Anderson Cooper:

Oh Daddy!

5/5/2009 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Look at that adorable face ... and the baby is pretty cute too!

media_removed.jpg

While out in Beverly Hills with a friend, Anderson Cooper showed off his paternal side -- and his legs -- by holding a baby in his buff arms.

Coop can cover even the most sensitive of topics.

The 1 & Only

"I have to disagree about Anderson being narcissistic. He has always struck me as low key and fairly modest and someone who gets uncomfortable if too much attention is on him. He always tries to steer the conversation away from himself when someone gets too gushy about him. AC could be a lot worse ego-wise considering his background, but he seems like a nice, grounded guy."

You're right. That was just Anderson trying to knock himself down a bit. That sexy stud.

Annie

He smells like a freshly scrubbed little boy. Kind of like plain old soap. I've smelled him.

The 1 & Only

"a freshly scrubbed little boy"

That is such a funny description.

"He's actually not that great looking in person, pale, skinny, skin stretched too taught over his face. Nice eyes though."

On the contrary, I've heard lots of people say he actually looks better in person. I doubt his skin is stretched too taut over his face. He looks pretty good in the studio and especially when he's reporting outdoors. Did you see the way he looked on Monday. I think that was the most gorgeous I've ever seen him.

"He seems like the saddest guy in the world. Probably because he has all these secrets."

That makes me sad. I hope that's not true. Everyone has secrets.

"He needs to get over himself. He just reports the news, he isn't the news. If you can't be truthful about your life, then I suppose it's because you're ashamed of who you are or what you've done."

No, I think he's ok. Obviously I think he's great. Anyway, you're making me sad. I sure hope he doesn't feel anywhere near as sad/unhappy as you describe him. If I had to guess - I'd say that he was not extremely happy or not extremely sad. I think he's probably somewhere in the middle. I bet he thinks he should be grateful for everything that life has provided him, but at the same time he wants more. Not material things -but just more out of life. I think he goes looking for it with those stories he covers. I think he needs to make that connection with people. I don't know. I think he wants/needs something deeper and he's already gone so deep - how can you find anything deeper? I think he has to have some sort of religious/spiritual beliefs or he'd drive himself crazy with the thoughts that he has.

Anyway, this is TMZ. This conversation isn't supposed to be this deep.

Annie

He's not that articulate. He says "um" all the time. As far as the best-selling book he had more than one editor which is always a red flag that says "we really had to work hard to clean up the mess". When you are offered a million dollar advance without having to write as much as a one-page book proposal that says more about the position he was born into than his writing talents.

I've edited other people's work so I look very closely at style - especially in informal posts such as blog posts. He's better than your average Joe but he's no Pulitzer candidate. His writing is like his mom's - it gets mileage from the subject matter, not the writing itself. His father was actually very articulate and he created some prose that flowed quite beautifully.

Anderson's co-worker? Surely you jest. You couldn't pay me enough to work for that show. Two years ago I might have done it, but they've descended into mediocrity. He'd have to beg me to work for him now.

The 1 & Only

The only thing deeper would be having a baby - a new life to guide and to nourish. A little innocent person to love unconditionally and who loves you unconditionally (at least until they're a teenager). I think he would feel empty if he didn't eventually have a child.

Annie

One and only, you are wrong.

Not everyone has secrets. Some of us live our lives grateful for waking up in the morning, just trying to be good people and hoping to see God when we die.

Annie

OK one and only, now you are really full of sh*t.

If you can't find that deeper meaning within yourself BEFORE having kids, you have no business having kids.

The 1 & Only

Well geez KT. You'd probably depress the whole 360 staff if you worked there.

Everyone has secrets - whether they are in the form of "I'm doing this thing and I don't want anyone to find out" or in the form of fears and concerns that we all have but that we don't always go around telling everyone. Secrets don't have to be salacious altho I'm sure TMZ would prefer reporting on those types of secrets.

The 1 & Only

"You don't bring a child into this world to GET something out of it. You bring a child into this world because you want to GIVE."

People have kids for all sorts of reasons. For a combination for reasons - for them and for the kids. It would be nice to think that everyone is 100% selfless in their quest to have kids, but that's definitely not reality. They want the joy and satisfaction of raising kids as much as they want the children to grow, play, be happy, and be loved. And you know - there's nothing wrong with that.

The 1 & Only

It's not always possible to find 'peace' within yourself before you have a child. Finding 'peace' is a journey. It's like a lifelong task. One just doesn't say "I've found peace and now it's time to have a baby." Most people start having kids in their 20's and 30's. You'd have to go a long way to convince me that people in their 20's & 30's have actually found peace.

Annie

Well, no chance I'll ever be working at 360 so they don't have to worry about me depressing them. Their ratings on the other hand...

In my observation, this world would be entirely less F'd up if people would approach the subject of having children as an act of selfless altruism. The people that have children to fit in or to fill something missing in their lives tend to be lousy parents.

A child's shoulders are very small. Big expectations like that should not weight them down. I don't care what the reality of the world is. I know what the ideal is and I don't settle for less.

The 1 & Only

Well, I was simply speculating about Anderson. I have no idea if that is his kid or if he wishes it were his kid. I've never talked to him or had the chance to smell him like you have. If Anderson wanted to have a baby, that would be fine by me. In fact, I don't think he would care what I thought about the issue. Like everyone else, I'm sure he'd have a combination of reasons for wanting to have kids. I'm sure he'd try to be the perfect father... But no one's perfect. You can just give it your all and love that child more than anything else in the world. I think he would be a great dad. Again, this is just speculation as Anderson and I haven't had "the talk."

The 1 & Only

"A.H." you're getting on my nerves. If 'Anderson' didn't have a kinky side, we'd probably think he was strange since almost everyone has a kinky side. We know he's not a monk. Plus his female fans are not stupid.

He doesn't have a big nose, his writing is fine, his male & female fans all love him without having to think he's innocent, so maybe Anderson should shut up and enjoy his weekend.

The 1 & Only

I had a dream a couple of days ago that I was in a threesome with Anderson and Julio. I have this dream about once a month. Sometimes it's just Anderson, but then I add Julio to spice it up. Do you think this dream means anything?

The 1 & Only

Also - why would Anderson later have a wife if he were gay? Don't you think that would be a dumb decision for him to make? He can stay single, have his baby, spend time with the baby, be friends with the mom, work, and carry on with his life without beating himself up that he isn't perfect.

"I used to think Anderson was this sensitive, shy guy, but the more I hear him and hear about him the more I realize that he is just using that persona to get attention. "

So are you saying that Anderson is really mean, aggressive, and a total fake? There is nothing about his reporting or hosting 360 that bears any truth to what he's really like? Does he have compassion for other people? Or are you saying that is lie?

And I'm not sure what KT's problem is. He/she obviously knows Anderson. Why are you so concerned about their ratings anyway?

And you know - whatever Anderson thinks of his life - I'm sure its a lot more interesting than mine. I think he probably works a little too much but I guess that's his thing - so he doesn't have to think about life too much.