Dom DeLuise Dies

5/5/2009 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've just learned that Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.

His family just released this statement: "It's easy to mourn his death, but easier to remember a time when he made you laugh."

Launch Photos

RACHEL

WE ALL GOTTA DIE SOMEDAY.. MOVE ON!

Ron

So sad, you entertained me since I was a kid and your works were so great. We miss you Dom, there will never be another you!

Cary

An enormous talent for the ages. Dom will always be remembered for the laughter that he provided. He will never be replaced!

P. D. Baer

Thats not Dom Deluise.. thats Enricho Polazzo!

Boogie

R.I.P. Dom Delouise! You were awesome in C B 1 & 2 !

JuJuB

What a tragic loss for the entertainment world and all of us who absolutely loved your work. I for one will miss you. Have a great time in Heaven and I'll see you there.

benton crawford

Another great man is gone ,but not forgotten, R.I.P. Dom until we laugh with you in heaven

starrocka

Captain U.S.A. da da daaaa! Dom, you are such a riot. You are one stellar actor and comedian extraordinaire. Your humorous ways always have made us laugh real hard. It's a trip to see you on the screen. R.I.P. They broke the mold when you were born. You are truly a one of a kind superstar. James

Not Marc

Marc Stevensen is still a grocery bagger. You can tell by his writing ability.

Thetan Mapother

he died from blubberosis, the fat pig

Durwood Fincher

DR. SEUSS SAID IT BEST-----"DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER, SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED."

A TOAST...........TO THE ORIGINAL MR. D.

Colleen

This man was truly a legend at the best at what he did. He made comedy and food fun. RIP Dom we will miss you and I hope that your children will carry the torch.

Buster

This really sux. Rest in Peace sir.

BCap

I remember seeing Mr. Deluise and Ruth Buzzi as his assistant doing the magic act on television. God has a great man back in his midst. He will be missed as he is loved.

Our prayers go out to his wife and sons and the rest of his family and all of his friends too.

God Bless!

Receptionitis15

NO WAY!!!!!!!! I totally dreamed he died last week, and asked my Mom the next morning if he did 'cause I wasn't sure if I dreamed it or heard it somewhere.. I am so psychic or something!