love him. He doesn't just sing, he plays a number of musical instruments and does comedy. my wife went to high school with him in White Plains NY. His father was a Baptist minister. He sang all the time. They all knew he was very talented. These days he seems very relaxed on stage. He also has enough hair for 10 guys!

L

Hold on there! I can't believe what I'm reading on this board. A lot of those facts are just wrong! This man did not back stab Mike Douglas. Metro media the company which syndicated the Mike Douglas show (which was produced and taped in Philly), dropped Mikes show. They then created a new talk show that was to be taped in LA. They signed John Davidson to host that show. John Davidson then had his own talk show. But fans wouldn't watch because of the rumor tha he took Douglas show away from him.
Mike moved his show to LA and continued with another syndication company. It was Merv who was at the top at that time. Markets that didn't have Merv wanted talk shows that would compete with him. Well, Merv stayed on top. Being tha he produced his own show, Merv stayed on until he only ran in a few markets and then retired.
That's TV history friends. I know! I was there!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3