David Cook's Brother Dies

5/3/2009 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Cook's brother Adam has died after a long battle with brain cancer.

According to David's official website, the "American Idol" winner announced his brother's death before the Race for Hope -- a 5k run which benefits brain cancer research -- in Washington, D.C. today.

Adam was 37.

alexis

David Cook is amazing, i watched his whole season of american idol and i dont believe anyone will top his performances.. I am so sorry to hear about his brother this is heartbreaking. No one should have to go through that. RIP AC

1961 days ago

davidcookfan1

David if you are reading this, I am so sorry for you and your family. I know you must be hurting right now. I wish there was something I could do. I will keep yall in my prayers. Take care of eachother. And remember the great times, and the funny times together. I hope that helps. By the way, awesome that you did the race. Totally theraputical I think. I am sure it was something that motivated you all the way to the end.
You are so amazing David. Just remember Adam isnt suffering anymore, and is watching over you. His spirit stays close to you and gives you great peace with his passing.
God bless you.

By the way, when you were on Idol, my fav performance from you was Music of the night. Totally awesome vocal. Just like Randy said.
Take care.
From your biggest fan!!!!
Cindy Dill

1959 days ago

Suzanne

David~
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved brother, Adam. I know only too well how painful it is to watch a sibling vanish before your eyes when you tried so hard to keep them here out of love. I lost my sister to Leukemia 4 years ago. The years may come & go but I'm sure you'll keep Adam's memory so alive as you reach out to the world in his absence. I think you are an awesome human being and the greatest American Idol there is.
Suzanne

1949 days ago

beth

David,
So sorry for the loss of your brother. My sister has Glioblastoma IV, diagnosed last October. Thank you for Permanent and for sharing with all of us your dedication to this disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you

1932 days ago

Paula

So sorry for your loss David, words cannot express how much I feel for you and your family. Love you, RIP AC

1967 days ago

LLD

This is so heartbreaking! God bless !

1967 days ago

aim4krissy

I am so heartbroken over your loss.... no words can take away the pain, but know you and your family are in our thoughts, hearts and prayers...

1967 days ago

Rip M 2 Shreds

Very tragic, God Bless.

1967 days ago

420 GIRL

Sad, R.I.P.

1967 days ago

Analog Heart

I learned about this earlier this morning. I am a huge fan of David's and have always felt touched by him and his love for his brother.

I hope David is doing well, as this is a very tragic loss. I'm glad that he still made it to the race in DC today and that his fans helped him raise over $90,000 towards brain cancer research.

1967 days ago

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Cancer suxs, at least this poor soul is no longer suffering. Time helps heal the pain for the family and friends.

1967 days ago

Ellelque

Sorry for you and your families loss David. I know he was dear to your heart, so he became dear to my heart. Rest in Peace.

1967 days ago

Ladylansing

David you have always shown love for your brother and that i know will still shine through you. RIP and Godbless David's brother Adam, you will live on in David's heart.

1967 days ago

sue8997

David, My deepest sympathies to you and yours. God Bless You.

1967 days ago

david cook rocks

I'm so sorry my heart and prayers go out to the cook family

1967 days ago