Miss Vietnam USA Claims Pageant No Pay Her

5/3/2009 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Yen LeCongratulations Miss Vietnam USA -- you've just won $10,000 (which you're not getting) and a new car (which you have to finance yourself).

According to a lawsuit filed earlier this week in Orange County, Yen Le -- who was crowned Miss Vietnam USA in November 2007 -- is suing the pageant organizers because she alleges she was supposed to receive $10,000 and a new Mercedes for winning.

Now get this -- not only does she claim she never got the $10K, but she says the pageant made her lease the car in her own name ... and then they defaulted on the payments.

She's suing for over $50K in damages, plus interest, attorneys' fees and court costs.

poopsoup

Vietnam USA? When did Vietnam become the 51st state.....

veryprettybrowneyedgirl

Truth Of Justice post #27.....

Jeez, LIGHTEN UP ALREADY, you gave me a headache with that manifesto you posted. Don't spend so much time online. Get outside in the sunlight or something! Maybe your life's outlook will change.

THIS IS A TABLOID SITE...what do you EXPECT?

LongJohn69

They told her....."We no pay you...long time."

pb88

TMZ ... the headline struck me as very derogatory at first read. I'm not Asian, but I found it offensive. It's hard to believe it got through the editor(s) considering how TMZ is the first to publish another's ill-choice of words. While you can fix the headline, the damage is done and an apology should be printed.

jlee

I'm with #5 - not cool even for you

SUN

I wonder if TMZ, would post a derogitory saying if the prson/story was about a black person?

LOKI

"No money, no funny. Me not love you long time."

LOKI

scarlett

Vietnamese people are famous for trying to skirt the rules. They cannot wait to get to this country, and then they try to grab anything they can, regardless of the rules or law.

Marty? Is that you?

#11: I definitely agree. i can't believe they were all over Miley Cyrus for mocking Asians and then put a headline like this!!!!

TruthofJustice

This is a comment I posted an hour ago, and TMZ took it down.

I guess they didn't like that somebody finally put them in their place,

or they don't want their viewers to know the truth of how they really are.

What good does it profit a man to try and impress the boss with his "wit"

But to piss of the entire world in return

I guess at this point, we should no longer be surprised.

We already know what we're here for, and we already know what TMZ
does. And perhaps, sometimes, even they may foolishly be caught up
in their own sensationalism, while trying to make a product that they
think appeals to the masses and the people in it. We should no longer
feel surprised when we see them do something utterly repulsive and
offensive.

It's what they're famous for.

Are they doing it just for the money? Is it their own fame that they
gain through the exploitation,
and without the consent, of others?
Is it because they think that's all we want from our entertainment?
Or are they just trying to keep us in the place where we are, still
ignorant, and in many ways, still wrong.

I think in the end, anything TMZ does, is just a reflection of
ourselves. Yes, they can cross the line too, just as we as people
cross the line in our day to day mistakes and dealings with one
another. Our world is about all the wrong things, and all the people
in it seem to be focused on the wrong things.

We are absolutely horrible in our treatment of others, and especially
horrible in our treatment of others that we may feel aren't "like" or
don't "look like" ourselves. I have many friends who are Asian, and
they suffer daily taunts even to this day, even from grown
individuals. Some of them have even been assaulted for nothing other
than being Asian, while those mocking always mock the same ignorant
characteristics. "Open your eyes" with the famous Miley slant, or
"You no speaka English". Come up with something more creative,
because you are only showing your own ignorance.

I don't even fault Miley Cyrus. She is just a young girl, who has
grown up in a racist society, and a racist industry that prevents her
from properly educating herself, while prohibiting the growth of her
soul..

She is only doing what she knows, which young people at that age
still do. She is only repeating things she has probably seen all her
life from the people she works with in the industry, or her friends
and sadly, maybe even members of her own family..

And yet, all the comments on that photo said, "Oh, it's no big
deal!"... "Oh, people are just crying over nothing. Get over it"
"Haha.. I think it was actually funny"... "Asians have slanted eyes,
so what!" and some comments were even violent, and spewing the same
ugly hatred that everybody seems to be spewing these days. Either
because they hate themselves, their lives, or the world they live in,
and can't wait to take it out on anybody, because they can't deal with
themselves. Hate is more fun.

If Miley did something that would have had Al Sharpton up her ass...
now there would've been problems.

But make fun of Asians, and it's okay.

I think in the end, all we see, is that we live in a foolish world,
with foolish people catering to our own foolish desires

jd

"no pay her?" Do you realize that is racist? Do you think it's funny? like "me love you long time" wake up you idiots. Who the hell do you think you are? Get a life!

LadyG

Miss Vietnam U.S.A. Miss Black America. Try having a Miss White America pageant and see how far you get. And people wonder why race is still and issue in this country.

Skank

OMG! That title is HILARIOUS!!! That's what made me read the article, hahahaha!!! Her Daddy MUST have been white! She no look all asian!!! I don't believe her at ALL!

Skank

YOU People need to get over it! It's funny in a MOVIE and no one says anything! Get over yourself! Political correctness is getting way out of hand!

Susan

This is the most racist thing I have ever seen. No more TMZ for me... Only X17online..U guys have gotten out of hand.