David Cook: My Brother Died Yesterday

5/3/2009 2:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

During a heartfelt speech at the 12th annual Race for Hope event in Washington, D.C. this morning, David Cook announced the passing of his 37-year-old brother Adam.

Adam Cook died yesterday after a long battle with brain cancer.

MN

Sandy Box-you are the PATHETIC one with your shameful comment.

1943 days ago

Patricia

David,
I am so sorry for your loss.. I don't personally know you but from what I've seen and heard...Adam had a GREATbrother. He was lucky to have such a loving family for what time he did have. You made THAT time count, and that is what matters. Just take a deep breath. You will get through this. Maybe it is destiny that put you where you are today. You are in a pretty good situation to help the cause. I know you know what I mean.

A loving fan that went to your private concert in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Patricia

1943 days ago

notafan

I remember on Idol when his brother suprised him in the audience and they said he had brain cancer. How awfully sad it was to me. I am very sad to hear of his passing. David is a amazing entertainer and I hope only the best for him and his family. I too have lost quite a few family members to cancer. David live for your brother, keep his memory alive with your love of him..........

1938 days ago

Vicki

SAQUISHA-MISHA....you are an AZZ.....David LOVED his brother...as those of us who followed David's career came to do, also....and as far as the Gokey person...he couldn't lick David Cook's bootstraps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Learn about music....or whatever else you wanna bytch about!!!!
David Cook is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1935 days ago

Vicki

RIP, Adam!!!! David...you do what you do...which is thrill the living with the gift God gave you and you have honed....SINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Adam will look down on you and smile...and the world will love you both!!!!!!
Oklahoma loves you, David...and ALL the Cooks!!!!!!
Huggles!
Vicki

1935 days ago

MarCanada

As American Idol gets ready to crown a new member of the Idol family - and that should rightly be ADAM LAMBERT - even Adam looks back at the trailblazing that David Cook did in adding some creativity to the Idol stage. I was a David Cook fan from his Living on a Prayer audition for Idol. His love of his brother Adam - with AC on his guitar - wearing bracelets in honour of at children with cancer and his infectious voice and intelligence have certain placed him in great esteem to well mor than 9,000 people, including myself! Bless you and your family David, and keep making "noise." Can't wait to see you on the Idol stage again Wednesday night when ADAM LAMBERT is crowned the new Idol!

1933 days ago

TheUnknownSometimesIsBest

The camera person needs some schooling "how to keep the filming shake-free"...For my eyes sake!!!! Cut back on the COFFEE !!!!!!!!

1932 days ago

ELIZABETH

SEE, THIS IS THE TYPE OF THING YOU SHOULD BE WRIITING ABOUT, AND MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS GO OUT TO DAVID COOK AND HIS FAMILY.

1917 days ago

the sea

Who's David Cook?

1948 days ago

idletard

Constantine Maroulis paved the way for men like David Cook and Chris Daughtry. I am so sorry for David. I am as huge a fan of his as I am of the incomparable Constantine Maroulis! My name is ANGIE and I love that BIG GREEK GOD!

1948 days ago

debv

Rest in Peace Adam.....my sincerest condolences to David and the Cook family and friends...

1948 days ago

Paula

This is why I am such a huge fan of David Cook. He's an amazing person. Love this man.

1948 days ago

Jasmine

aw that's sad!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU ON THIS PAGE AND EVERYONE!

1948 days ago

speakergirl

I'm not the biggest David Cook fan out there, but wow. What can you even say about a guy like him? Professional, dedicated, and amazing. He just brought me to tears. My thoughts and love with him and his family today.

1948 days ago

Joan

Hearing that speech broke my heart... so sad.

My thoughts and prayers are with David and his family.

1948 days ago