Dom DeLuise Dies

5/5/2009 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've just learned that Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.

His family just released this statement: "It's easy to mourn his death, but easier to remember a time when he made you laugh."

Launch Photos

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

David Swindell

Xistennz99, you don't know what you are talking about Dom was the Voice of Pizza The Hut. As you say, google it! RIP Dom, you were a very funny man. We will miss you.

1933 days ago

Bu

Always fun. Always funny. God is laughing up in Heaven!

1933 days ago

crstardust

A wonderfully funny, gentle spirit.....am missing you already!!!! You were a breath of fresh air!!!

1933 days ago

manager2009

this is to Xistenz99 according to IMDB Mr.Deluise was in fact in Spaceballs as the voice of Pizza the Hut so TMZ was correct in that manner.You will be missed mr.Deluise RIP

1933 days ago

SteveH

To Xistenz99 If you do a search on Dom in Spaceballs you will see that he was the voice of "Pizza The Hut" you dumb.ass Get facts right ok idiot

1933 days ago

R. Millar 'The Gimp'

Dom's sense of humor and comedic timing always made me laugh, mostly till I cried. His part in 'Stargate SG-1' was a real hoot and classic DeLuise style. It is a shame that Hollywood is pushing so much 'trash comedy' and not developing the true comedic talent sans crassness. His talent for subtle and overt 'laugh science' will not be seen again. He will be missed by more than he knew. Rest in Peace 'Old Great Talented One'. I'll light a candle in your memory.

1933 days ago

Connie

Dom was one of my favorite actors..... he will be missed
I was shocked at the news...
My Thoughts and Prayers are with his family

RIP Dom

1932 days ago

John McLaughlin

I have on tape a Retro-mercial of Dom in his chef's hat for Koepplinger's bread..at the end he says," let me spell it for you, B R E A D...laughed so hard... he will be missed.

1932 days ago

Barbara L.

Responses to “R.I.P. Dom DeLuise”
CelebNewsWire
7:55 AM on Tue May 05, 2009
I will always think of his Ziploc commercials with tenderness.

Victor
8:05 AM on Tue May 05, 2009
Speaking of which. I found one the YouTubes.

Reply inkedweezel
10:15 AM on Tue May 05, 2009
HE WASN’T IN BLAZING SADDLES!!!!!!

inkedweezel
10:16 AM on Tue May 05, 2009
OK for like one minute at the very end.

Barbara L.
10:45 AM on Wed May 06, 2009
There was always something so special and warm and wonderful about Dom DeLuise. His personality came through in his delightful humor. I always loved seeing him on television or in films. I remember so many truly funny moments he gave to his audience. I remember especially a ‘bloopers’ show outtake taken from one of his films. In character, he was looking for another character named John Meninis (guessing on the spelling). But every time he said the name Meninis he broke down in laughter himself. It puts me in mind of all those inappropriate moments in life when I know I should show some decorum but something strikes me funny and all I can do is laugh. And I always laughed with Mr. DeLuise He struck my funny bone and also my heart with his decency and warmth. I am so sorry to learn of his passing and want to send my sincere condolences to his family.

1932 days ago