Comedian Robert Schimmel Busted

5/2/2009 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert SchimmelComedian Robert Schimmel was arrested this morning for allegedly committing felony domestic violence.

Cops got a call to come to Schimmel's Calabasas home at around 12:30 AM. They observed physical marks on his wife. Law enforcement tells us there was an argument that allegedly turned violent.

Schimmel, a big comic who has appeared on Howard Stern's show many times, is being held on $50,000 bail.

Samantha

Robert, I used to have some respect for you. I loved your book and I loved when you were on the Bob and Tom show. You could survive cancer but couldn't keep your hands to yourself? Not only have you (allegedly) harmed your wife that you've called your soulmate, but the mother of your two miracle children. And you've hurt your older children by association. I thought you were one of the good guys.

I guess we won't be seeing much of you in Indianapolis any more. I sincerely doubt Bob and Tom would have you back on their show after this, unless it's to grovel. I know you play Stern, but at least in the Midwest, you've alienated your B&T audience.

2008 days ago

Samantha

@Janny #18 -- If his wife is a golddigger, it's his fault he picked her. She worked with his eldest daughter and they were best friends when Robert met her. He left her for a time during his cancer battle and then returned because he felt so strongly about their relationship. Someone in the earlier comments has mentioned that perhaps there was outside influence on things. We won't know, but I can tell you that if he has indeed committed a felony crime, he will be collecting CDs, books, etc for hospitals for a long, long time. I am very familiar with Robert through his book and many appearances on the Bob and Tom show, and I am actually very upset to hear this.

2008 days ago

veryprettybrowneyedgirl

TO POSTER #18 JANNY:

I AM A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MYSELF. ARE YOU?

HAVE YOU HAD A MAN'S HANDS AROUND YOUR NECK, TRYING TO BREAK IT IN HALF? ALL BECAUSE HE IS IN A DRUNKEN RAGE?

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR JAW BROKEN FROM ONE PUNCH?

HAVE MANY BRUISES FROM A MAN? FILED FOR DIVORCE AND PUT THE MAN IN JAIL FOR DOING THIS TO YOU?

HAVE YOU HAD TO GET A PFA AGAINST SOMEONE FOR HURTING YOU?

TALK TO STATE/CITY POLICE, BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID WHEN HE GETS OUT OF JAIL, HE MAY COME FIND YOU AND KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?

NO...THERE ARE NO TWO SIDES IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, MY DEAR. IT'S JUST THE ONE SIDE. A WOMAN BEING BEATEN FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU SAY WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT "BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT". UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH IT PERSONALLY---AND NOT THROUGH HERESAY---, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT YOUR'E TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!.

2008 days ago

Janny

To #21.
Actually I am a victim of domestic violence,that's why I divorced my first husband,but I'm not a judge.I guess you think you are.

2008 days ago

veryprettybrowneyedgirl

TO JANNY:

THANK YOU--WHEN IT COMES TO MATTERS SUCH AS THIS, I AM VERY MUCH!

ANYONE IN AN ABUSIVE SITUATION SHOULD CALL 911, OR THE NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE AT 1-800-799-SAFE(7233)

2008 days ago

Linda Mott

Alleged BUM!

2008 days ago

Benny Barnes

That's what I said, he is the VOICE of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. But that's a great point S. Patron ..... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!! BA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

2008 days ago

Janny

To Judge Brown Eye,
Like I said I don't condone any man hitting a woman for any reason,I think Chris Brown should be locked up for a long time,we saw the pictures of Rhianna,looks like the punk beat the hell out of her to me,but I call that evidence,you can see what he did to her.
I haven't seen pictures of what Robert Schimmel alledgedly did to his probably soon ex-wife,as far as I'm concerned,at this point these are allegations and won't hold up in court without EVIDENCE.I can so see you in a lynch mob.Keep on keeping on.

2007 days ago

deek

Maybe she told him the truth - that he ain't remotely funny. What a loser he is.

2007 days ago

veryprettybrowneyedgirl

Wow. What a man! But, he's "FAMOUS", so what he "ALLEGEDLY" did to his wife doesn't matter because we haven't seen the photos yet....??????

Get real.

2007 days ago

Ronn Duncan

Right away I can tell you something about her :
SHE DOESN'T LISTEN!

2007 days ago

neighbor

It would be interesting to see the photos of Robert as it's been reported that his wife actually beat the crap out of him. He was bleeding profusely when he was arrested and the police did not even see his wife. She was not the one who called the police.
There is no excuse for any many to hit any woman - but it is too soon to judge. Don't forget the word alleged.

2007 days ago

Heene

I saw an episode of Howard Stern with this guy and his wife on. The lady basically admits to being a no good cheater. Instead of hitting her he should have taken her out in a boat and she could have accidentally drowned. Whores, who cares if they drown to death? Not me.

2007 days ago

You don't have the facts!

You are all so judgmental. Just because the police say it doesn't make it true. And he looks like that because he's 60 and a cancer survivor. His wife is half his age and in perfect health.

2007 days ago

Dan R.

I just saw this moron at a comedy show 2 weeks ago!! What a waste of money!! The opener was a million times funnier and half way through this guys act people were heckling him because he was so bad! Don't waste your money on this wife beater.

2006 days ago